What's new

Game runs like ass...

filipanton

My game keeps stuttering every 5 seconds and its extremely annoying... Its not my pc because I know that it should be able to handle this game, does anyone know a fix for this shit?

Roll back drivers, update drivers , try not being on dx11, clean/dust your pc, disk cleanup.

I have a potato for a PC and I run it just fine.

My internet is fine, my pc is fine... at this point I have no fucking clue what to do, might just give up.

Not so fast!

Please delete all files in C:/ArcheRage/Documents and relaunch the client. Let me know if this helps.

^ I think you mean C:\users\<usernameyoureloggedonwith>\documents\archeage\* ?

Afaik (not at home to check) there is no such folder as c:\archerage\documents.

If you have a HDD and not a SSD, that could be part of your issue. This game has a LOT of assets that it streams from storage. Loading is not always coded asynchronously in this game either. The Crytek engine isn't exactly amazing with some of it's technology.

If you have a HDD and not a SSD, that could be part of your issue. This game has a LOT of assets that it streams from storage. Loading is not always coded asynchronously in this game either. The Crytek engine isn't exactly amazing with some of it's technology.
So Im fucked? I remember playing this game like 3 years ago or something and had no stutter...

I mean, not necessarily. Have you defragged your HDD lately? Are you sure you have a HDD?

What's your graphics card? RAM? CPU?

Does stutter happen around a lot of people(center of austera or marinople) or in heavily populated housing zones?

What about when you're in the wild, hunting mobs?

Does CPU usage spike during the stuttering as well?

What does your RAM usage look like while playing the game? You could be swap filing if it's full, and that would cause major issues right there.

There's a lot of factors to poor performing games on computers.

For reference, I have

Samsung 850 Evo 256GB SSD
16GB DDR4 RAM
i7 6700k
Nvidia GTX 1080TI

I average 100-142 FPS normally on max settings with low AntiAliasing out in the wild. Even tweaking shadow distances doesn't usually help all that much

With a lot of player characters around, I can see dips into the low 40's - hi 50's

During crazy raids (GR/CR/Luscas) with tons of people, I can dip into the low 20's, and sometimes even 10's for FPS

This game is extremely poorly optimized, even on the best of hardware.

I mean, not necessarily. Have you defragged your HDD lately? Are you sure you have a HDD?

What's your graphics card? RAM? CPU?

Does stutter happen around a lot of people(center of austera or marinople) or in heavily populated housing zones?

What about when you're in the wild, hunting mobs?

Does CPU usage spike during the stuttering as well?

What does your RAM usage look like while playing the game? You could be swap filing if it's full, and that would cause major issues right there.

There's a lot of factors to poor performing games on computers.
GTX 970, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz 8GB and intel core i5-4670k .

It happens all the time and the only thing that spikes is my HDD usage.

Temps are fine on both GPU and CPU, only got this probably with ArcheAge.

What settings are you playing on? I added to my post above. Even with a 1080TI and a 6700K I can get some serious dips in FPS performance

This game isn't greatly coded, for reference.

I'd try putting it on a SSD if possible, see if that helps you out.

Your RAM sounds a little borderline, depending on what your OS is occupying. I'd check to see if RAM usage is full/close to full. As I said,you could be swap filing, and that would be your entire problem right there. Swap filing can lead to disk thrashing, which causes serious degrades in performance.

What settings are you playing on? I added to my post above. Even with a 1080TI and a 6700K I can get some serious dips in FPS performance

This game isn't greatly coded, for reference.

I'd try putting it on a SSD if possible, see if that helps you out.

Your RAM sounds a little borderline, depending on what your OS is occupying. I'd check to see if RAM usage is full/close to full. As I said,you could be swap filing, and that would be your entire problem right there. Swap filing can lead to disk thrashing, which causes serious degrades in performance.
I think my Ram usage was at like 80%

This is starting to sound like a combination RAM/Swap filing issue. I'd monitor that closely.

Try closing any additional programs you have running BEFORE starting up Archeage. Make sure your RAM usage is as low as you can get it before you play the game. See if that helps.

This is starting to sound like a combination RAM/Swap filing issue. I'd monitor that closely.

Try closing any additional programs you have running BEFORE starting up Archeage. Make sure your RAM usage is as low as you can get it before you play the game. See if that helps.
Currently doing a defragment.

Back