What's new

Game runs like ass...

Oh I just noticed that I have been deleting the archeage folder, is there a folder for ArcheRage?

On the main drive partition both live and ArcheRage are named ArcheAge since it is basically the same game.
You can locate the ArcheRage User documents by hovering over the date of folder being created and using the latest one, since if you have both live and archerage installed it will be something like this ArcheAge ArcheAge0 ArcheAge1.
Defragmentation can greatly improve performance.
Freeing up space on your system drive as well.
Using virtual memory.

Post an update if you still have issues.

On the main drive partition both live and ArcheRage are named ArcheAge since it is basically the same game.
You can locate the ArcheRage User documents by hovering over the date of folder being created and using the latest one, since if you have both live and archerage installed it will be something like this ArcheAge ArcheAge0 ArcheAge1.
Defragmentation can greatly improve performance.
Freeing up space on your system drive as well.
Using virtual memory.

Post an update if you still have issues.
yea idk... kinda gave up tbh, I tried playing it for a few hours but its just annoying so I will probably uninstall. I think ive tried every "fix" but nothing works.

Archeage is very demanding game resources wise, i have a computer on which i can play latest games ,but to play this fluidly i need to lower my graphic settings.
Try using Gamebooster / Driverbooster software to further improve your computer performance, and shut down every process/application you do not need before entering the game. Also if you suspect it is internet related try checking your ping with speedtest, improving it and increasing the connection speed.

Good luck !

My RL friend was having similar issues with crippling frame rate and stuttering, he tried the highest and lowest graphics settings and it didn't work so he tried medium and it just worked. IIRC he just sat down and fiddled with the graphics settings until it worked for him. (He is running an i7-6700k and a 1080 ti with a hdd and ram < 2 years old)

My RL friend was having similar issues with crippling frame rate and stuttering, he tried the highest and lowest graphics settings and it didn't work so he tried medium and it just worked. IIRC he just sat down and fiddled with the graphics settings until it worked for him. (He is running an i7-6700k and a 1080 ti with a hdd and ram < 2 years old)
The graphics settings doesnt really matter for me, still get stutter.

Oh I just noticed that I have been deleting the archeage folder, is there a folder for ArcheRage?

There isn't an ArcheRage folder specifically. It all goes under Archeage. In order for an ArcheRage folder to exist, the AR team would have to RE the game, and modify the string that's used to create the C:\Archeage and C:\Users\<YourUsername>\Documents\Archeage folder.

I looked into the C:\Archeage folder, turns out, it holds a symbolic link to your actual documents folder, somehow. Not sure how that works with multiple user accounts all being on the same computer with Archeage, but I digress. So if you go into C:\Archeage\Documents, it actually leads you into C:\Users\<YourUsername>\Documents\Archeage.

So, deleting the files out of there is actually the same as going into your documents via your library links, or the long way.

Unfortunately, without actually being on your computer, I couldn't say for sure what else the problem would be. If a defrag didn't help, then it's gotta be a RAM issue, based off the information you've provided thus far. It sounds like you don't have enough RAM and you're swap filing.

Back