Should we add this?

• Yes

Votes: 133 93.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already told you and should be obvious that I read the OP, can you get past it now? kty.
Lets get back to the start, "gems are hard!", yes, they are and there are reasons for them to be hard, one is to get honor out of the game and also because not everyone is supposed to go around with fully gemed gear, I understand the frustration of gemming but that is part of the game, RNG is at the core of gear progression in this game, not everyone should go around with mythic gear the same as not everyone shoudl go around with fully gemed gear, not everyone gets a delph weap or armor by crafting and all this is by design, you want it changed and I can understand that, but you not only want it made easy but you also want a bunch of other stuff made accesible pretty much for free, on the basis that "QQ gems are hard!". Changes like this might break the game beyond repair and it doesnt mater if there are changes in 4.0, in 4.5 leech doesnt sleep, overwhelms doesnt stun and there is a ton of other changes that make sense for 4.0 or 4.5 but not 2.9 and the current state of the server.

Except the RNG can be heavily brute forced in Korea because of the honor gains. On top of this, in 4.0 everything is 100% because they realized that having rng for that kind of gear progression is bad.

Except the RNG can be heavily brute forced in Korea because of the honor gains. On top of this, in 4.0 everything is 100% because they realized that having rng for that kind of gear progression is bad.
Ever heard of Kooncoon? there are plenty of videos of him struggling to get his gear gemmed and he is/was pretty p2w in korea so I dont think that "RNG bruteforce" is even a thing, not for everyone at no cost like you propose to do here.
About 4.0, 2.9 < 4.0, we dont have the gear progression they have nor the end game they have, they be feeding mythics to level up erenor, they have more slot and stronger gear than ever before, obviously they have to make the gems keep up with the rest of the gear, but for us that is not the case, so no, the "they have it in 4.0" is not a valid argument.

Ever heard of Kooncoon? there are plenty of videos of him struggling to get his gear gemmed and he is/was pretty p2w in korea so I dont think that "RNG bruteforce" is even a thing, not for everyone at no cost like you propose to do here.
About 4.0, 2.9 < 4.0, we dont have the gear progression they have nor the end game they have, they be feeding mythics to level up erenor, they have more slot and stronger gear than ever before, obviously they have to make the gems keep up with the rest of the gear, but for us that is not the case, so no, the "they have it in 4.0" is not a valid argument.
No offense but you seem to be pretty retarded so can you just like stop? Thanks.

No that's also false, toughness gems, which are probably the most important gem, got worse. They went from 353 to 320 per socket. This also doesn't make sense as they had a fresh start with these changes implemented.

No that's also false, toughness gems, which are probably the most important gem, got worse. They went from 353 to 320 per socket. This also doesn't make sense as they had a fresh start with these changes implemented.
When something gets nerfed its because it was too strong, and you want everyone to go around fully gemed, did you even stop to think what that would be like? Have absolutelly everyone running around with say celestial gear packed with focus, resilence and taughness, how would that even work in pvp? Explain to me why that would be good other than ppl not having to deal with failure.

When something gets nerfed its because it was too strong, and you want everyone to go around fully gemed, did you even stop to think what that would be like? Have absolutelly everyone running around with say celestial gear packed with focus, resilence and taughness, how would that even work in pvp? Explain to me why that would be good other than ppl not having to deal with failure.
This just proved to me you have no idea what you are saying. Have you ever experienced end game pvp? Because having fully gemmed pants and shirt is a necessity.

This just proved to me you have no idea what you are saying. Have you ever experienced end game pvp? Because having fully gemmed pants and shirt is a necessity.
We are not only talking end game pvp here, we are talking everyone and their mother fully gemed.

We are not only talking end game pvp here, we are talking everyone and their mother fully gemed.
Yeah, and what I'm saying is that kind of thing is normal. If you aren't gemmed you are at a severe disadvantage towards pretty much anyone. Having full gems isn't a luxury, it's what is needed to be competitive, end game or not.

Is @RekTSpekT a brain-dead darkrunner, one of the few classes that would suffer from this change because he can't t two tap ungemmed lowbies for easy honor?

Yeah, and what I'm saying is that kind of thing is normal. If you aren't gemmed you are at a severe disadvantage towards pretty much anyone. Having full gems isn't a luxury, it's what is needed to be competitive, end game or not.
Sure, having more gems is good, but normalizing it, is it good too? if everyone has fulls gems, whats even the point of having gems in the first place? Gemming is gear progression, something to work towards and we all know it can take a ton of work and a long time to get fully gemmed, remove it from the game and it is one less thing people can play for.

Remember when they removed downgrade chance from unique and below? Turns out negative progression wasn't very fun. I too remember pushing for unique buff just to end up back at arcane. That's the same system still in place with gems.

Remember when they removed downgrade chance from unique and below? Turns out negative progression wasn't very fun. I too remember pushing for unique buff just to end up back at arcane. That's the same system still in place with gems.
except you go all the way back to basic with gems :p

Sure, having more gems is good, but normalizing it, is it good too? if everyone has fulls gems, whats even the point of having gems in the first place? Gemming is gear progression, something to work towards and we all know it can take a ton of work and a long time to get fully gemmed, remove it from the game and it is one less thing people can play for.

We're trying to add MORE things to the honor shop to use our honor on. Plenty of incentive to keep playing then.

We're trying to add MORE things to the honor shop to use our honor on. Plenty of incentive to keep playing then.
Thats not really the main change, just looking at the title of this thread we can see that, the main change is gems chance, the other changes are just extra stuff to get from honor instead of the normal means with the excuse of burning that extra honor people will be sitting on when they dont have to use it for gems. In the end the plan is to get full gems, costumes, buffs and mounts out of honor alone, which is either lazy or greedy and may end up screwing up the game, ye sure gems are good for pvp but thats not a reason good enough for giving them away pretty much for free along with a bunch of other stuff.

Last edited:
Hello
Some changes from this thread should be made upon balancing, which is left for administration to approve.
Voting poll has been positive on suggestions as well as general oppinion.Improving honor system in general is gray area with a lot of variants on how it will impact other mechanics and gameplay activities so changes need to be reviewed carefully.
Thank you all for your input.I will lock the thread and pass it to admins.

Much of the constructive suggestions were already made, but if you have any new ideas or doubts add them as well.
Please restrain from flaming or calling other players names, or trying to derail the thread.

Much of the constructive suggestions were already made, but if you have any new ideas or doubts add them as well.
Please restrain from flaming or calling other players names, or trying to derail the thread.
Thank you. It was partially my fault for engaging and letting it get derailed, so I personally apologize.

On another note, let me know what you guys think of this so far. Prices are still up to be discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back