Should we add this?

• Yes

Votes: 133 93.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a little confused, you seem to be saying that PvPing all day and being able to get rewarding things out of doing it after you finish gemming and have excess honor to spend on the "honor sink" items that would be tradeable like grimoires, is a bad thing. Is that right or am I misreading that
Being able to complete gemming easily and having more stuff to get out of the honor shop is what I disagree with.
Just go back a bit in this thread and you can see this points I made with more detail.

Being able to complete gemming easily and having more stuff to get out of the honor shop is what I disagree with.
Just go back a bit in this thread and you can see this points I made with more detail.
So you disagree with this whole entire thread as well as you have no room for compromise. Great.

Another point, it does not seem to me that all the fuss about highly geared players is very justified, if you have like at least 1,2 more friends to play with, that know how to pvp, you can just zerg kill almost anyone in the game.If you do a trade run alone, or logs in marcala, or other scenarios, it is your own responsibility and fault.

@RekTSpekT yeah i stand corrected 3 is too low, 4 is ok i think, would anyone else agree on 4 gems being 100% seems like an improvement, with the rest dropping down in chance ?
Like 4 gems 100% chance on all of your gear, damn thats some pvp protection right there, aight? You can count 5th right in, since jk, would be like 70% chance or so.

Or mby scrap all of dat and simply go with like dunno 30k honour per refined gem??

@RekTSpekT yeah i stand corrected 3 is too low, 4 is ok i think, would anyone else agree on 4 gems being 100% seems like an improvement, with the rest dropping down in chance ?
Like 4 gems 100% chance on all of your gear, damn thats some pvp protection right there, aight? You can count 5th right in, since jk, would be like 70% chance or so.

Or mby scrap all of dat and simply go with like dunno 30k honour per refined gem??

I dont know the actual odds at the moment but I think they could be something like 100% first gem, say 50% second and maybe 25% the third or something like that, which really makes it not that hard to get, so then I think there is no need to increase the odds as with just some farming we can get 3 gems in.

But I think you thougth of it the other way around and want to have more gems 100%, I disagree.
If even the first 3 gems were made 100% then the odds for the 4th should go down to something like 10%, think divine regrade odds kind of thing, from there on up it should get lower in the realm of the single digit odds, and prolly that is how it is at the moment.
I think we can equate the odds for geming to something like the odds to regrade from heroic and up (but with 100% regrading at arcane to heroic ), being celestial at 25% the 3rd gem, but this are just numbers I am throwing here as a reference when thinking on the odds of slotting a gem.

So following this grade to slot number equation theory the odds to slot 5 gems must be at this time the same as the odds to get an epic, 6 legendary and 7 mythic, sounds about right, thought with gems it is more punishing cos we lose all the gems with each fail, with regrades only past celestial and even there we have better chances to keep something out of the attempt.
If my theory holds any water then we could say that granting 3 gems at 100% could be something like granting 100% chance to regrade up to celestial, the 4th would be 100% to divine.

What I think I am trying to say with all this is that taking away the odds of slotting gems removes a big chunck of the progression that could be compared to removing the odds of regrading up to celestial/divine for the first 3/4 gems in comparssion, at least mechanics wise, giving more than that could be compared to giving away epic grades and so on. Now I wonder what would be the effect of having all that extra gold in game that wont be wasted in failed regrades since regrading is a big, if not the biggest gold sink, and I worry that it could be kind of the same effect with honor if gems are made easier, butterfly effect kind of thing.

With gems we have to take in consideration the costs, unlike with regrades that involve the gear, the scrolls, the gold and charms if you use them, with gems the cost is only honor, which is free ( or a currency itself that is way easier to get than gold ), so it makes sense to make it harder than regrades by breaking all the gems, the costs for regrades are way higher so only for the top grades there are chances to lose it all but some archeum crystals.

Then I think, is it frustrating to slot gems? yes, but it is not as much as regrading and obviously it costs much less, it only takes time, patience and playing the game to farm honor, and even thought regrading is more costly I dont see polls to make regrades easier, it might be because we can get past regrading with some money and for gems we can only farm honor in most of the cases, or maybe it is that we acepted that we all cant go around with mythic gear and settle for celestial/divine/epic, then why cant we settle for 3/4/5 gems too?, I think that the same as not everyone should go around in full mythic, not everyone should go around with full gems, some are lucky and get a lot of gems, others can farm honor easy and try more times and the rest of us is fine with 3 gems, 4 if lucky.

Last edited:
Hi All!

We are looking through your suggestions. We are checking if possible to implement some changes to Honor Socket Gem and what kind of changes can take place. Will get back to you in regards to the thread's discussion subject shortly.

Hi All!

We are looking through your suggestions. We are checking if possible to implement some changes to Honor Socket Gem and what kind of changes can take place. Will get back to you in regards to the thread's discussion subject shortly.
Thank you! We really appreciate it. Let me know if theres anything you guys need.

Claiming to know what the vast majority of the server wants is a bold claim.

Why would anyone waste their time playing a duplicate of live servers where you have to spend another 3 years progressing just to get back to a comfortable point? Especially when most people have already done this....on live....

By making it easier to socket gems you will actually remove one of the main honor sinks in the game, if not the only one, and once people gets fully socketed, like you said, they lose interest in pvp, dunno if this is true tho, what this does is making it easier to reach end game and not need to go grind that honor with pvp for those gems, tho, they can go grind honor for that pegasus...

Whales gonna whale anyway, tho at this moment unless they are crypto whales they aint gonna do much, but thats not the point.
There is no reason why divine gear should be easy to get, there is no reason why there should be more luckies in the market, other than people "wanting" it.

The "60 potential divines" thing is false, its is RNG so 60 luckies might as well be 0 divines.

People don't lose interest after fully socketing, thats false as hell. Or else nations wouldn't exist on live where a majority of the players in them have *ding ding* full sockets, and a large portion of them in full epics. They want to pvp, ALL DAY LONG if possible....<----but the problem with live is the fact that the amount of playerbase with full gems, full epics etc, IS LOW, Those players without those items that can compete with epics and full gems don't pvp........<------YOU CAN'T PVP AGAINST PLAYERS THAT DON'T EXIST! NO MATTER HOW MANY FULL SOCKETS YOU HAVE.

Other than that can you name any specific suggestions as to how you would make the game less p2w dependent?

Do tell me your oppinion.

Are you trolling? The RNG based progression in this game IS, the p2w dependency.... <----PEOPLE PAY....TO AVOID RNG.....

The one's that aren't paying to avoid RNG progression are spending money on mounts, costumes, houses, furniture, weapon skins, proficiency crystals, submarines, costume appearance transfer things, and various other random shit in the shop.

If you want to make this game 100% skill based, where no one can EEEVER complain about p2w EEEVER AGAIN....you'd drop all RNG out of progression period, no rng crafting, no rng regrades, no rng gems, no rng costume stats, no rng cloak stats, no rng necklaces, no rng PERIOD within the items that make a statistical impact on your character, unless its for combat purposes like crit rate etc which are based on the skills and the gear you chose to progress. You then GUT the entire cash shop mount, costume, pets, battle pets, furniture, ginger bread house, costume dye blah blah blah <----And you put every single one of those items in an RNG box 1 BOX...and you basically make it like heroes of the storm....<----open box, get random thing. You want a specific costume? Too fucking bad buy RNG box get random item, or hope someone is willing to sell said item.

The longer you guys keep drinking the coolaid XL fed you that makes you believe the character progress in this game, your progress, your time, and your effort need to be fucking random the more issues you're gonna have with this title. All the while the main exec at XL is masterbaiting in a corner somewhere about how he overthrew the west!

Last edited:
People don't lose interest after fully socketing, thats false as hell. Or else nations wouldn't exist on live where a majority of the players in them have *ding ding* full sockets, and a large portion of them in full epics. They want to pvp, ALL DAY LONG if possible....<----but the problem with live is the fact that the amount of playerbase with full gems, full epics etc, IS LOW, Those players without those items that can compete with epics and full gems don't pvp........<------YOU CAN'T PVP AGAINST PLAYERS THAT DON'T EXIST! NO MATTER HOW MANY FULL SOCKETS YOU HAVE.
Ye, dunno if players lose interest when they are fully gemmed, that is pretty subjective tho, Disrep things they do. But I think we can say that one big reasons to go out and pvp, besides liking pvp, is getting honor to socket gems, the whole farm honor to socket gems is a mechanic that pretty much has no end without RNGesus's help and keeps taking honor out of the game.

Last edited:
Ye, dunno if players lose interest when they are fully gemmed, that is pretty subjective tho, Disrep things they do. But I think we can say that one big reasons to go out and pvp, besides liking pvp, is getting honor to socket gems, the whole farm honor to socket gems is a mechanic that pretty much has no end without RNGesus's help and keeps taking honor out of the game.
I didn't say that, I said people quit the game because they can't full gem, and that the use for honor shoots down after one gets full gemmed.

People quit the game because of these reasons
  • Lack of pvp. After the initial boom, and people start getting their gear full socketed, pvp dies off. There is no incentive to just go out and randomly pvp, honor doesn't have nearly as much use. Yes there is ironclads, delphinad cloaks, different sets of gear, and the honor title, but none of those things have as much as a pvp boost as honor gems.

"Lose interest" was me talking out of what I recalled, but yup, you said people quit the game for lack of pvp and yes, it can be said that once people got their goal of getting all the honor gems there is not much insentive to go out and pvp other than for the sake of it, like with the honor title and such in the quote I dont think whatever you may put in the honor shop will sufice to cover for the honor gems.

Last edited:
I sure feel like quitting having spent over 200k honor over the course of a month just to have 1 gem on my pants again today though.

instead of making gemming easier how about we increase regrade chances since we already have increased the amount of honour we get in game

Neat another thread of good ideas that will never be implemented. If they do implement any of this, it will be botched like the lucky sun points on the bosses.

Are you trolling? The RNG based progression in this game IS, the p2w dependency.... <----PEOPLE PAY....TO AVOID RNG.....

The one's that aren't paying to avoid RNG progression are spending money on mounts, costumes, houses, furniture, weapon skins, proficiency crystals, submarines, costume appearance transfer things, and various other random shit in the shop.

If you want to make this game 100% skill based, where no one can EEEVER complain about p2w EEEVER AGAIN....you'd drop all RNG out of progression period, no rng crafting, no rng regrades, no rng gems, no rng costume stats, no rng cloak stats, no rng necklaces, no rng PERIOD within the items that make a statistical impact on your character, unless its for combat purposes like crit rate etc which are based on the skills and the gear you chose to progress. You then GUT the entire cash shop mount, costume, pets, battle pets, furniture, ginger bread house, costume dye blah blah blah <----And you put every single one of those items in an RNG box 1 BOX...and you basically make it like heroes of the storm....<----open box, get random thing. You want a specific costume? Too fucking bad buy RNG box get random item, or hope someone is willing to sell said item.

The longer you guys keep drinking the coolaid XL fed you that makes you believe the character progress in this game, your progress, your time, and your effort need to be fucking random the more issues you're gonna have with this title. All the while the main exec at XL is masterbaiting in a corner somewhere about how he overthrew the west!

No rng at all xD ? Im f2p player, and it seems to me that only difference in making like xxxx item rng or cost 1000.. something is that anyone poor would be able to buy few gems, boxes and shyt and just yolo and win the lottery, which indeed happens quite often, while im seeing swipers cry how they didnt get sloth after 100th box or something.

Some rng is just wrong like in regrades to celest and honor gems, it is too punishing and i can agree on that.

I didn't say that, I said people quit the game because they can't full gem, and that the use for honor shoots down after one gets full gemmed.

Lookie here, is all cool and stuff u and your buddies wanna see people competetive in pvp, like get some honor gems in easier and all are happy.
But dont ya think its kinda fishy and seethrough that many guys wantin this are buyin gold in droves on that discord gold sale link?
To top it off, they prolly kinda got everything they need from gold sellers, and all they need now is to get those last few gems in easily, and maybe not wait to grind for axis mundi/loyalty mounts since they cant exactly buy it with RMT.
Most average joes i know didnt even get armors they are fine with socketing..

Like hell, your suggestion came from gold selling discord or am i wrong, so what are we all, that stupid?
If this is all just a big coincidence than damn, how weird it all fits so nicely to help top players and RMT/Swipers ,instead of average players.

Like who the hell from average players built their costumes to mythic to think bout rerolling, or who got all them mats for dalphinad cloak and now has like 10-20k gold to buy an axis mundi..
'omg
Before u split into excuses on how is all primary to socketing and how you think everyone well, think about how everyone will be once they socket their shyt in few days, events will be ded, server ded, and gear disparity even higher since them whales will just buy everything freaking possible off honor shop :D
Like fck no, i wanna see ppl working their asses off to gem those last few sockets, and not make everything freaking tradable in the honor shop, just get ur shit together and farm it like a man.(or woman)

People don't play to gem their gear, people gem their gear so they can play
Dis is some Yoda lvl wisdom :D i agree, gotta find some compromise tho
U have a kid, and it wants candy every day, do you give it candy always? Itll either rip from blood sugar, get crooked teeth, or get sick and never want candy again. I wanna see improvements, but also some balance on these changes, and so far its been like a comic book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back