What's new

How to get scammed, and how to avoid it :)

Do we want Trade Window Lock-In to have a several second Cooldown after gold/item changes?

• F Yeah make it 5 seconds !

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 3 seconds is fine.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No change.

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

Raistlin

There were 2 waves of scams being made from most likely the same person probably using macro now.

*************How its done?

1. The person contacts you saying he will buy your credits, items, whatever and invites you to mirage.

2.He than Opens a trade window showing you the correct amount.

3.Right before locking in, he CHANGES amount, puts in trade a random item or two
( like 100 credits ,or regrade scrolls, completely random) locks in and presses the trade button,

ALL AT THE SAME TIME !

If you get slightly distant and do not double and tripple check the amounts prior to pressing
"TRADE" button, you will receive significantly less for what you bargained for.

He can also cancel trade once, and cheat on you the second time!
Double the fun !

>>DOUBLE - CHECK YOUR TRADE PARTNER WINDOW BEFORE PRESSING "TRADE"<<

You first heard it here xD its just a warning !

I wrote this after reading trade and faction chat today and trying to trade with the person to make sure its the same method.

Good luck :p

The new one is asking people to buy items for gilda. I know a few players who have been asked to buy mansions, then on trading, the player doesnt want it.

1000 gilda is a a lot for people to be wasting.

Wow you're telling people to double check their trade windows? You must be some kind of genius!

This guy tried getting me two times back to back yesterday. He instantly switched from 5500G sale to 55G as he locked it. I always triple check before confirming, buts it's worth letting people know and giving a friendly reminder that someone is actively doing this.

One of them is named Onedollar. He tried it on me. I whispered him, "your money changed" and he ran away to the portal without saying anything. lol

Wow you're telling people to double check their trade windows? You must be some kind of genius!

The fact that Onedollar was selling all kinds of gear and items throughout the day yesterday means that maybe people should be reminded...

One of them is named Onedollar. He tried it on me. I whispered him, "your money changed" and he ran away to the portal without saying anything. lol

The fact that Onedollar was selling all kinds of gear and items throughout the day yesterday means that maybe people should be reminded...

I saw "Fishy" sell same exact items as "Onedollar" ,so thats two of his chars down, at last on west. Added them on scammer list as well.

https://na.archerage.to/forums/inde...nd-trades-demolitions-services-part-iii.1113/

One tried to scam my friend, the guy was pretending to be Beck...

MxceQRp.png

He used a macro to change it and it was so fluid, if there wasn't a red flag with him forcing 100 credits into the mix it probably would have gone unnoticed.

One tried to scam my friend, the guy was pretending to be Beck...

MxceQRp.png

He used a macro to change it and it was so fluid, if there wasn't a red flag with him forcing 100 credits into the mix it probably would have gone unnoticed.

Hello

There was lack of more video evidence against this player.
Investigation related to alleged macro was done and while it was not discovered fully, other type of misconduct was found.
This player and two more of his connected accounts were banned.

He is indeed present on a new single account in the game currently as stated above.

Having multiple accounts is against the rules, using macro in purpose of some game-breaking actions as well against the rulles,
scamming not against the rules.

If you notice someone breaking the rules, please send a ticket ,preferably with video or screenshot proof.

Back