What's new

Kraken

What should happen with kraken?

• Kraken should despawn after 3 hours.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • Kraken should lose maximum hp every hour that it's up.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing should change.

Votes: 46 50.0%
  • I have a different idea.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kraken should despawn after an agreed upon amount of hours.

Votes: 13 14.1%

• Total voters
It's extremely boring to reset kraken over and over again, and just sit on your boat for hours just driving around and blowing up anyone who attempts the boss for hours

It was also extremely boring having to fight pn in halcy at easts base close to a nui over and over again, and just sit in our base not even bother trying anymore as we failed to attempt entering their base for hours.

It was also extremely boring having to fight pn in halcy at easts base close to a nui over and over again, and just sit in our base not even bother trying anymore as we failed to attempt entering their base for hours.
I don't think the issue you are referring to pertains to the topic at hand, halcyona war = spawns 2x everyday as well. This isn't an ongoing problem. Halcy also has a ~1hr despawn timer.

Seems like you're taking out your personal frustration with the administration team over not changing halcyona onto this thread. I know for a fact you also haven't been to Kraken over 5 times in the last two years.

Last edited:
Its not custom mechanic. It is how kraken always was in later patches is changes. Stop try change game in ur favour when u cant control a part of it, u can always kiss with pn2 like you did yesterday and kill kraken together [bcolor=rgb(255, 255, 255)];)[/bcolor]
24H Kraken timer is a custom mechanic. Boss in 3.5 and later patches is supposed to spawn simultaneously with Red Dragon and DGS and only stay up for 3 hours.

Attachments

• Screenshot_11.png
    Screenshot_11.png
    218.3 KB · Views: 237
Last edited by a moderator:
I like how u try devalue my comments and you putting yourself on a position of a person that dicide who should talk and who not.
Of course I'm going to devalue your opinion by bringing up past comments that prove my point in saying that you don't know anything about balancing mechanics. That's kind of how debates work pal.

Lol complaining that you don't wanna stay up late, didn't work.
So now it's the evil europeans that are to fault. Wonder what card Vinchino is gonna try to pull next.
Late krakens favor EU players. Never heard such a bullshit. Starts at minight for central europe and 8hrs end at 8am. If you think that favors anyone in the EU you are simply oblivious and/or making up excuses.
You're trying to nullify havoc's input about the topic because of previous statements regarding balance in the past.
You say krakens this long are boring and not enjoyable to anyone.
Yet you sit in gladiator with your 100% win-rate as you stealth lassitude cheese people playing daggerspell every single round. Maybe ask the players you've played against how much fun they have had in those duels. I doubt they had any. So don't try to act like your opinion on balance has any more value over those from other players.
Kraken isn't unkillable and a group of people simply found a workaround on how to win it against players that used to dominate it.

Comparing kraken to glads, lol. Do you even know what kraken looks like?

Last edited:
Seems like you're taking out your personal frustration with the administration team over not changing halcyona onto this thread.

No. What I see is a bunch of people that are upset about being put in the same type of situation that they have put others in in the past. Everything said in this thread by these people with the exception of what inus said, is pure hypocrisy and all I do here is point that out.

I know for a fact you also haven't been to Kraken over 5 times in the last two years

That's also a fairytale lol. I've been to kraken a year ago with the east/west alliance that Brokage/Wyatt partly led. I've been to kraken twice in my short time in PC, I was at Kraken during <Winter> era, and I've been there plenty of times roaming around alone. Sure, my attendancy is far from regular PN players. But what you said is an overexeggeration and you callling 5 attendancies a fact is turning it all into a blatant lie.
You having to lie and not being able to come up with actual worthy input towards the topic is just embarassing.

Last edited:
People who don't go to Kraken most likely voted against any changes. It means more uncontested content for them if there are 100 6-8k+ gearscore players tied up in the West Arcadian Sea, far away from all trade runs and minor world bosses.
And thats great, the longer kraken goes the higher chances smaller guilds have to grab some content and that mean progers and health for server ;)

Vinchino i dont consider old mechanic that was left in game as custom, Custom mechanics would be something that was made only for this server. Dosent rly matter that was put into "custom updates" its not rly custom change.

Last edited:
Vinchino for me at least kraken spawns at 11:30pm and I stay up till around 4-5am depending on the day, not my fault you guys frail out because it's getting too late.

That's also a fairytale lol. I've been to kraken a year ago with the east/west alliance that Brokage/Wyatt partly led. I've been to kraken twice in my short time in PC, I was at Kraken during <Winter> era, and I've been there plenty of times roaming around alone. Sure, my attendancy is far from regular PN players. But what you said is an overexeggeration and you callling 5 attendancies a fact is turning it all into a blatant lie.
You having to lie and not being able to come up with actual worthy input towards the topic is just embarassing.
Give him a break. Someone accidentally erased his chalkboard where he tallied every single kraken that you showed up to. I too like to take non-literal statements literally.

Vinchino i dont consider old mechanic that was left in game as custom, Custom mechanics would be something that was made only for this server. Dosent rly matter that was put into "custom updates" its not rly custom change.
I too dropped out of 3rd grade.

Vinchino for me at least kraken spawns at 11:30pm and I stay up till around 4-5am depending on the day, not my fault you guys frail out because it's getting too late.
Thanks for un-ironically agreeing with me.

Give him a break. Someone accidentally erased his chalkboard where he tallied every single kraken that you showed up to. I too like to take non-literal statements literally.

I too dropped out of 3rd grade.

Thanks for un-ironically agreeing with me.
Except funnily enough I'm UK and not NA.

All I really have to say is that after a certain point kraken becomes a battle of attrition and doing that repeatedly will begin to affect the health and wellbeing of the players. We're all mmo players here and know how long content can end up lasting, I used to play FFXI and there was content that sent people to hospitals because of how long it took and it led to the games developers stepping in and changing or nerfing things.

I've had my fair share of excruciatingly long krakens, theres a lot of great pvp but it turns into people using rat tactics until the other sides are tired enough for them to kill it. Somewhere between 4-6 hours would be an ideal despawn timer. With a more strict despawn timer people can still get great pvp, but they'll also be forced to try harder to take kraken in a reasonable period of time or develop new tactics for them to take it.

Kraken doesn't need to be nerfed, if uncontested it can literally take less than 10 minutes, but the despawn timer definitely needs to be adjusted. Just my two cents.

All I really have to say is that after a certain point kraken becomes a battle of attrition and doing that repeatedly will begin to affect the health and wellbeing of the players. We're all mmo players here and know how long content can end up lasting, I used to play FFXI and there was content that sent people to hospitals because of how long it took and it led to the games developers stepping in and changing or nerfing things.

I've had my fair share of excruciatingly long krakens, theres a lot of great pvp but it turns into people using rat tactics until the other sides are tired enough for them to kill it. Somewhere between 4-6 hours would be an ideal despawn timer. With a more strict despawn timer people can still get great pvp, but they'll also be forced to try harder to take kraken in a reasonable period of time or develop new tactics for them to take it.

Kraken doesn't need to be nerfed, if uncontested it can literally take less than 10 minutes, but the despawn timer definitely needs to be adjusted. Just my two cents.

And what if one side decide to greef it to the point it will be very rarely killed or practicly never ? Cuz with short despawn time is posible.

And what if one side decide to greef it to the point it will be very rarely killed or practicly never ? Cuz with short despawn time is posible.
What if two sides decide to team up after 5 hours if it has not been killed to make a soft despawn timer? (Guaranteed kill)

Either a despawn timer is implemented or new alliances will be formed, I am sure of this.

I mean it's not like the loot goes outside of the nation that kraken goes to. And I also disagree with this, I think kraken will still die from people being forced to actually getting their shit together and using better tactics instead of the same old strats. The only reason pirates are against this change is because they know they have the most non-NA players.

Don't blame the game mechanics, blame the players. If you play defensive, you get your long-ass Krakens. If you'd play aggressive, Kraken would be finished within a short time period. lol

EDIT:
other Idea,
let Kraken spawn for EU players 2-3 times a week so more ink sacs are out there and the whole server doesn't have to fight over the few spawns we have anymore
-and like people aren't forced to stay up late lol

Last edited:
Actualy i am against this chance cuz i know if timer like 5h get implemented i will just greef it so noone ever get kraken(i will try) instead of kill goes to ppl that actualy can fight for it. Kraken Time spawn is worst for non=Na players literraly cant be worse and fights goes thru entire night till morning if you say that benefit somehow non-NA players plz explain me how. I want see you going fot kraken at midnight ur time and fight for 10h.

Last edited:
Don't blame the game mechanics, blame the players. If you play defensive, you get your long-ass Krakens. If you'd play aggressive, Kraken would be finished within a short time period. lol

EDIT:
other Idea,
let Kraken spawn for EU players 2-3 times a week so more ink sacs are out there and the whole server doesn't have to fight over the few spawns we have anymore
-and like people aren't forced to stay up late lol
How do we know you're not actually just trpwhre speaking through Hnys account like how trpwhre does that on both discord and in game?

Adding additional kraken spawns is not a solution.

Actualy i am against this chance cuz i know if timer like 5h get implemented i will just greef it so noone ever get kraken(i will try) instead of kill goes to ppl that actualy can fight for it.

I was about to say, that sounds like something your guild would be doing :D

Kraken Time spawn is worst for non=Na players literraly cant be worse and fights goes thru entire night till morning if you say that benefit somehow non-NA players plz explain me how. Cuz i want see you going fot kraken at midnight ur time and fight for 10h.

I can tell you, that a despawn timer would benefit me greatly. I don't get to stay up past 3-4AM(kraken spawns 1:30AM my time), but on the off-chance that I can stay up later, my whole morning won't be stale kraken pvp. Also more aggressive tactics due to it despawning would allow for more pvp events being completed.

If you think either of the leaderships would use aggressive tactics without being forced into it, you haven't been at enough Krakens, Trapwhre Hny

Why not just increase Kraken's susceptibility to siege damage? Despawning it at a certain time would ensure the market for the key items it drops would be further stifled because it wouldn't die, so why not make it easier to kill over time in the first place?

Actualy i am against this chance cuz i know if timer like 5h get implemented i will just greef it so noone ever get kraken(i will try) instead of kill goes to ppl that actualy can fight for it. Kraken Time spawn is worst for non=Na players literraly cant be worse and fights goes thru entire night till morning if you say that benefit somehow non-NA players plz explain me how. Cuz i want see you going fot kraken at midnight ur time and fight for 10h.

Did you have a stroke while typing that out? Also, I've already explained why it's better for non-na players but I know you can't comprehend anything unless someone sits you down and shows you an explanation using pictures.

Why not just increase Kraken's susceptibility to siege damage? Despawning it at a certain time would ensure the market for the key items it drops would be further stifled because it wouldn't die, so why not make it easier to kill over time in the first place?

I don't understand why people say things like a despawn timer would hurt the market for kraken drops... There is no market for kraken drops as the drops don't go outside of the group it goes to. I do agree though that making it more susceptible to siege damage is a good alternative.

Back