What's new

Launcher stuck on "saving client info" and constantly patching cannot click PLAY to play!

So all I did was update/patch the game like normally when the last patch you guys released came out.

Then it said pointer click error exception or something like that and never finished patching!

Now it constantly loads up like its updating and patching for me but NEVER COMPLETES and the play button is UNCLICKABLE even though launcher says server is online. It seems to be stuck on save client data.

Plz help. I dont want to have to REINSTALL this game ALL OVER AGAIN. It takes FOREVER to do so. Ive also already tried deleting cache folder NOTHING WORKS.
I cannot hit play or log in ever since youre last patch you guys released!

Also before you tell me to allow exceptions through my firewall and all that... I already tried that and allowed sciter, launcher, game_pak, and the main ArcheRage folder... all files and folders I was told to allow through security settings.

I even allowed the game and it's launcher through Windows Firewall and Defender.

I even TURNED OFF my windows defender and firewall and ran archerage launcher to patch without them on, and it STILL got stuck on "SAVING CLIENT INFO" and would not finish.

This is not my windows defender, or firewall or my security settings. This must be the POINT CLICK ERROR EXCEPTION pop-up window that often comes up when patching updating the first time I attempt to.

The issue must somehow be with your launcher and the recent patch update you released for it if it was working fine before patching and before the POINTER CLICK EXCEPTION ERROR window popped up.

I cannot seem to hit the REPAIR button on the launcher either, nor can I ever close the launcher normally when it's stuck. I have to force crash it to shut it down through Task Manager by "Ending Program".

PLEASE dont make me redownload this entire game. I am missing NO FILES at all. It's ALL THERE in my ArcheRage folders on C drive and x86 programs.

Last edited:
You did not turn defender off because you can't. Its built in such a way all you're actually turning off is the proactive effect.
That is why you need to create exclusions for the launcher and installation location.

Your screenshot is a bunch of inbound firewall rules to allow to access the exe. You don't need to do any of that. It's not your issue
Your issue is it doesn't have permission to save in its location. Which is why you need to setup defender exclusions and not firewall rules and run the launcher as administrator

Correct exclusions should look like this
unknown.png

You need to setup the correct exclusions because your game isn't able to properly modify and save any new patches.
Do that first, show you've set it up so I can verify and then we can move onto the next step to try

You need to setup the correct exclusions because your game isn't able to properly modify and save any new patches.
Do that first, show you've set it up so I can verify and then we can move onto the next step to try
Okay so please tell me where i can go on windows 10 to do that. ive already showed you my windows firewall and defender.

The only other thing i have is the basic anti virus that comes with the OS software.

I run NO VPNs and I have NO AVAST or any other security. So really, windows defender firewall and basic on board Microsoft security anti virus programs are all I have.

Nothing is being blocked or denied on firewall, defender, or my security. This game worked just fine with no issues before this recent patch update.

Tell me how patching or updating changes this and why I got a "pointer clicker exception error" and why this happened when I've had no problems this far before up until every time there's a patch or update for this game?

Last edited:
See? this is my anti virus. it is ALSO allowing all archeage exe, launcher, and everything else as well.
Again. This is firewall rules. Not Windows defender exclusions for proactive security. It is not your anti-virus.

You need to go to Virus & Threat protection -> Virus & Threat protection settings -> Scroll down to Add or Remove exclusions and add them in there.

That is where you must create the game exclusions.

Again. This is firewall rules. Not Windows defender exclusions for proactive security. It is not your anti-virus.

You need to go to Virus & Threat protection -> Virus & Threat protection settings -> Scroll down to Add or Remove exclusions and add them in there.

That is where you must create the game exclusions.
Done thank you. thats the step and location i was missing. but now that youve told me where to go and where to make these exceptions I have done all three. the folder, the launcher, the exe. So I restarted my PC and tried again. The launcher is still suck on saving client data and is not allowing the PLAY button to be clickable. I am now at a loss because ive done everything youve asked me to., Even run it as admin and allow exceptions. ive even tried deleting cache.

It is also still attempting at updating/patching but not getting past save client data and will not allow play button to be clicked.

If the marketplace images are still changing in the launcher then its not stuck and its still trying to save. There is no progress meter for the stage. So it either is done or isn't

Of course you can't click play while its trying to save

Okay but the issue here is it NEVER stops and keeps going and is STUCK. The marketplace images are changing, the server says online, but it gets HUNGUP on "saving client data"and refuses to progress any further. D:

In other words it shouldnt take longer than ten to fifteen minutes to finish this update/patch and save my client data because it has NEVER taken that long before to do so. this is LITERALLY stuck, undeniably. it does not take this long it never has. so can you please help with this and patch the launcher or patch the patch/update so it can get unstuck and try again?

I'm having the same problem as above. I've added everything I can to the Virus & protection exceptions. I've even gone so far as to reinstall the whole thing after a full restart AFTER all exceptions were added (and confirmed were there after the restart). I am still stuck at the same place "Save client data". I let it sit for hours just in case if something was going on in the background.

It has been over 12hrs. Nothing has changed and I need to pay my property taxes >< Please, any help you can offer would be really great.

"Save client data" happens when your AV/firewall is blocking or removing some of the game files, not letting the game to properly finish the update.
So, if you already added all recommended exceptions and then reinstall - re-add exceptions one more time, then restart your PC and press Repair.

I can't click "repair". I would have tried that if it were an option but it's sadly not. As soon as the client launches, it attempts to download the newest patch. It never gives me the option to repair as the patch never finishes.

I added additional exceptions just in case - and now I can get the game to launch, but it gives me the following message after the music starts up....

Attachments

• exceptions.png
    exceptions.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot 2023-03-21 202508.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-21 202508.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 58
I added additional exceptions just in case - and now I can get the game to launch, but it gives me the following message after the music starts up....
Looks like you have VPN on and it's giving you this "serer busy" thing. Try to disable it.

VPN is completely disconnected and I'm still getting the message. I've also restarted the computer after enabling and then disabling it to make sure the VPN is off.

Something on your side is blocking access to the server. If you get that error with disabled VPN, then try to enable and use VPN instead.

Back