What's new

My problem with people asking for free land instead of “working” for it.

You hear that Vulgrr? Looks like you better get to farming coinpurses because you made the mistake of joining ArcheRage a month after the server opened. SO lazy of you!

Man, farming coinpurses is what fucked me over on legacy too. Worst s/labor activity :(. I've never been able to make that big dick gold, because I'm a weak 2h staff mage that gets trampled by darkrunners constantly for my packs with no big dick guild to back me up during runs ha ha :p

"waaah waaah waaah but i EARN IT waah waah i dont care if i play alone in 12 weeks, i EARN it waaah waah waah"

Wow that’s some great maturity. If you’re really going to quit because you can’t afford land then you are just looking for a reason to quit the server. We don’t need this shit on the forums though.

This has already been discussed.

https://na.archerage.to/forums/inde...dlines-on-these-issues.1322/page-2#post-11669

Pros: Land might become available after 11th due to tax rotation. Castles will allow Auroria land to be claimed. Edit : 16x16's are indeed available all over the place for as little as 500g, certified.

Cons: Hackers and land grabbers are making a decline of land by exploiting the labor/tax ratio and hoarding land.

New players are joining us each day in numbers ,they were not here Day 1.
Land barons are effectively holding up to 50+ land plots of various sizes, becouse of the low tax ratio.
Much of the space on nuia is not being used/built which is a choice, but the similar amount is being blocked by strategic placments, for the unforeseeable future.

The land scarcity is part of the gameplay, but the scarcity limits are discutable.

Last edited:
So what stops you from farming your initial gold to make an investment after joining the game late?
That's literally what all of my friends are doing. They find illegal tree farms, they time them, they try and contest thunderstrucks from them, they farm library, they farm Auroria. You have so much labor/day, opening coinpurses from either auroria or library will get you gold. Uzi recently managed to get a person to move his farm for 100 gold after being persistent and mailing the person for days, if not even a full week.

Wow that’s some great maturity. If you’re really going to quit because you can’t afford land then you are just looking for a reason to quit the server. We don’t need this shit on the forums though.
you dont get it right? as i said before, i dont need any land. i need players to stay on this server. and people will quit if they dont get land cause of some greedy guys thinking they need to have 34 plots

Simply put, the only people who don't want land caps are the ones hoarding land and thinking of themselves rather than the long-term health of the server.

So what stops you from farming your initial gold to make an investment after joining the game late?
That's literally what all of my friends are doing. They find illegal tree farms, they time them, they try and contest thunderstrucks from them, they farm library, they farm Auroria. You have so much labor/day, opening coinpurses from either auroria or library will get you gold. Uzi recently managed to get a person to move his farm for 100 gold after being persistent and mailing the person for days, if not even a full week.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm fully gonna do coinpurses. With the labor regen, it's actually VIABLE here. The s/labor ratio may be poor, but when you're basically up to 6k labor after 12 hours anyway (5.7k generated every 12 hours) coinpurses are actually good now. I'm kind of on both sides of the fence in the land debate. It's kind of shitty that people a couple weeks late (myself) are kind of screwed out of land. On the other hand, the early birds earned it, for sure.

The resolution is simple though. Tax scaling. Taxes need to be as costly as they are on live in order to prevent hoarding. That's just the truth. It's unavoidable in a game where housing is not instanced. That's how you prevent land barons.

People's complaints are valid, on both sides of the fence.

Simply put, the only people who don't want land caps are the ones hoarding land and thinking of themselves rather than the long-term health of the server.

I dont hoard land, i have 4 plots. But i don't agree with capping land as eventually i want to have enough money to buy a large area around my initial investments. Some people like to play land over most of the content in the game.

As for tax scaling, that is why archeage is over ran with bots and alts, people used them as tax mules.

I dont hoard land, i have 4 plots. But i don't agree with capping land as eventually i want to have enough money to buy a large area around my initial investments. Some people like to play land over most of the content in the game.

As for tax scaling, that is why archeage is over ran with bots and alts, people used them as tax mules.

I was land baron, about 3 times, on 2 different servers. Space over 100x100 was overkill for me, all i did was farm, and i could not get to anything else.
Land barons here, hold much more, and they are not using it. (Except some few honorable people.)

See, though, the great news is, this dev team is actually sniffing out people with alt accounts and fighting against the bot scourge. Things are being done, for sure.

Those people that are saying there is no more land, are ignorant and lazy. Two days ago I just found a spot for 16x16 farm after searching 3 zones. Not to mention there are tons of demolitions of botters and multi-acc going on this week. People just do not want to search for it and want to get it deliver to them.

Said one time and im gonna say it again

CAN WE PLEASE wait for land on Auroria before go berserker and try to limit land....

You hear that Vulgrr? Looks like you better get to farming coinpurses because you made the mistake of joining ArcheRage a month after the server opened. SO lazy of you!
I would comment on that but why bother... trolls trolls everywhere

upload_2017-11-12_1-56-30.png

Who needs lands?

I didn't even try to get land until a week into the server and found plenty of free land. I have a treehouse, gazebo, and 2 16x16s all connected. I mean it's not like everyone grabbed up land the first day. There's plenty of land opening soon I see demos everywhere. I don't see what the issue is.

Limiting land isn't necessary if players are selling plots too. And even if you held tight to that argument, what would happen that, even with a cap of 5 lands per, would you do when you still run out of land for new players?

The purpose of this game is to make investments. One investment is knowing whether or not buying land from another player is worth it. For a player like myself who simply does not have the time to grind like some dedicated players here, land is a blessing because it allows me to cycle profits into more profits fast. That's helpful.

Back