What's new

New server located in China/SEA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionstone

So with Archeage Asia region shutting down recently, it should be worthy to discuss the idea of adding a SEA/Chinese server, because most likely it seems to me both official and KR are next in line for being shut down, and the issue on both servers are mainly timers for the Chinese players.

Majority of Chinese players are not able to attend Siege/Bosses, random customized events (Mirage races held by admins etc) and what i've seen on both servers is that they are told that timers are only for the current region present.

I could easily say the combination of Chinese players in NA+RU could easily be worthy of another server since they are actually so many, but only bother doing basic stuff as none of the timers are compatible for most of their gameplay. Simply in RU, half of the playerbase is Chinese, and the only time i see them appear is when i attempt to take their cargo, or start killing them in x or y zone. But when it's time to contest the boss, it's around 3 or 4 AM for them. This actually discourages any Chinese who is heavily invested into pvp or contesting, or they are unable to properly contest the boss and most of them actually move on to their own live server because they are not able to achieve end game gear (world boss items, bd weapon etc), and timers are only suiting them there.

Recently i heard someone tell me that the Archeage China region is planning to open a server, why not do it first?
You could open transfers for people who have a Chinese IP, or any means of verification that they are Chinese/in China from NA/RU to this server
The result of this server would be very good, both RU and NA complain about having timers set in other timezones for where they can not show up.

So far i've seen that @Elizabethooo has been a positive influence for NA Chinese players, and has much knowledge about the game itself, a staff member as well. Perhaps an idea would be to create this server with Elizabeth as your advisor or moderator? Either way, i know that there are tons of Chinese that don't have any server with proper timers, and the official Chinese server is massive pay to win on a scale that would even scare the whales

note: i am not Chinese, and i am from Eurasia

Thank you for mentioning me.I don't think I can be an administrator.However, your suggestion is in line with the wishes of the Chinese and most Asian gamers.We tried to get Sparkle to add bosses or other content for Asian players because we couldn't play the full game in the wee hours of the morning.But it's NA.We gave up.Regarding what you said, I did hear some news recently, the new server in Chiniese will open before Chinese New Year,and I am trying to verify whether it is true or not. I heard that there are some Chinese players from NA and RU who help them plan the gameplay of some of the games, the game environment of NA and RU is very good, which is the main reason why we are willing to stay despite the high latency.If all of this is true, it is clear that NA and RU will lose a lot of Chinese players and other Asian players. If its gameplay is the same as NA's, the low latency and more contents are more appealing to Eurasian players than NA or RU.If you can open a new server in Asia, that must be very good news for us.:p

Would this new server only be for Chinese players? Cause I'm Australian (SEA) and I think it'd be great to have a SEA based server. A proper ArcheRage server that doesn't require you to jump through BS hoops just to create an account and login.

There's just one problem though, if all the SEA based gamers leave for a new server, then I think it would kill this server. And that would be heartbreaking, as this server is (in my opinion) the best server of AA available!

Would this new server only be for Chinese players? Cause I'm Australian (SEA) and I think it'd be great to have a SEA based server. A proper ArcheRage server that doesn't require you to jump through BS hoops just to create an account and login.

There's just one problem though, if all the SEA based gamers leave for a new server, then I think it would kill this server. And that would be heartbreaking, as this server is (in my opinion) the best server of AA available!
Hey Tiptoe, the base complaints of many people playing on West NA and RU is simply that the west faction has too many Chinese players, therefore being able to select their own heroes which does not benefit the NA/RU players mostly, as most of them do not show up for fights which would benefit contests using the hero cape. Also many people do not like, or it has a negative influence on them whenever they only see people speaking Chinese, as they can not understand the language. Of course my idea is just a general suggestion, and SEA would include Australians indeed, but i doubt the scale would be as to kill off the server.
As many people will flood into the new west on both servers and actually try to take the place of people who left instead. I remember when many HCIC players simply quit the game, a lot of people said the same thing. But over time, the faction gained at least x6-7 times the amount of players. So i simply think that if a gap is to be created, other groups will see it as a opportunity and move in. So i would say this is worth trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back