What's new

New style of banning: Mimicry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow and I thought I was easy to bait.

Can't believe there is a thread and with that, a complaint about a player that calls others hun, sweetheart or says xoxo.
If you knew what people say to me on an everyday basis.. haha trust me. There are far worse things.

Her ♥XOXO♥ triggers the fuck out of me though, stop doing that.

Shit got baited again.

I took a while to censor this and come up with a solution. However says they have a problem with me being myself I will not change my personality to fit you but if you give me your name I will block you so I never speak to you ever again. Kindly do the same, as this is not a free pass for you to do your normal ridiculing and mimicry to make fun of bully and torture me. I may not see it but others who are watching will see it and will screenshot it as Sparkle will attest to and you will be right back here. So lets agree to block each other. I am not going to submit to this form of bullying and change who I am for you, but I will block you whichmeans I will not help you anymore... sorry =(

♥XOXO♥
Krystal

@Krystal,

No, I do not feel blocking you is appropriate, because the subjects discussed in public chats are valid and decent topics for everyone to participate in and hear. We are simply asking you to stop calling us those names. Can you truly not respect us and our desire to not be called those names when we specifically ask? If not, that's a really unfair, unfriendly, and especially hypocritical mindset. Please consider how you make other people feel when you call them those unwanted names.

Wow and I thought I was easy to bait.

Can't believe there is a thread and with that, a complaint about a player that calls others hun, sweetheart or says xoxo.
If you knew what people say to me on an everyday basis.. haha trust me. There are far worse things.

Her ♥XOXO♥ triggers the fuck out of me though, stop doing that.

Shit got baited again.

The complaint isn't about her doing it. The complaint is that mocking her has earned numerous players 3-day bans, while people go by insulting others with far worse, actually personal insults, and get nothing even close to a slap on the wrist or worse. It's now turning into me asking where the line in the sand is drawn, because I've been called infinitely worse in my time on the server, I've seen others called worse in a public channel while Sjinderson was online talking in that same chat channel and nothing came of it, so why is a 3-day ban for a first time offense deemed fair in such a shallow case?

I mean, all the PN DR's run around with pixel trigger bots, auto casting skills and nothing is being done about it.
I've given up on justice long time ago. Not saying the devs don't care, but apparently they weigh other things more.

I mean, all the PN DR's run around with pixel trigger bots, auto casting skills and nothing is being done about it.
I've given up on justice long time ago. Not saying the devs don't care, but apparently they weigh other things more.

And that's why the thread is being made. It seems the lines in the sand aren't drawn, and if they're making up the rules and the thresholds of punishments as they go along (both for cheaters and chat), I'm hoping this is a wake-up call of sorts that their population is about to get much, much thinner.

I see it as this Yall don't want to hear me and I don't want to change who I am anymore than yall want to but you want me to chance and you do what precisely? Nothing... just keep being your same toxic selves? But that is okay in your eye's because it's yall.. as long as you don't have to do ANYTHING and force everyone else to conform to you it's okay... Block me and move on tell me who you are so I can block you too because if this is how you are I don't really want to talk or help you at ALL. =|

♥XOXO♥
Krystal

Last edited:
That's why the final decision is on us! We don't care who you are, if violation took place, it will be punished accordingly.​

If you are concerned about the chat ban you received and think you didn't do anything wrong and were not going to insult anybody and was simply misunderstood, PM me and explain the situation.​

If you think that some of the words player is using in the daily communication as a part of her speaking style while speaking to you is inappropriate for you, ask player not to use them in communication with you. Player may not understand that words like sweetheart can be insulting for you (really, who'd guess that in reply to sweetheart you can receive a tone of hate speech and aggressive behavior)​

While the player's speech is part of this discussion, another point being made is that the reprimand is disproportionate to the offense. But when they express that, the response is that the admin can apply their policy however they see fit and that they can't believe anyone would consider the behavior offensive. Players do.

Players have opened tickets regarding their chat bans and try to have a conversation about the policy only to be told too bad, the ban will not be reversed. They can't solve the issue in private so they are bringing it to the forums.

It also appears that personal opinions on the issue are contributing to a player's length of ban.

What people want is a universally enforced policy that is clear and fair.

Who are you to say what is and isn't my personality anymore than I say what is or isn't yours?

Using your own words against you: you use them in times of anxiety (your words: "The more anxiety I am in the more I say it sug"). Confrontation conduces anxiety. Yet looking at those screenshots, you know what I see every single time you go on the defensive? You know what I see every time you try to accuse or gaslight someone? Not a single pet name. By your own words and this logic, you should've been calling me MORE pet names, but every time you serious-faced, you used NONE. It's a front. You can't even fake being cute very well because your true nature comes out.

I would like to know how you supposedly know the personality of every southerner in existence... you certainly don't know me clearly. Are you also one who makes fun of people who stutter or slurs? You appear you would be by assuming you know every personality in existence. I've never met you I can say that. You have no right to speak about every personality, or to try to dominate someone to change who they are to fit your needs. I will say it again... block me in game as I have you. I am no more responsible for anyone else who reports as you are responsible for me if I trolled people. I guess you are the self elected personality police? because the fact you are bulling me is making me upset so yes... I know you are what you are a dictating bully. Do not talk to me ever and I will never talk to you then there shouldn't be a problem and stop fighting Adeliees fights for them. he can block me as well as I have blocked him. I will NOT let you bully me into conforming to what you think is appropriate because you have elected yourself the personality police... I don't recall a ballot box being posted for the position.

♥XOXO♥
Krystal

Hi Krystal,

I noticed that you are somewhat new to the server, welcome btw. There are some things that you should take note of which are:
  1. Don't try hard to be so nice to everyone
  2. There's no need to announce ALL your good works in nation/faction chat (mail, whispers and /say chat work just fine)
  3. Sit down
  4. Be humble
Actions speak louder than words... as they always say right?

People have to respond to their whispers first... most don't even know I am whispering them... but they are speaking in nation or faction or trade so that is where I meet them when they fail to reply. Some I get responses that they didn't know how to reply... so I instruct them how. It's fine Flipsy wins and he gets his way I am just done with this server... clarly certain people want this to be a troll haven and they want to force people to change into who they want them to be and nobody is seeing that for what it is.

Hi Krystal,

I noticed that you are somewhat new to the server, welcome btw. There are some things that you should take note of which are:
  1. Don't try hard to be so nice to everyone
  2. There's no need to announce ALL your good works in nation/faction chat (mail, whispers and /say chat work just fine)
  3. Sit down
  4. Be humble
Actions speak louder than words... as they always say right?
I am who I am love... if me being me is something you struggle with that is one thing... I am just being me. I like to talk to people, I don't like the toxic garbage and so I steer clear of it. I like it if people stay and play so I do what I can to help those people. as for #2... What do I do if someone doesn't know how to respond or has whispers on main tabs turned off and music playing instead so they don't hear it? I am not always around them or near a mailbox... and the typical response of get good and get rekt does not help. Flipsy wants to not only force me to behave his way but also I am to be held responsible for when ANYONE records them teasing and bullying because he can't control himself nor can his friends...

People have to respond to their whispers first... most don't even know I am whispering them... but they are speaking in nation or faction or trade so that is where I meet them when they fail to reply. Some I get responses that they didn't know how to reply... so I instruct them how. It's fine Flipsy wins and he gets his way I am just done with this server... clarly certain people want this to be a troll haven and they want to force people to change into who they want them to be and nobody is seeing that for what it is.

That's not "my way". I asked you to simply stop calling pet names. Hell, ask people if they mind being called a pet name first if you really want to go on with this chat quirk of yours. But assuming we all WANT this type of chat (and then continuing to do it even when told we don't want to hear it) is harassment, plain and simple. It is no better than the people being toxic to each other in faction/nation chat. And I also want to know what is conducive of being bannable in this regard. 4/5 of the examples Sparkle stated were from one person not in my guild. 3 people in my guild were banned for different things that weren't considered vulgar, and the rules are generic enough to where somehow YOU are protected from being banned for verbally harassing other players (let's be clear, that's what this is) but if people make fun of it they get harsher punishments than those being toxic in public chat channels AND getting reported for it.

I am who I am love... if me being me is something you struggle with that is one thing... I am just being me. I like to talk to people, I don't like the toxic garbage and so I steer clear of it. I like it if people stay and play so I do what I can to help those people. as for #2... What do I do if someone doesn't know how to respond or has whispers on main tabs turned off and music playing instead so they don't hear it? I am not always around them or near a mailbox... and the typical response of get good and get rekt does not help. Flipsy wants to not only force me to behave his way but also I am to be held responsible for when ANYONE records them teasing and bullying because he can't control himself nor can his friends...

See, here's what I find funny. In the first quote, you are defensive and say nothing. In your second quote, you use pet names to someone being nice to you. By your own logic, this isn't how you yourself should be behaving. That being said, I don't want to force you to behave my way, so stop putting words in my mouth like you seem to enjoy doing when you try to play the victim to everyone you PM. You ARE to be held responsible because, well...read the PM conversation we had. I asked you THREE TIMES to stop calling me pet names. Why? Because we are not friends, you are not trying to fuck me, and you are not an energy-succubus from the X-Men comics, so in my mind you are using pet names to degrade or insult me. I am not the only one who feels this way, seeing as this thread has only drawn support AGAINST you and not FOR you all by people who have asked you to stop using pet names on them. I can control myself because I have not been banned. Only 2 guild members of mine have been hit for mimicking you in some regard, and I've heard of a handful of others in other guilds who didn't deserve a 3-day ban for something that is 1/10th as painful as someone being called the N-word who should hang themselves for half an hour straight that only got a 12 hour chat ban. I'm asking for a line to be drawn and I'm asking for punishments to make sense.

You are harassing, there is no doubt about it. At no point here, in our PMs or in this thread, are you actually accepting responsibility or fault for your behavior. If you were truly this nice and sweet and non-toxic, you would apologize and say you won't do it again to those who ask, BUT YOU DIDN'T. You are trying to play the victim to get a sympathy card because you want this roleplay of yours to continue into the video game world and are subjecting people to YOUR fantasy and demanding people bow to YOUR will, then try to say that I'm trying to force you into MY will when my simple request is "people are asking you to stop calling them by pet names, you should LISTEN".

Last edited:
That's not "my way". I asked you to simply stop calling pet names. Hell, ask people if they mind being called a pet name first if you really want to go on with this chat quirk of yours. But assuming we all WANT this type of chat (and then continuing to do it even when told we don't want to hear it) is harassment, plain and simple. It is no better than the people being toxic to each other in faction/nation chat. And I also want to know what is conducive of being bannable in this regard. 4/5 of the examples Sparkle stated were from one person not in my guild. 3 people in my guild were banned for different things that weren't considered vulgar, and the rules are generic enough to where somehow YOU are protected from being banned for verbally harassing other players (let's be clear, that's what this is) but if people make fun of it they get harsher punishments than those being toxic in public chat channels AND getting reported for it.
Did I ever mock you? Did I ever threaten you? Did you?

No offense, but rather just one person than a big part of the server pop. and you called him pet names again while he asked you not to. and you ignored my question.. ?

She's also ignoring my direct question as well.

@KrystalM can you please respond to the question bolded below.

@Krystal,

No, I do not feel blocking you is appropriate, because the subjects discussed in public chats are valid and decent topics for everyone to participate in and hear. We are simply asking you to stop calling us those names. Can you truly not respect us and our desire to not be called those names when we specifically ask? If not, that's a really unfair, unfriendly, and especially hypocritical mindset. Please consider how you make other people feel when you call them those unwanted names.

Block me... simple and tell me your name and I will block you then we both get what we want. I get to remain myself and you get to not hear me anymore.

We are asking you a question. Now my guess is you don't have a valid response to it as to why it's okay to ignore someone's wishes when they set their boundaries. Don't worry, I blocked you already within your first week on the server, was just curious as to why you ignore people's boundaries. Guess just because you can!

Have a nice life, if possible anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back