What's new

p2w rng boxes?

So esentially someone could literally pay real money for all the archeum they want to make their gear
At a rate which free players will completely outplay them. You would have to spend so much money to get such an insane advantage in the first place, to the point that it would be a very small minority that would even consider it.

Maybe when the credits hit a point where free players can't easily make money to cycle their profits into more profits, it can be argued p2w, but not at this point.

is this confirm that the staff dont wana provide us regrade scrolls in the rng boxes? or its still planned in the future after these halloween boxes?
How is the admins not talking about something confirmation of anything?

you got it man. i prefer the server to be like BDO it's not pay 2 win but pay 2 convenience
But this is pay for convenience as well? You can buy everything from the shop with gold, you just get it faster by swiping.
Same shit with BDO, you can pay for things or you can buy them from other players.

There's nothing in this game that you could get with money and not with gold, it's not pay 2 win but pay 2 progress faster, or otherwise known as pay for convenience.
Yes you could argue too much pay 2 progress faster = pay 2 win, but you're not required to.

Because i'm not behind people on trion server by 3-4k gs if i started new there? lol personally i dont care about p2w stuff, getting a job isn't a problem. Everyone on this server is starting fresh and if you fall behind on gear thats on you
theres trions freash start servers like ever 3 months, official ones, go ahead, think something better than "im behind"

But this is pay for convenience as well? You can buy everything from the shop with gold, you just get it faster by swiping.
Same shit with BDO, you can pay for things or you can buy them from other players.

There's nothing in this game that you could get with money and not with gold, it's not pay 2 win but pay 2 progress faster, or otherwise known as pay for convenience.
Yes you could argue too much pay 2 progress faster = pay 2 win, but you're not required to.

Have you played BDO ? just wondering.

Have you played BDO ? just wondering.
Yes I have, for a while. Stopped couple of months ago.
I'm assuming your point is you can't just cash and sell as many items as you want until you're satisfied with your silver, which yes, it's way better than what AA does, but let's do some quick maths.

100 USD = 25000 Credits
25000 Credits = 11 2k Packs + 1 1k Pack + 8 100 Packs
2k Credits = 230g~ Before donations went down
1k Credits = 115g~ Before donations went down
100 Credits = 10g~ Before donations went down
11 2k Packs + 1 1k Pack + 8 100 Packs = 2725g~

Yes, looks like a lot and "only" for 100$.
But keep in mind I made 1k~ gold in 4.3 hours total if I count just the traveling time from X to Y for trade runs.
(With the Farm Hauler, would go way faster if I had a freighter)

4.3 Hours = 260~ minutes give or take
1k~ Gold = 260 minutes (4.3h)
2725~ Gold = 708 minutes (12h~)

It ends up being a personal decision really, do you think the 100$ are worth to skip what you could get in 12 hours?
Also keep in mind this is only a decent way to make money, they're normal packs from a basic location to another.
You could definitely find way more profitable ways to make money if you so wished to.
Yes, a wealthy person that doesn't value their money can just cash and get ahead of everyone if they so wished to, but personally I don't really care because the average player you meet in wPvP will just be exactly that, the average player.
Apologies if that wasn't your point, but asking redundant questions isn't exactly a good way to argue. (Sorry if I fucked up the quick maths, rather sleepy.)
Sorry for the rant-ish.

Yes I have, for a while. Stopped couple of months ago.
I'm assuming your point is you can't just cash and sell as many items as you want until you're satisfied with your silver, which yes, it's way better than what AA does, but let's do some quick maths.

100 USD = 25000 Credits
25000 Credits = 11 2k Packs + 1 1k Pack + 8 100 Packs
2k Credits = 230g~ Before donations went down
1k Credits = 115g~ Before donations went down
100 Credits = 10g~ Before donations went down
11 2k Packs + 1 1k Pack + 8 100 Packs = 2725g~

Yes, looks like a lot and "only" for 100$.
But keep in mind I made 1k~ gold in 4.3 hours total if I count just the traveling time from X to Y for trade runs.
(With the Farm Hauler, would go way faster if I had a freighter)

4.3 Hours = 260~ minutes give or take
1k~ Gold = 260 minutes (4.3h)
2725~ Gold = 708 minutes (12h~)

It ends up being a personal decision really, do you think the 100$ are worth to skip what you could get in 12 hours?
Also keep in mind this is only a decent way to make money, they're normal packs from a basic location to another.
You could definitely find way more profitable ways to make money if you so wished to.
Yes, a wealthy person that doesn't value their money can just cash and get ahead of everyone if they so wished to, but personally I don't really care because the average player you meet in wPvP will just be exactly that, the average player.
Apologies if that wasn't your point, but asking redundant questions isn't exactly a good way to argue. (Sorry if I fucked up the quick maths, rather sleepy.)
Sorry for the rant-ish.

Well my point was you can't really compare the two, both have completely different systems. I really want to debate your points but honestly i can't be bothered haha too much to type up. I appreciate the response though.

Back