What's new

Plate Armor: Make Plate Armor Great Again (or else What's even the point now?)

Rampyke

Be Warned! Prepare for a rather lengthy rant. I love plate armor. A staple protective gear in most medieval fantasy settings. In the real world it was the pinnacle of evolution in protecting a person from harm. Able to whithstand stab and slash and even mitigate some blunt force trauma. It's historic development from the mid to late medieval eras until it's inevitable decline with the advent of modern firearms, it's still a freaking great concept. But now here in this game, it's reduced into a joke, something clueless noobs would mistakenly use thinking how freaking awesome it would be. Till to their horror, as they delv into the forums and in-game convos, discovers that their favourite armor type is a sht magnet, where they can be 1 shot by a mundane magic attack. I mean really, what's the point of this thing even doing here? When one gets a handicap for using it? It's just wasting space. It kinda ruins the experience for novice and experienced players moving to play this game, I mean come on! King Arthur never wore Leather or cloth armor. Who has even heard of a Templar or Paladin run into bettle in "leather" SO Please to the gods of ARCHERAGE Make Plate Armor Great Again!

Back