What's new

Player Nations are killing this server.

Right, I forgot that you'll stop at nothing to ensure your elite crew remains separated from the common rabble by any means necessary. Who cares about having a server to play on anyway, right?
I think you are misunderstanding, 90% of my players are native east players. I think we have maybe 10 west players that will eventually be east aswell, and then all of the PN2 players that are even half decent come from east aswell. You seem quick to assume and insult I'm sorry this isn't a server safe for snowflakes.

I think you are misunderstanding, 90% of my players are native east players. I think we have maybe 10 west players that will eventually be east aswell, and then all of the PN2 players that are even half decent come from east aswell. You seem quick to assume and insult I'm sorry this isn't a server safe for snowflakes.

If you choose to be insulted, that's on you. I'm simply stating observational facts. Don't try and twist this into looking like a personal attack thread to get it closed because you want to hide from the fact that the server has been declining since Player Nations were established.

Sure, there might be imbalance at some of the events. However, all of the events will have more attendance which means new players will be more inclined to play here. As much as you hate playing with "sub-40 IQ players" as you seem to like calling them, the server depends on helping them to keep it alive. If there continues to be more people quitting than joining, this server will die and so will your player nation.

I definitely think player nations are bad for server health, mostly because of not a dense population.
Vanilla factions give a representation to new players if the server is alive and worth playing on or not.
So I'm sure we lose a lot of people to it.
But disbanding PNs is no solution. PN2 is basically a majority of players that only returned because of pvp. If you take PN from them, they're all leaving again.
And with that, PN1s group will decline again to lack of excitement in daily gameplay, too.

Some things on this server are just cucked forever and at the point of no-return. Like PN1 and their sea superiority with the amount of Enoans they have by now.
We all just gotta live with it tbh.

As much as you hate playing with "sub-40 IQ players" as you seem to like calling them, the server depends on helping them to keep it alive.
I think you didn't read my post correctly.
I hate to burst the current bubble, but as its been mentioned previously even with the removal of player nations almost all the geared players with an IQ above 40 would be placed back into east and the east would dominate the server along with every event.
I never stated I have a problem playing with bad players, I was just saying the large bulk of geared good players would be placed back into east. Having played this server for 2 years the west would just give up as they have currently and nothing would seemingly change.

hello pleaso removeo pn (player nation) and east and west faction and pirate too faction btw also delte the enoan gallyeon design because haha yeah levi died and dropped it i think thats a bug

btw i love archerage

The problem isn't PN's it is the server population. I dont think having like minded people wanting to group is a bad thing. Taking that option away is not good either. So those of us west feel this now due to PN2 recruiting some of our best/highly geared players. The problem lies that people remaining on west want content. Well this thread for one wont help change anything. West players have a few options that differ on play style, gear, and ego. #1 Do nothing at all. Stay in your micro guild or be the leader of a dead guild, Do whatever you want but you will be limited to low to mid level content. Getting carried through a serp or Mistsong hard mode not an option anymore. #2 Apply for PN1 or PN2 . Now gear, skill, knowlege will be required but most PN's will assist players looking to get better (not carried) Using voice chat is required for most things. Problem here for a lot of people is not following directions and not using voice chat. The appeal to joining like minded groups is coordination and teamwork which make the game more enjoyable. #3 West Guilds recruit as many ppl as they can or combine/work together. Help new players gear, practice pvp small and large scale(teach tactics not zerg) . But tbf the problem with the third option is that is hard to do but it is what Player Nations are doing. So if you want to have more success i suggest trying option #2 or #3 . I do understand west players frustration but stop waiting for someone to make a change to the game and change it yourself! Follow PN frame work because it works, that is why like minded pvpers/high end content people do it. If the complaint is GS gap plenty have the starter pack that when gemmed makes you easily 7k+ and have players with low GS spec CC's i.e. TK ,Banshee wail, bubble. A 3k can still CC which is huge in RvR if done right. I agree that low server pop has impacted west but PN's are not to blame. West just needs to get off their bums and DO WORK not threads.... See you in game west lets see what happens

Last edited:
Pn1 doesnt even have 50 actives , doubt pn2 does either. Removing alliance would just make it so that East and West never get anything.

Pn2 should just send out an alliance with west. They recruited all of the geared/active West ppl anyway. May as well just help out the less geared ppl.
The problem there is building an Embassy costs a lot of gold so that an alliance would be possible. A lot of PN2 are probably shelling out gold atm so if West Guilds donated to this cost to build it would speed things up. If you want an alliance then offer to help build that Embassy to ease the cost, I doubt people will donate to help build this even though this could be a 4th option but why pay for an alliance out of pocket if you dont even know if your "Ally" will come to your Aide for PvP beyond CR, GR, Lusca, Aegis,MM, and Whalesong. All easily pug-able events. Will the West allies come to assist PN2 if they need bodies? Alliances work both ways

I think you didn't read my post correctly.

I never stated I have a problem playing with bad players, I was just saying the large bulk of geared good players would be placed back into east. Having played this server for 2 years the west would just give up as they have currently and nothing would seemingly change.

Again, I understood your post. I think the problem here is that your definition of 'events' seems to refer only to east vs west content. Events are more than that. CR, GR, Aegis, Whalesong are all events, but they have PvP as an option. All of these are affected by the lack of players on main factions. I understand that the PvP-focused events will remain largely the same and East will continue to dominate them. Still, all of the West players would end up back with West which would still make the West slightly stronger than it was. This would mean more West at all events which means they're automatically stronger. So, saying that removing PNs will do nothing is just wrong.

The whole point is to get more players to the main nations so we can work together to rebuild population of either side. This server has too small of a population to support Player Nations since so many people have left.

I've already indicated elsewhere the reasons that I have such a strong dislike for open world pvp. It seems that the hate for pn has to do with how most of the high gear score and pvp active players have accumulated there, and "ruin" events by actually doing pvp in events that allow it.

The real problem isn't PN, it's the open world pvp.

Sure lets remove PN's great idea.

Ok but for real, its 2 years to leate for it. As well If u want pn2 lose even harder than now thats what should be done.
Pn2 "reformed" and in the process doomed west and make them lose all their castles by taking more geared ppl. Just ask PN2 to build embassy and make aliance from they already destroyed west, meaby they do at least that to compensate what they done.

I've already indicated elsewhere the reasons that I have such a strong dislike for open world pvp. It seems that the hate for pn has to do with how most of the high gear score and pvp active players have accumulated there, and "ruin" events by actually doing pvp in events that allow it.

The real problem isn't PN, it's the open world pvp.
Well the Archeage foundation is sand box open world PvP. It is the entire basis of the the game and what drives it. There are plenty of MMO's that dont have open world PvP maybe you should try them?Why play AA if you dislike open world PvP so much?I mean if i only like to eat good healthy food why would i hang out in a fast food restaurant that serves junk and then complain about the menu? AA is open world PvP and always will be

Sure lets remove PN's great idea.

Ok but for real, its 2 years to leate for it. As well If u want pn2 lose even harder than now thats what should be done.
Pn2 "reformed" and in the process doomed west and make them lose all their castles by taking more geared ppl. Just ask PN2 to build embassy and make aliance from they already destroyed west, meaby they do at least that to compensate what they done.
According to Flipsy west has tried to help build or fund an embassy but there is no room for one on the castle land apparently. Furthermore an alliance imo would do very little to help west at this time. Those of us that are west need to remember this same thing happened to East for several months last year with PN1 pre-alliance. west dominated events yet i dont remember any east players making a thread about it. east just kept showing up and doing what they could. If we start to mico manage game options like this as "problems"where is the sand box feel? I mean should some one post a thread "China killing pack %" they run too many packs can someone limit how many firghters they can use daily because i cant make good profit. That was a joke, idc about pack % but the point about a sand box theme game is that it governs itself by players. The more you involve the Dev's beyond broken game mechanics, exploits, bugs, ect... makes the game less player driven in a sand box game imo. The root cause of our problems is low server pop Player Nations are not the problem. I think "Forcing" people not to play with who they want or where they want is a bad thing. Especially to suit other peoples wants/needs. Removing options for players in a game like this is a bad idea imo. I am not "Pro Player nation" i am west but i dont want to force people to change the way they want to play to make my game easier/more fun and that is my stance on this topic.

I said from the start we should have never put PN into the game, because it causes more unbalance within the game. But it happened and now we suffer from its slow poisoning. Yes population is down, but PN's had a hand in that when raids couldnt do gr, cr etc on the west side without being destroyed whenever PN showed up. It becomes unfun and not worth even going anymore at that point and makes people find a game to play thats actually fun.

Balance aside, I really feel like the release of Hiram gear will probably be the last chance this server has to make it. I just want new players who stop by to witness an active server so they're inclined to stay. If it remains this dead, it'll take a mass exodus of AAU players to repopulate. If PNs remain as is, I hope that a bunch of people who left for AAU return because I doubt an influx of new players will be large enough to rebuild populations enough to keep new players here.

According to Flipsy west has tried to help build or fund an embassy but there is no room for one on the castle land apparently. Furthermore an alliance imo would do very little to help west at this time. Those of us that are west need to remember this same thing happened to East for several months last year with PN1 pre-alliance. west dominated events yet i dont remember any east players making a thread about it. east just kept showing up and doing what they could. If we start to mico manage game options like this as "problems"where is the sand box feel? I mean should some one post a thread "China killing pack %" they run too many packs can someone limit how many firghters they can use daily because i cant make good profit. That was a joke, idc about pack % but the point about a sand box theme game is that it governs itself by players. The more you involve the Dev's beyond broken game mechanics, exploits, bugs, ect... makes the game less player driven in a sand box game imo. The root cause of our problems is low server pop Player Nations are not the problem. I think "Forcing" people not to play with who they want or where they want is a bad thing. Especially to suit other peoples wants/needs. Removing options for players in a game like this is a bad idea imo. I am not "Pro Player nation" i am west but i dont want to force people to change the way they want to play to make my game easier/more fun and that is my stance on this topic.

Damn didnt know that there are castle zones that are so small that they cant hold embassy

Back