What's new

Please remove or edit the custom ping change , figure out a better solution to desync

svntrw

For a long time people (mostly melees) have been at the server's mercy regarding if a skill lands or gets sucked into the void, never to be seen on the damage log, wasting entire chains.

If that wasnt enough, being an NA player on an NA servers feels redundant as people connecting from farther places get the benefit of desync,
EVADING SKILLS FROM BEHIND
ccing before their animations properly play, using the same skills outside skill range yet dodging the same skills from point blank or throwing skills at insane speeds out of nowhere

Even if these things arent directly relevant, the least that could be done is revert the custom ping change so that skills are relevant to what was originally designed.

This change supposedly doesnt even exist on the RU/EU so why should it exist here
I propose a trial run, remove this change for a couple weeks and see player feedback, if there's more satisfaction than complaints or no comment at all we should be able to keep it removed permanently.

I propose a trial run, remove this change for a couple weeks and see player feedback, if there's more satisfaction than complaints or no comment at all we should be able to keep it removed permanently.
+ to this.

some folks that don't play other servers may not realize how the combat in this one feels in comparison, so they may not understand what they are missing, but there is noticably more dync here esp. for low ping individuals

Our ping changes don’t affect work of skills. The only affect it has is allowing client to send server request for skill use before client gets respond from the server about the successful completion of previous skill.

So, all checks regarding the distance between targets or possibility of completion of this or that skill still complete by the server and they will not work if conditions are not met.​

Our ping changes don’t affect work of skills. The only affect it has is allowing client to send server request for skill use before client gets respond from the server about the successful completion of previous skill.

So, all checks regarding the distance between targets or possibility of completion of this or that skill still complete by the server and they will not work if conditions are not met.​
Despite what you say I think people would like to be without this change at all, where is the harm in removing it for some time to see if people feel any difference? If people are indifferent to it being removed than it was an unnecessary change in the first place and shouldn't be reapplied after that time.

So why is it that people on higher ping can consistently use skills out of others own skillrange while on the same character specs, you can see in one of the clips provided that a player is consistently using tripleslash while its greyed out for myself, why are people able to use certain aoe ccs out of the required range,

For example why are people on higher ping consistently able to use throw hammer and still hit people that aren't slowed, staggered, snared and under are also under the effect movement buffs?
How come those same skills used by lower ping players just whiff at 0-4m distance or if a player isint %100 dead stopped for the animation to reach them, you fan see on my clip I'm stunned before hammer toss even reaches my character yet hammer toss manages to whiff from about 3m

I could spam a movement any direction, bondbreaker/dropback practically instantly after being snared and still get a stun debuff while dropback is playing.

Doing anything such as charge>hammer from my end is literally invalid as theres a clear hard delay between those skills and when done, hammer just doesn't register on the damage log if my target moves even a centimeter from where they were snared if they haven't already slid 9m away while under the snare debuff

ive actively tested this with players on higher ping and they're able to chain the two skills together to the point both animations charge and hammer toss play at the same time as if theres no hard delay between the two, using a 1.1 speed 2h weapon without any attack speed bonuses

If people are getting "target is facing the wrong direction" while staying behind targets and the higher ping target is still using skills while literally facing away how does that make any sense,skill priority and player position should be based on players with faster and stable server response time

People have been asking this change to be removed for a very long time, there's clearly a difference we're noticing since it was implemented, if it's related to server location then how hard is it to have it hosted somewhere actually relevant inbetween the player populations locations so there isint so much contrast

I can also attest to this. it feels extremely similar to a program tera players used called skill prediction. and it used a proxy to emulate skills before they even happened, which in turn ruined pvp and made a lot of it extremely desync. I agree with the above, you should try a week or so of it on then off. and actually get the feedback of the players. or even get a small team to QA test it for you.

I can also attest to this. it feels extremely similar to a program tera players used called skill prediction. and it used a proxy to emulate skills before they even happened, which in turn ruined pvp and made a lot of it extremely desync. I agree with the above, you should try a week or so of it on then off. and actually get the feedback of the players. or even get a small team to QA test it for you.
also did want to add onto this. I also sent in video evidence before on this and I did not get back to you due to other events, but svntrw did post some compelling evidence alongside what I shared in our discord conversation over it. It would be best to do some further testing on the live server and maybe your guys test server if you have one. The parameters are easily replicable.

I have a suspicion there may be a misunderstanding here, what players are interpreting as a "ping change" may be a change in the server location, where it is being hosted, if a load balancer is being used (would make sense since my friends are claiming different pings and that the server has multiple locations based on their investigations). This issue may be related to something other than your skill-que/ping system sparkle.

Whatever the issue is a full detailed explanation would be much appreciated, not some half ass "this is because of X, end of statement" For any staff watching I do hope this is taken seriously and something comes of this

I have a suspicion there may be a misunderstanding here, what players are interpreting as a "ping change" may be a change in the server location, where it is being hosted, if a load balancer is being used (would make sense since my friends are claiming different pings and that the server has multiple locations based on their investigations). This issue may be related to something other than your skill-que/ping system sparkle.
The server has only ever changed once. And there are "ping changes" Sparkle even replied above explaining them

The server has only ever changed once. And there are "ping changes" Sparkle even replied above explaining them
ok yes it did change, but what system is in place that is causing such desync issues. my average ping is 30-50 and there shouldnt be as many issues with desync like this unless its due to whatever system is being used in place. I understand its meant for players with higher ping, but its actively causing a major portion of the game "PVP" to be affected in a extremely negative manner.

https://streamable.com/cagt53 ??? the skill tripleslash is literally greyed out for me and not flashing either, just straight not in range yet they are using tlash multiple times

This is not a rare thing ppl can literally tigerstrike lower ping players without even facing towards them, look at 1:25 in this video

as he posted above. he's able to recreate the issue multiple times. It might be worth to check and see how it handles between both having and not having the change to the system.

yeah nah this game has always had desync with high ping players the only way to fix it would to ban anyone over 50ping.
removing it would just be a placebo

yeah nah this game has always had desync with high ping players the only way to fix it would to ban anyone over 50ping.
removing it would just be a placebo
i get where you're coming from. but even from high to low ping. theres extreme cases that happen all to often and compared to the live service. it plays completely different

nah just less high ping players on live, if you played back in 2014 you would remember the huge levels of desync but if they want to remove it and turn the server back into an NA one they should change the timers back as well. match the mind set

Back