What's new

Please stop this ...... (loading screen updates)

cubansyrus

For the love of all things holy ......... Stop disconnecting us and tying the loading screens to client updates.

Why the F are we being disconnected to update the launch for loading screens ??????? I literally can't name a person i know who even cares whats on them. It's inconvenient ......... and a pain in the arse.

STOP IT !!!!!!!

I agree. It takes longer to get ready to download DAILY than it does to actually DL the loading screen update. If they were tied to literally anything else it wouldnt matter... but it sucks to made such an inconvenient update that doesnt fix anything, IMO wasting the time that could be spent making the server better.

Updates are always good. dont complain them.
An update to add a loading screen ??????? Wanna point me to the gameplay benefit of this ?

Who in the world looks at them ..... Loading screens are for making coffee, lighting a cigar, pulling a bong or rolling a joint. No one cares about them.

But to kick me from the game, for an update to add a screenshot on a load screen is starting to fuck me off ............ 3 freighters lost cause of this crap. Sure im bitter, but i still dont care who made what for what i dont even look at.

For the love of all things holy ......... Stop disconnecting us and tying the loading screens to client updates.

Why the F are we being disconnected to update the launch for loading screens ??????? I literally can't name a person i know who even cares whats on them. It's inconvenient ......... and a pain in the arse.

STOP IT !!!!!!!

It has been suggested for them to be changed weekly as the poll showed ;)
Should be rotated like that from tommorow.

Not even weekly, I honestly think it should be a once a month thing. It's super annoying how long they take to even start to download.

I agree, it's very annoying. And i also think it must use some resources of the server and it's something you can avoid.

Were sorry although I agree it is annoying to get a disconnect, we are just trying to acknowledge all the great work we received for submissions from the contest we held. This will stop when 3.0 hits our server which is coming very soonish.

Guys and Girls!

Loading screen update doesn’t lead to disconnects. Game server isn’t even aware of the update as this update is on the client side.

Never happened to me BTW, check your internet LOL.

I'm on South America and even tho we have the shittier Internet connections I still never had DC playing on ArcheRage, sure if I close the game and open it again the update comes but it never dc me

Also happened to me!.. I got disconnected then voila!.. new update. new loading screens.

Hello

Let us clarify something. :)

There are maintenance downtimes and updates.And there are client updates which do not require downtime.
After daily reset happens, the system "marks" client version as new, so that the next time you double click game launcher it can update file containing the loading screen background.
So basically, if you do not exit the game for several days, you will still have the same background from few days back, but the first time you start it again, launcher will update it and only than it changes.

There are disconnects sometimes either related to your network, ISP, or simply based on your distance from the server, but it has no relation to this.It is unfortunate though when you get disconnect while doing trade runs but nothing we can do about it at this point as it is not on our side.

The updates won't disconnect anyone but it's annoying to update daily, my boyfriend also got issues with the patcher after a while and it is really unnecessary to have to update daily.

The update is literally like 30 seconds. Yall need to chill

30 seconds if in combat, on a merch ship, in a raid at a world boss or on a freighter is a very long time. Considering the game also has to load up and enter into the world on top of that. Any update for something as little as a loading screen, which im sure the majority of people don't care about what it looks like. Is annoying.

My problem isn't the 30 seconds but the issues that occurred with the patcher due to the update after every time.

Hello

Once current rotation ends ,it will start to be weekly change.
There should be no issues with patcher no matter how many updates it makes as if you or someone you know is indeed having issues related to this he might have when it is related to important game updates which could be a problem.

Related to him having issues with the launcher some of these solutions might help:

I
Please try using "Repair" Option

If that fails use this file: "client.version"
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fekqg888d24vxcx/client.version
https://mega.nz/#!NshTBaqC!Hykm3M6TFRIuSlj6pLwYm-bFhL-VrIQAp5tJe6Ul7gE

Place it in the base folder. The folder with all the other files such as.. game_pak, Launcher.exe
In the installation folder, it will replace/overwrite the current version and force an update.
After replacing the file, restart your computer and try than.

II
Please try to delete all content of Documents folder.

Where Archeage documents are, NOT installation.

On my computer it is located on >>> Local Disc C: / Archeage or Archeage0 or Archeage1 / Documents

Delete all files in the "Documents", restart your computer, and than try again.

You can also try closing and starting the launcher several times, and turning on launcher as Administrator.

If that also does not work, please send a ticket.

30 seconds if in combat, on a merch ship, in a raid at a world boss or on a freighter is a very long time. Considering the game also has to load up and enter into the world on top of that. Any update for something as little as a loading screen, which im sure the majority of people don't care about what it looks like. Is annoying.
Blah blah blah, relax it. They will change it to weekly.

Staff already told you that the update doesn't disconnect you. That if you disconnected, its another issue, and if you are downloading an update when trying to reconnect, that's simply normal for someone who has been connected a long time. The disconnect issue is something else entirely.

Back