What's new

[Poll] Increase Infamy: Yes/No/Maybe

Do we need to increase Infamy Points player can get for assault and killing?

• No

Votes: 139 46.3%
  • Yes, x2

Votes: 88 29.3%
  • Yes, x3

Votes: 52 17.3%
  • Yes, x4

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Yes, x5

Votes: 89 29.7%

• Total voters
It's a 'crime' ingame as a reason. You shouldn't have free farm on your own faction at turn-ins with little to no penalties. Maybe they'll actually have to go kill reds if infamy increased. What a concept.

It's a 'crime' ingame as a reason. You shouldn't have free farm on your own faction at turn-ins with little to no penalties. Maybe they'll actually have to go kill reds if infamy increased. What a concept.
People get punished. They go to jail and the infamy doesnt go away (unless you pay for it, and it should be more expensive).

I really hope they implement the x5 infamy and then you go to jail trying to get your stolen packs back. Then you will see how a genious idea this is. :D

You act like all green pirates do is kill other greens. That isn't the case at all. They kill reds, pirates, and PN too.
If you like carebearing, do it in safe zones. No need for infamy to change because you can't defend yourself in a PVP zone.

There should be punishment for heroes that purple. If you are a hero, you should lose 50 honor for every assault, 100 for every murder. If you kill say 5 or more folks, then you start to lose leadership or even your hero status.

As much as I love Choi, I disagree. With infamy points that high in a single battle you will always get enough to go to jail, which means that your packs will be LESS safe than before. People can steal them, then go green and you are SOL. Maybe increase the price of draughts, but not infamy points. It's wrong to expect to take packs into unsafe areas and expect not to fight over them.

The current infamy system is fine as is. The game was designed with the bloodlust mechanics and the consequences built in. You can piss and moan as much as you want about that, but it doesn't change the fact that the game was 1) created as a pvp game and 2) every change that came about in ArcheAge during its life was focused on making it more pvp-centric.

You take away the pvp in this game (or make it ridiculously difficult to pvp), you take away all of the end-game joy from a lot of people. Because the end-game joy in this game is not jerking off in a pve dungeon or standing around Marianople like a lot of you do. Without pvp, the pvp players leave. Without pvp players, it's Farm Cart Driving Simulator 3000. No one will be left to buy your potatoes because everyone who is left has no problem farming their own potatoes.

You want to kill the game? Keep making it harder for pvp players to have fun.

Admins, you want no more money? Keep making changes that make pvp players leave.

The only people who have an opinion in pvp matters are pvp players. Carebear potato farmers just want an easy peezy time of driving fun sailboats and getting everything for free. But when nobody will buy charcoal at any price because it's oversaturated in the market and no pvpers are left, what are you going to do then?

The ocean is for pvp players. If you're not one, stop going out in the ocean and getting all your shit took. As a great man once told me, "If you don't want to catch some dick, don't be where a big one is swinging."

The current infamy system is fine as is. The game was designed with the bloodlust mechanics and the consequences built in. You can piss and moan as much as you want about that, but it doesn't change the fact that the game was 1) created as a pvp game and 2) every change that came about in ArcheAge during its life was focused on making it more pvp-centric.

You take away the pvp in this game (or make it ridiculously difficult to pvp), you take away all of the end-game joy from a lot of people. Because the end-game joy in this game is not jerking off in a pve dungeon or standing around Marianople like a lot of you do. Without pvp, the pvp players leave. Without pvp players, it's Farm Cart Driving Simulator 3000. No one will be left to buy your potatoes because everyone who is left has no problem farming their own potatoes.

You want to kill the game? Keep making it harder for pvp players to have fun.

Admins, you want no more money? Keep making changes that make pvp players leave.

The only people who have an opinion in pvp matters are pvp players. Carebear potato farmers just want an easy peezy time of driving fun sailboats and getting everything for free. But when nobody will buy charcoal at any price because it's oversaturated in the market and no pvpers are left, what are you going to do then?

The ocean is for pvp players. If you're not one, stop going out in the ocean and getting all your shit took. As a great man once told me, "If you don't want to catch some dick, don't be where a big one is swinging."

Current Infamy System is not fine stop say it is. Current infamy system dosent basicly exist.

I vote x5, only cuz i think curret system is just not working.
What i mean, by system is not working is that Drought of forgiveness are making it miningless cuz we can spam them to remove infamy and we just dont care what we are doing right ? We should take consequences of our actions and i would like to see that happen in some way. Removing or putting draughts on 12h CD would help is better idea than increasing Infamy x2 or x5, give ppl time to think what they done and if they want go that way, also dont put ppl instantly to jail or send them to pirate isand after 1 fight.

Yes Archeage is pvp game, but it is also MMO not arena.
You want kill your own faction ? Thats fine but u also have take consequences of what u have done in some way.

Last edited:
There was once a time when there was no Drought of Forgiveness...

But since we do have it now, increase its price by 3x and you will be good.

Purpling on someone is not PvP, why are these people afraid to fight reds? There are few in East that waits until you make a pack to gank.

Green pirating should have high consequences, must spend time in jail. Draught makes it far too easy right now.

Either remove it or make it 10k. Or Give high crime points for assault.

P.S : Add poll to remove draught

Back