What's new

Poll - We Need In-Game GMs

Should we have In-Game GMs?

• Yes - hackers need to be banned swiftly.

Votes: 144 87.3%
  • No - The administration team has been doing fine as is.

Votes: 21 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

smeglmao

We have all seen the blatant no clip and speed hacking going on since the first Abyssal Attack on this server. Since then, it has only gotten more wide spread - happening more frequently and openly. This can be seen whether you are doing logs/water in Auroria or sitting on Freedich.

It's gotten to the point where we need an in game GM to ban cheaters on the spot to deter more people from doing it. We also need the GMs to look into where their exploited/cheated gold is going to and ban those players benefiting from it. It seems the Administration team has their hands full at the moment with the donations issue.

If the current pace of cheating continues, I know a good amount of players will end up quitting by Auroria land grab or immediately after from disappointment. Unfortunately, this is only 1 server and we don't have the option of merging into other servers (yet) if population falls. We all want this server to maintain population and grow. This won't happen if the cheating doesn't stop.

We the community is the GM. if everyone can just take 15sec of their time to stop and post a screenshot or record the suspected hacker, it would make the admins life alot easier.. the more post on that person has of being accused as a hacker, the more likely the admins will ban them faster.

We the community is the GM. if everyone can just take 15sec of their time to stop and post a screenshot or record the suspected hacker, it would make the admins life alot easier.. the more post on that person has of being accused as a hacker, the more likely the admins will ban them faster.

In theory you're right but admins seem to be behind and cheaters are everywhere if you are out in the world playing. I have reported people with video evidence (speed hacking) and nothing has been done in almost 48 hours.

I agree that we should have some kind of in game presence.
Even lazy-ass Trion has had a couple stint where in game GMs have been around.

In saying that, I’ve reported two hackers and both have been banned.
One of which I had no proof, only location, time and name which I assume they went and checked logs, verified my report and banned accordingly.

problem is the fact that hacker items arn't removed we saw this earlier with the moon points which were obv's from bots and was confirmed 2 be but not removed from player's who bought them.

As the server grows there definitely should be in-game moderators, people love to cheat and mess around in general on private servers because of the lack of consequence and lesser anti-cheat measures. Having the big trouble makers dealt with almost immediately would be great.

*cough I did GM for a relatively popular WoW server many years ago. put me in coach *cough

sadly this thread will get spam voted that the admin's are doing fine by the very people who are speedhacking. there are so many of them that are active players that visit these threads. people that have never hacked in any game before are doing it on this server because they dont think theyll get banned and theres a HUGE advantage to doing it, whether you are keeping or selling the gold. i think this administration has done a good job so far, this is just the next thing i believe they need to do.

appoint an in game gm on each faction. yes there is risk of corruption of the in game gm, but there is certainty of continued hacking without them implemented. and if they abuse their power, you can be certain we will take note and communicate it to you.

I agree we need some kind of ingame GM, but of course like others said it is difficult to trust anyone with that much power.

I believe Ironlady and Sparkles have the power to give limited GM power (temporary kick or ban for few hours until they review it). This alone would solve so many issues. We just need any kind of in game presence since hackers aren't being banned at the rate we need.

We should in someway have GMs watching pack turn ins. Was out pirated with the people in my family, and we came across two guilds teleport hacking and speed hacking.

Jenrenegades a nerd. But I was there too its was funny he was killed and flew and dropped right beside the packs we stole from them.

These guys have been openly speed hacking (BR of course) for almost a full week in Auroria and filling at least 4 16x16, 3 gazebos, and a tree house in west diamond shore housing area. They potentially have more land than this. All of it is owned by many players in the family as well as the braziers placed on it by different members of the family. Entire family is complicit and should be banned.

Reported multiple times in the past 3 days and still nothing. How can you say we don't need in game GMs?

Name is Trnktz and Nicodemuz - sorry for potato quality.

53532b704d.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back