What's new

Red hauler upgrade ticket is misleading

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a farm cart, upgraded it to a hauler, then I bought a red hauler upgrade cert and a freighter upgrade cert, I noticed that the hauler cert states it will upgrade freighter to red freighter and it seemed it worked which ever way round you did it. I was wrong, I upgraded to a freighter then red freighter upgrade failed.

I have contacted support who in their wisdom have offered to revoke the 1200 credit freighter upgrade back down to a hauler, but they have told me they will then give me the credits back for the red hauler upgrade not used, what they mean is it will cost me 1200 credits for the red hauler upgrade cert being misleading and not doing what it states. what do you guys think, because I am not buying any more credits until this is sorted.

Why would I buy more credits when anything you buy from the cash shop might not work and their answer is to take it back and keep your credits? link supplied to picture showing the upgrade is available. Unfortunately I cannot post picture as it has been denied.

https://i.imgur.com/g4u8mLR.png

Okay, what you have is a Red "Hauler" Fusion certificate. Not a Red "Freighter" Fusion certificate. If you would've used the Red "Hauler" fusion cert on your regular Hauler - it would've turned it into a red version of the "Hauler". Basically you didn't do the research and assumed something that it was not. I don't see how that's the fault of anyone but yourself.

I hope it get's resolved however and the lessons were learned.

For future references it goes: Cart > Wagon > Hauler > from here it can go straight to freighter or you can use a red "hauler" fusion cert. Depending on which way you decide to go determines what happens next. Either A. Red "Freighter" Fusion certificate or B. "Freighter" upgrade from the red "hauler" to freighter in which case you do not lose the "red" part of it, it just upgrades to a Red "Freighter" - hope this helps.

Looking at it, that's just flavor text. The ticket is named after the haulers, and the action text says haulers. You saw one place where it says what you wanted, got excited to have a freighter, and didn't read it completely. You just bought the wrong one, that's all.

Should there be a single item for all the red upgrades? Yeah, probably. But until then, check your purchases better, because you're lucky they're willing to interfere...

I understand your frustration, I made the same mistake myself. Trion did not always label cash shop items correctly.

Okay, what you have is a Red "Hauler" Fusion certificate. Not a Red "Freighter" Fusion certificate. If you would've used the Red "Hauler" fusion cert on your regular Hauler - it would've turned it into a red version of the "Hauler". Basically you didn't do the research and assumed something that it was not. I don't see how that's the fault of anyone but yourself.

I hope it get's resolved however and the lessons were learned.

For future references it goes: Cart > Wagon > Hauler > from here it can go straight to freighter or you can use a red "hauler" fusion cert. Depending on which way you decide to go determines what happens next. Either A. Red "Freighter" Fusion certificate or B. "Freighter" upgrade from the red "hauler" to freighter in which case you do not lose the "red" part of it, it just upgrades to a Red "Freighter" - hope this helps.
Basically what you are saying is they can write anything on a ticket but unless the title says freighter to red freighter it will not work even though in discription it states it will work, check the photo dude it clearly shows it upgrades freighter to red freighter. They are not willing to put things back at all, all they have offered is to take the red hauler fusion cert back and give mem credits for that and revert my freighter to a hauler but not give me the cert back for that.

Looking at it, that's just flavor text. The ticket is named after the haulers, and the action text says haulers. You saw one place where it says what you wanted, got excited to have a freighter, and didn't read it completely. You just bought the wrong one, that's all.

Should there be a single item for all the red upgrades? Yeah, probably. But until then, check your purchases better, because you're lucky they're willing to interfere...
How is it flavoured txt? The cert states on it everything it upgrades, one of those items is a freighter -red freighter, if it does not do that they should simply revert the process giving customer either certs back or credit refund equivalent to what customer spent. they are offering me to delete 1200 credits at my expense

How is it flavoured txt? The cert states on it everything it upgrades, one of those items is a freighter -red freighter, if it does not do that they should simply revert the process giving customer either certs back or credit refund equivalent to what customer spent. they are offering me to delete 1200 credits at my expense

Dude this is not Archerage team fault, is XL fault and that text is wrong at official as well(is in the client side of things) and let me tell you in advance there are hundreds of items with this problem because XL/Trino didn't give a shit and many persist until today(4.5 version of the game at official aka 2 whole years of updates in front of our client, lots of drama and still there).

Be grateful they are willing to give you a solution, at official the answer was (2 months later btw) "is XL fault deal with it" then XL replied back with a "fix" that didn't fix it and end it up with a "cry me a river" kind of response.

all you need is for them to give you back the credits for the red hauler upgrade and go buy the red freighter upgrade ticket(that one do work on a freighter and is battle tested, if you haven't noticed there are lots and lots of red freighters around) and thats it.

Sure, I do understand that for a player that never played at official this can be annoying(or even a warning sign) because you never lived this before with Trino/XL but also understand this is a private server and there are thing outside their control because the can't modify the client easily(only XL have the source code for the game client and they never fix shit on their side) but even so they have put some back breaking work behind to make it better where possible than official.(official 3.0 was very different in a very bad way to our 3.0)

give them a break and understand is not a scam or anything but always be careful when you buy items with weird texts(especially gliders, those are bugged as fuck) and always ask in faction chat since there is always a Trino survivor willing to help you to be sure.

They are not willing to put it right though as there is no such thing as a freighter to red freighter cert in the cash shop if there was it would be easy, also I did play on live but gave up 3 years ago, I gave them chances to put things right too but they failed so I stopped playing and stopped investing, the thing you seem to not understand is that it is an easy fix,. I have not received any physical goods it is digital, it is worded wrong and they could easily revert back to a hauler and give me the hauler -freighter cert back then I could use red hauler cert and then freighter upgrade cert. They are refusing to do that, so I will obviously not give them any more money. Put it right I buy, dont put it right I never buy again, its that simple!

@jrch2k10 Where did you get the idea they didn't have access to the source code? If they didn't have access to source files there wouldn't be a server for you to play on. What you've got mistaken with is that they do not have the original tools (software) that Xl would use to create the game. However this is divulging off topic so it shall not be discussed further.
@Yankmyplank Staff members do not interfere with players items unless there is an actual issue. Due to that you made the mistake of not checking the specific upgrade you needed you were offered a compromise which would not normally be done.
The issue with item texts being incorrect is they do not actively check every item for incorrect text. Meanwhile the text may be changed to be correct to that it only applies for Haulers. Will require Sparkle to comment on if it will be adjusted

They are not willing to put it right though as there is no such thing as a freighter to red freighter cert in the cash shop if there was it would be easy, also I did play on live but gave up 3 years ago, I gave them chances to put things right too but they failed so I stopped playing and stopped investing, the thing you seem to not understand is that it is an easy fix,. I have not received any physical goods it is digital, it is worded wrong and they could easily revert back to a hauler and give me the hauler -freighter cert back then I could use red hauler cert and then freighter upgrade cert. They are refusing to do that, so I will obviously not give them any more money. Put it right I buy, dont put it right I never buy again, its that simple!

im pretty damn sure there is a red freighter ticket but whatever

@jrch2k10 Where did you get the idea they didn't have access to the source code? If they didn't have access to source files there wouldn't be a server for you to play on. What you've got mistaken with is that they do not have the original tools (software) that Xl would use to create the game. However this is divulging off topic so it shall not be discussed further.

Archage have 2 source code

1.) Server side
2.) Client side

Archerage obviously have some form of server side source and tooling but they don't have the client side source code which I stated clearly.

what I'm not sure if which side have the fix for this because in some cases the flavor text was handled server side but in several cases Trino stated that the flavor for certain items were hardcoded into the client and couldn't be fixed at all without XL releasing an updated build.

I guess sparkle will inform if it is fixable on their side

The update today fixed the cert for new users, but if you look at the imgur link I posted it does clearly show that a freighter-red freighter upgrade is on the Hauler=red hauler as well as rudolph-red rudolph. Whether the original fault is trino's or not is irrelevant simply because I bought credits on this prviate server and the purchase I made does not do what it says on the tin.

As far as some one saying that they are pretty sure their is a freighter to red freighter cert, then pray tell where the hell it is because I have never seen it, with the exception of red hauler upgrade cert (including every other kind of hauler freighter to red) which they have admitted is wwrong and now changed.

@jrch2k10 No staff member has ever said anything about what files they have. You're making that claim from an assumption and it is not correct. This is not related to this discussion and so It shall be taken further.
Yes there is a farm freighter upgrade. It is used to make a farm Hauler into a freighter

Red Hauler Fusion Certificate can be used for upgrade to Hauler only as it was mentioned in the description "Use to upgrade a Hauler into a Red Farm Hauler".
All mentioning of the Freighter were removed from the item notes.
111.png

This thread is derailed I am closing it. There was many topics on this issue before please in future use search function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back