What's new

Reduce quantity of items given from RNG Box

"New Year's Resolution Motivation Event! Sharpen your blades, reinforce your armors, and flex your muscles in Auroria! All shadow merchant vendor prices for Burning Log Packs & Archeum Log Packs are increased to 150g!" -A Dream

@Ryuki @Sparkle I plead again to look into shadow merchant value.

It is undisputed that water warz and log warz are virtually dead. 3.3k clerics are haulering across the land... No one is setting timers for the logs, low gs players aren't waking up in the middle of the night because they know competition will only be lowered during that time. The place is a ghost town.

I fortold the future of Archeum price decay and eventual crippling blow that RNG boxes would bring to the glorious pvp that could potentially take place. It is now to the point where a shard tree's expected value is 10g. Archeum logs still sell around 7-10g and therefore shard trees are profitable to chop...even before considering labor.

I propose again that archeum log packs get increased to about 150g per pack. They take on average 5 trees to be chopped to make 1 pack. Dust trees already get chopped. The typical value of a tree currently is 20g. The drastic decline in competition for these trees shows that the insentive is not enough. Making the shadow pack 150 puts the tree value at 30 g. This value will be unchanged by boxes and will give constant purpose to fire & water boiz.

PS. response of "just craft" are silly. Crafting prices are controlled by Archeum ingots, not crystals.

PPS. Release this at the same time as hasla having updated loot table will improve pvp server content overnight. Some naysayers will say big guilds will control water lands,I say bring it. But having two zones of viable constant pvp will allow groups to move around to find where they are competitive.

.The only difference here is temporarily increased supply of archeum, which will decline as soon as the boxes are gone, as it is timed.

This means, that after both boxes are gone, crafters and player...
Just for fun...we need create the vocab.

"Who?" is someone that has 1-2 plots of land in one of the four regions and plants crops on the land with one or two archeum tree sapplkngs waiting to be watered. This player is known to anyone in the region and does under 10 trees a week.

"Carebears" healers or undergeared players. They will try to be your friend when they are alone because they know they can't fight and win. Most likely to "create alliances" and split the nodes popping

"Archeum farmer" someone who has 1-3 land plots and takes care of them semi regularly. Doesn't roll in a group and only can get archeum when there is minimal to no competition.

"Water boi" if you're part of a crew that has over 10 plots of land scattered in every housing district of pvp auroria, and if you and crew fight to do the rotations of trees such that y'all do 90+ trees/logs a day... Then you can label yourself as a water boi.

Personally I'm enjoying stocking up on the low priced archeum, and I'm surprised more people aren't.

It is undisputed that water warz and log warz are virtually dead. 3.3k clerics are haulering across the land... No one is setting timers for the logs, low gs players aren't waking up in the middle of the night because they know competition will only be lowered during that time. The place is a ghost town.

I don't know about the zones with logs but Nuimari still see's plenty of fighting over waters.

I don't know about the zones with logs but Nuimari still see's plenty of fighting over waters.

That guy posts in several threads to promote his suggestion of having shadow merchants buy archeum log/water packs at an increased price to boost pvp. I think it's an ok idea but it doesn't really warrant all this promotion, especially in a thread like this where the shadow merchant would have zero impact on an RNG box in the cash shop.

That guy posts in several threads to promote his suggestion of having shadow merchants buy archeum log/water packs at an increased price to boost pvp. I think it's an ok idea but it doesn't really warrant all this promotion, especially in a thread like this where the shadow merchant would have zero impact on an RNG box in the cash shop.

Lithium... I'm right here. Not just "that guy". And your argument is that is not related? It seemed like you were commenting about the drastic price change based upon the boxes having a high rate of archeum. The effect we see is an increase of supply into an already saturated market where we enter into a supersaturated market. In super saturation, motivation of providers become lower as incentive is lowered. Shadow merchant solves the root of the problem in that a slightly under saturated archeum market promotes pvp as incentive is higher...and an increase from alternative sources only relieve the market, not destroyit. In a supersaturated market, people will horde resources and post slowly in hopes of a roi. This keeps the market value lower even after the alternative stimulous has left.

The effect of the box is greater than archeum price change. The big effect is that competition in Auroria will not return for a long time as the markets will remain too low to warrant effort and time from farmers. The market will also remain lower because enough time will lapse that buyer expectation will change.

I have made a plurality of posts in hopes that the situation would be remedied before this timing of the server. None of the Live servers have the same level of pvp in Auroria from this point onward.

Maybe you like the pve content of loading up haulers of water and moving them around for minimal AH ability. Maybe you'll love auction house hero of trying to squeek out a 45%roi. I'm trying to keep content alive and engaging. Without pvp, why gear?

Take synthium out of the picture, since it has only one purpose.
Most of this discussion is related to archeum, but by calculations archeum loot from boxes is several times cheaper than buying one box for gold.

The only difference here is temporarily increased supply of archeum, which will decline as soon as the boxes are gone, as it is timed.

Personally i have bought all my archeum prior to this ,and thought i made a huge mistake, but the prices have changed so slightly over the time of this week, that the difference in profit lost is minor. And players did not raise an alarm on previous archeum boxes.
The main economy difference happened when Rudolph crate was implemented, and just stayed similar.

This means, that after both boxes are gone, crafters and players who wish their costumes upgraded will be more than content, while archeum farmers will have their profits back.
If i knew anything remotely strategic, i would stack up on archeum now, and sell it later.
Since there will not be another archeum based box after this for some time.

So, 1 day without the archeum in boxes?

6f14d6351c1055d9a6a1e12d11a5c3aa.png

I was almost bamboozled into buying up cheap archeum.

Starting to get real mad over this=/

STOP putting archeum in the boxes. Its not needed. Its ruining the market for people who arent throwing tons of money at the game. I donate, so I benefit from this but what I dont benefit from is the steady decline of population due to things like this and normal players not being able to make a living. This is so fucking short sighted it hurts.

Theres so many other things to put in. Like good job temporarily making a supply of lunarite, we needed that. But you are just killing the archeum farmers outright. On top of that, theres so many valuable consumables you can put in their place. Lucky drop pots, labor pots, pvp consumables, etc etc. Just lay OFF with the Archeum .

Last edited:
I'm torn between being happy that the market has been devalued to the point that theres little point donating for boxes anymore, and a little irked that the stockpile of charms i already have is barely worth selling at current rates.

Need to cut out the Archeum/charm RNG boxes for a few weeks and run a regrade event to rebalance the scales. By all means switch to an alternative rng box with different items in it. The seed bundles were great, and theres a ton of other consumable items that people always need. Got a feeling that running the game economy into the dirt makes more dorra short term though...

Suggestion for lunarite is pretty great, so we dont all feel quite so bad trashing 30 gems in a row trying to get more than two socketed

Drop archeum, add lunarite ....... Some stones are worth upwards of 300 gold, we could do with that coming down quite a lot.

I agree that RNG boxes SHOULDN'T be used to balance out the economy.

Love this server and you need to know it was a huge mistake by Trion to use the RNG boxes as the means to sell the items that the economy desperately needed. They did this with archeum when they wanted people to craft more, charms became pretty much a standard in the boxes because they always want you regrading, synth shards for costumes, higher proc trees for thunderstrucks for when they introduced Haulers, etc. We have this huge sandbox game with what should be a player driven economy, yet it feels like an RNG box economy. While I understand they all had an intent to help a part of a lacking economy or to support crafting of newly added items, the problem is that Trion was only focused on improving these issues through ways that involve monitory gain for the dev/pub instead of looking at the root problems in the game. It lead to huge mistrust issues and started to show their true colors.

These additions always wildly inflated the economy for periods of time in an unhealthy, limited-time way that always pissed a solid chunk of the player base off rather then looking for tweaks ingame to naturally ease the issue a bit with maybe some assistance from boxes. I say this because I want this server to stay populated for as long as possible, please, you must realize that making RNG boxes the only way to equal out the needs of a server is a HUGE reason a lot of us refuse to play Trion servers in the first place. It always felt like they put money first and didn't really care about the players as long as they were stacking cash. I do feel that these devs care about us and our opinions more than Trion but I know others are starting to feel differently. Please, show us you care more about the population of the server than the revenue statements and I think you will see that you succeed with both and add to the longevity of the server. Thanks.

No comment.
I did advice them on not adding Archeum based box right after 2 of the same type were in the marketplace, there are simply so many possibilities they should allow economy to recover by using any other RNG Box, or adding consumables/lunarites or any other comodity that is scarce instead archeum which is atm abundant.

I said it 3 weeks ago, ill say it again. It is now almost a double copy of official, it started to feel like it. It now 100% feels like it.

Well, id like to be the first official casuality of terrible management, im out l8r people see u on fresh start in march

Please keep in mind that is has to be worth it for people to buy those boxes. Trion gave something like 2 Sunlight archeum crystal for a $3-5 gamble box. Maybe the staff here could put more potions and elixirs in the boxes where they are bind on account. This way it is not going to flood the market but give people their monies worth.

Please keep in mind that is has to be worth it for people to buy those boxes. Trion gave something like 2 Sunlight archeum crystal for a $3-5 gamble box. Maybe the staff here could put more potions and elixirs in the boxes where they are bind on account. This way it is not going to flood the market but give people their monies worth.

I did suggest administration to balance new boxes a bit, so they reduced amount of archeum being dropped from the boxes, and are reviewing if another type of box will replace it if it greatly affects economy.

Back