What's new

Returning player

Skykinz

Hello all,
I played quite a bit at retail launch. I played for about about a year before unfortunate circumstances required me to quit. I have since tried to return to retail only to find it lackluster.
I played Primeval and Darkrunner primarily. Also had a Blighter that I played pretty frequently.

I rolled both a Darkrunner and a Primeval but I feel as if they're a lot less powerful than they used to be? Perhaps I just don't have the gear required for them to feel powerful.

tl;dr
I wanna play a new class that will be less gear dependent. At least for my start. I was thinking Skullknight or maybe Bloodreaver. Possibly a Spellsinger or Demonologist.
I just need something that will be able to farm well enough to start making myself some money while also being able to handle myself in 1v1 if someone bothers me. Suggestions?

Hello all,
I played quite a bit at retail launch. I played for about about a year before unfortunate circumstances required me to quit. I have since tried to return to retail only to find it lackluster.
I played Primeval and Darkrunner primarily. Also had a Blighter that I played pretty frequently.

I rolled both a Darkrunner and a Primeval but I feel as if they're a lot less powerful than they used to be? Perhaps I just don't have the gear required for them to feel powerful.

tl;dr
I wanna play a new class that will be less gear dependent. At least for my start. I was thinking Skullknight or maybe Bloodreaver. Possibly a Spellsinger or Demonologist.
I just need something that will be able to farm well enough to start making myself some money while also being able to handle myself in 1v1 if someone bothers me. Suggestions?

Darkrunner is still the least gear dependent class to play, most people on the server are a Darkrunner so choosing a cloth spec might not be the best option to start off. However, if you do choose to roll cloth "Revenant" is probably your best mob farming class.

Tbh, just play what you like man. Its going to take a while to gear to the point of being viable to begin with so you mind aswell play a class you enjoy in the time being.

Cheers,

Darkrunner is still the least gear dependent class to play, most people on the server are a Darkrunner so choosing a cloth spec might not be the best option to start off. However, if you do choose to roll cloth "Revenant" is probably your best mob farming class.

Tbh, just play what you like man. Its going to take a while to gear to the point of being viable to begin with so you mind aswell play a class you enjoy in the time being.

Cheers,
Thanks for the speedy response. :D Darkrunner is just so OP that it makes me feel kind of awful playing it. I'd rather play something that's good but not necessarily overpowered and can take down groups of mobs relatively quickly.

Dr can just do a but of everything. But epic is right. Play whatever you're interested in.
During the launch of the server dark runner was even more common so playing a primeval at the time really sucked for me. (I don't use leech which would of helped. Hate that skill). Still playing prime now, still a fun class for me.

Thanks for the speedy response. :D Darkrunner is just so OP that it makes me feel kind of awful playing it. I'd rather play something that's good but not necessarily overpowered and can take down groups of mobs relatively quickly.

Yeah I would play a mage then if you aren't worried about getting destroyed by DR's and Prime's in the gearing process. Mages are really strong, Revenant is by far the best RvR and mob farming spec and Enigmatist/Daggerspell is a great 1v1 class. Daggerspell for sure if you are low geared as you can take away half their HP just from fall dmg.

Hope you find a class you enjoy.

Dr can just do a but of everything. But epic is right. Play whatever you're interested in.
During the launch of the server dark runner was even more common so playing a primeval at the time really sucked for me. (I don't use leech which would of helped. Hate that skill). Still playing prime now, still a fun class for me.
Primeval was by far my most geared and favorite class when I played retail at launch. It was amazing. I remember being relatively invincible in arena except for the occasional darkrunner that executed perfectly.

You must of been playing 4.5. Primeval now is all about evasion. You get grabbed and if they crit game over. to duel a dr well you basically need to leech there freenzy and then shackle them or they'll just jump at you everytime you think you can run. Prime has a lot of evasion, dr has even more catch potential

You must of been playing 4.5. Primeval now is all about evasion. You get grabbed and if they crit game over. to duel a dr well you basically need to leech there freenzy and then shackle them or they'll just jump at you everytime you think you can run. Prime has a lot of evasion, dr has even more catch potential

Nah I played before 4.5... I haven't played retail in a long time. It was right at retail launch. Including alpha. From what I remember they have to execute poorly and you have to be perfect. And of course leech is essential. But you can escape as long as you don't get caught in the stun. At least that's how I remember it being. Might be totally different now.

The only way to escape a dr combo is with leech or hitting shrug it off at the right moment.
Not getting caught in their stun is kill them before they reach you.

If you are east and want to play a skullknight shoot me a mail in game. Player name DVSDorn, we are looking for some SKs.

Back