What's new

Rework/Buff treasure hunting

i would have to agree with the admins here on the sunken chest. with their spawns being static removing a cd for rising them would just be inviting bots to farm them. i would think a better change would to be changing the loot pool to have more design bags, even a special design bag that only contains Seabreeze designs, or include designs fragments for stuff like enoan, fireclad , growling yawl or even just a extremely low flat rate for completed designs. another thing you could add is a title for rising the chest like it could be something like you get x amount of swim speed while carrying an underwater breathing device on top of the bonus you already get, or a niche temp item something like a diving bell where you could use it to tele up and down from the surface to the sea floor reducing the pain of having to drive back and forth for multi chest spots, it could even take a bit of labor to set up. there is many things you could change to help with underwater content being a bit of drag fest i think starting slow and cautious for adding things to see is some what smart as its better to add in some good content than it is to flood it with bad content and have to work to either remove it or fix it.

i would have to agree with the admins here on the sunken chest. with their spawns being static removing a cd for rising them would just be inviting bots to farm them. i would think a better change would to be changing the loot pool to have more design bags, even a special design bag that only contains Seabreeze designs, or include designs fragments for stuff like enoan, fireclad , growling yawl or even just a extremely low flat rate for completed designs. another thing you could add is a title for rising the chest like it could be something like you get x amount of swim speed while carrying an underwater breathing device on top of the bonus you already get, or a niche temp item something like a diving bell where you could use it to tele up and down from the surface to the sea floor reducing the pain of having to drive back and forth for multi chest spots, it could even take a bit of labor to set up. there is many things you could change to help with underwater content being a bit of drag fest i think starting slow and cautious for adding things to see is some what smart as its better to add in some good content than it is to flood it with bad content and have to work to either remove it or fix it.
i like the idea of the diving bell that would make things far better 😍 the seabreeze thing is a cool idea but then they wouldn't be as valuable if they were more easy to access, can come in handy if you need extra gold. the other things though seem workable and i feel with a few ideas/suggestions from here and the devs personal touch the underwater content could be great.
i agree there start small first and work the way up on testing more. if there was a separate private test server where they could test these before release that would be handy. as then they wouldn't have reason to worry about messing up official game files. hopefully that makes sense. i know that's possible somehow but again, that might take a bit of looking into. fingers crossed the underwater content gets some love

An item such as a diving bell is heavily abusable and impossible to restrict to confines of the activity, not only that the teleport would have to be a fixed height since there's no way to make something always go to a specific height. We would never introduce such an item

An item such as a diving bell is heavily abusable and impossible to restrict to confines of the activity, not only that the teleport would have to be a fixed height since there's no way to make something always go to a specific height. We would never introduce such an item
appreciate your insight and that makes sense. though instead of teleportation it could be a speed boost that shoots you underwater. so long as it has a cooldown it can't be abused so to speak, the best advice here would be not to take everyone's suggestions too literally. What i hope the staff will do is consider everyone's idea and think of ways it could work better or be changed into something else. I'm sure there's a few staff members with not only a good imagination but a good idea of how the game works too to turn peoples ideas/suggestions into something more viable. Lets face it we all look to the staff to keep things even and fair as possible, so your counter-suggestions/ideas count too.

Last edited:
i see you point but i brought it as a concept, even than i dont find the diving thing that annoying i just double tap to dash and press x that works for me. i would be more interested in hearing your thoughts on changing the loot table/adding to it.

Last edited:
appreciate your insight and that makes sense. though instead of teleportation it could be a speed boost that shoots you underwater, the best advice here would be not to take everyone's suggestions too literally. What i hope the staff will do is consider everyone's idea and think of ways it could work better or be changed into something else. I'm sure there's a few staff members with not only a good imagination but a good idea of how the game works too to turn peoples ideas/suggestions into something more viable. Lets face it we all look to the staff to keep things even and fair as possible, so your counter-suggestions/ideas count too.
taking a min to think about the concept of the diving bell the coding of it would be a utter nightmare because you would have to create an item that shares multiple objects under that all put out the small aoe buff as to my knowledge there no cylinder aoe buffs in the game so they would have to make smaller objects that would emit the buff but i brought it up as an analog point. I think a simpler fix would to add some sort of diving buff to the underwater breathing device but i don't know how the diving system works. i think it's something like take your swim speed and cut it in half while looking or moving downward while in water which i think would be a side effect of water acting like a cushion when falling.

i agree with your sentiment but i could see how the staff could get frustrated by people pushing something that isnt reasonable or feasible to do and that is why i try to limit my own suggestion to something that seem some what reasonable for the devs to do like moving the relic trader to the out island i would assume it would just be a case of copy the npc that is there duplicate them 2 times and move their assign location to the other coordinates but i could very easily mistaken.

taking a min to think about the concept of the diving bell the coding of it would be a utter nightmare because you would have to create an item that shares multiple objects under that all put out the small aoe buff as to my knowledge there no cylinder aoe buffs in the game so they would have to make smaller objects that would emit the buff but i brought it up as an analog point. I think a simpler fix would to add some sort of diving buff to the underwater breathing device but i don't know how the diving system works. i think it's something like take your swim speed and cut it in half while looking or moving downward while in water which i think would be a side effect of water acting like a cushion when falling.

i agree with your sentiment but i could see how the staff could get frustrated by people pushing something that isnt reasonable or feasible to do and that is why i try to limit my own suggestion to something that seem some what reasonable for the devs to do like moving the relic trader to the out island i would assume it would just be a case of copy the npc that is there duplicate them 2 times and move their assign location to the other coordinates but i could very easily mistaken.
Since the devs are the ones with the game files I would leave it in there hands to decide what may or may not work. These are mainly suggestions. I wanted my point to the devs to be not to take every idea/suggestion super seriously because you can always adjust an idea into something else that may work better.

In regards to pushing the devs. Imagine if we were all passive, would we of progressed as much as we have as a race? If we had no ideas, no passion, no drive and no push nothing would get done.
We may all be pushing this underwater content a bit, but that's only because we feel passionately about it. It would be amazing if the devs could consider adding/upgrading the underwater content that's all I wish to encourage. One thing I'm not expecting is the devs to rush by any means as it takes a lot of work. It also takes time to cook up ideas and work out what will work and won't.
I will say it again I just want the devs to consider peoples ideas, not take each idea/suggestion too serious but use them as a start point.
I said all I needed to on this matter anyway so all anyone can do now is hope and wait. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Back