What's new

RIP Krowley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trancedock

8a73261964b5878d00e96d6723529951.png

So are we going to continue instigating against a player for no real reason? Nothing in that screenshot is even remotely worth witchhunting someone for.

@IronLady has already closed 2 threads pertaining to this and has stated that it's being investigated. As much as I didn't like what I read about what Krowley said, I'm not going to undermine the devs of the server by continuing to post this childish shit. She has enough on her plate as it is without having to deal with you products of low-breeding trolls. I hope she bans your ass off the forums, because what you're doing is against the rules.

So are we going to continue instigating against a player for no real reason? Nothing in that screenshot is even remotely worth witchhunting someone for.

You mean other than him being a biased, impartial, man-child that likes to throw tantrums, bag on the server and insult members of the community as well as censoring anything he doesn't agree with?

I mean, other than that, the dude is fantastic.

You mean other than him being a biased, impartial, man-child that likes to throw tantrums, bag on the server and insult members of the community as well as censoring anything he doesn't agree with?

None of that, minus the bagging on the server, came from the original points people were making. If you have actual reasoning then good for you, but none of the points made in the original threads have any weight to them.

Here's the problem :

Ulfnaor and Krowley were taken in as mod not because they were outstanding members that proved they could do the job. They were taken in as mods because they were the 2 members (except staff) with the most posts on forum.

Them doing their job in a bad way is a consequence of that, and now that (I believe) they've resigned, we'll hopefully get new mods that are chosen based on their ability to do their job this time around

Here's the problem :

Ulfnaor and Krowley were taken in as mod not because they were outstanding members that proved they could do the job. They were taken in as mods because they were the 2 members (except staff) with the most posts on forum.

Them doing their job in a bad way is a consequence of that, and now that (I believe) they've resigned, we'll hopefully get new mods that are chosen based on their ability to do their job this time around

Exactly, It's rather hard to find individuals that will moderate based on rules rather than bias and personal standings without interviewing them or something. Perhaps once all the new updates and stuff are settled, the devs can get some time to round up a few that post accordingly, and interview them if interested.

Exactly, It's rather hard to find individuals that will moderate based on rules rather than bias and personal standings without interviewing them or something. Perhaps once all the new updates and stuff are settled, the devs can get some time to round up a few that post accordingly, and interview them if interested.
Me and others I know have offered our help, not as just forum moderators (because that's honestly not what is needed) but as either community managers of some kind, or in other fields (ingame moderators, part of the dev team).

Forum mods are not very useful for the server

I think a lot of people are willing to help, I have a feeling once donations and the new hack shield are in place they will start looking to make changes that benefit the server staff wise.

Me and others I know have offered our help, not as just forum moderators (because that's honestly not what is needed) but as either community managers of some kind, or in other fields.

Forum mods are not very useful for the server
They're not helpful to the forums either, there's not that many people here and I've yet to see anyone breaking rules.
Large amount of posts about the server situation also don't benefit from having a moderator around because they're just parrots and from what I've seen they get a reply from staff as fast as any other player would.

Here's the problem :

I have a choice

Pick this guy as the next mod on forum https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?members/tehfoe.2081/

Everyone loves him ,and his conversational skills are stunning, i am sure he would accept right away.

@tehfoe for mod

c71459524d939deb410662fc4d43738eacafe450021ab620240a96221a55c381.jpg

They're not helpful to the forums either, there's not that many people here and I've yet to see anyone breaking rules.
Large amount of posts about the server situation also don't benefit from having a moderator around because they're just parrots and from what I've seen they get a reply from staff as fast as any other player would.
This is why you need to bring mods that have the ability to speak to the staff and make them adapt better ways.
For example, having a Discord server for the staff (or Slack, which is a bit more professional), would allow for DIRECT communications, and on average much faster response times.

Also we dont need another one of these threads 2 were closed anyway, its speculation.
Some players did wish to be a mod and were ready to put up a twitter connected to ArcheRage for daily news updates, that was a good idea.

This is why you need to bring mods that have the ability to speak to the staff and make them adapt better ways.
For example, having a Discord server for the staff (or Slack, which is a bit more professional), would allow for DIRECT communications, and on average much faster response times.
Forums allow for direct communication as well. I think it's more about them not replying in time than what platform they're using to communicate.
It's understandable to some degree if they're busy as all hell with the anticheat/donations but I think communicating with your staff should be a bit higher in their priority list.

Really, guys. Stop speculating, please.
This situation is under investigation. Until it is finished, abstain from any comments at least on the Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back