What's new

Royal Seeds?

You say that you have to find new ways to make gold but the problem is they are limiting your options. Larders took a hit, larcency took a hit, fishing took a hit(can only make ocean chum from 10 rare freshwater fish), gear making took a hit (loyalty issue). So you just raped 4 ways to make gold... but ya just find another way.

Buddy and myself get royal seed procs from bundles around 2-3 times out of 80 or so bundles (so 10-15 seeds), over the course of 3 harvests from both of us.

Keep in mind it's ONLY FARMING BUNDLES, not gathering bundles.

I also get about 20 seeds per treehouse singleplanting, did that twice.

I've also read that your farming proficiency is accounted for with this, though I can't validate that claim one way or the other (both of us had 180k when patch went live).

Did 5 x 24's + mansion in farming bundles three times over; finally got some royal returns on the second and third turnover, on rice and corn only and still not enough for an entire plot of larders. Whew. I didn't really want to, but I guess the Thousand Singles Meditation on rice will probably be best results, as was on retail. Will see.

people seem to be talking only about royal seeds, but don't forget about the experia crops for guild xp and prestige, which require scented leaf, heavy hardwood or royal seeds.
like experia sunflower -> before need shatigons blessings -> 3.0 requires 3 scented leaf, so u need 12 per day, even tho i have 150k+ gathering only got a few, so can't possible do it each day to produce 12....
lets get over to the good stuff...
experia pumpkin patch -> 5 royal seeds -> u need 3 of these to complete guild quest -> 15 royal seeds per day :D
experia duck patch -> 10 royal seeds -> u need 2 duck patches to complete guild quest -> 20 royal seeds per day
experia pine patch -> 1 Heavy hardwood -> u need only 1 to complete guild q.

so what the actual fuck? making experias is like out of the question...
Heavy hardwood is a requirement for almost all animal pens now...
so its not only larders getting affected by this bullshitness...
lets not forget that XL themselves added those royal seeds, scented leaf and heavy hardwood to the vocation shop at later versions 3.5.
4.0 they even returned the ability to gain vocation badges from gathering, mining stuff again(like previously 2.9)...
so being a custom tweaked private server, why are we following the same bad patterns of XL/TRION when we can do the good stuff changes straight away...

people seem to be talking only about royal seeds, but don't forget about the experia crops for guild xp and prestige, which require scented leaf, heavy hardwood or royal seeds.
like experia sunflower -> before need shatigons blessings -> 3.0 requires 3 scented leaf, so u need 12 per day, even tho i have 150k+ gathering only got a few, so can't possible do it each day to produce 12....
experia pumpkin patch -> 5 royal seeds -> u need 3 of these to complete guild quest -> 15 royal seeds per day :D
experia duck patch -> 10 royal seeds -> u need 2 duck patches to complete guild quest -> 20 royal seeds per day
experia pine patch -> 1 Heavy hardwood -> u need only 1 to complete guild q.

so what the actual fuck? making experias is like out of the question...
Heavy hardwood is a requirement for almost all animal pens now...
so its not only larders getting affected by this bullshitness...
lets not forget that XL themselves added those royal seeds, scented leaf and heavy hardwood to the vocation shop at later versions 3.5.
4.0 they even returned the ability to gain vocation badges from gathering, mining stuff again(like previously 2.9)...
so being a custom tweaked private server, why are we following the same bad patterns of XL/TRION when we can do the good stuff changes straight away...
Trion has numerous other issues then just these. This server is making progressive changes to see how they play out. If they changed every single thing people didnt like it will cause issues somewhere else. Cause and Effect.

what single thing are you talking about?
its 3 biggest kings now tying everything: royal seeds, scented leaf and heavy hardwood...
Trion has numerous other issues then just these. This server is making progressive changes to see how they play out. If they changed every single thing people didnt like it will cause issues somewhere else. Cause and Effect.

what was the point for your reply? TRION has issues? sure, in that regard then if you see some positive changes on TRION servers - you gonna reject them just, because it's - TRION?
what people are asking is a streamlined solution like it was in 2.9(shatigons blessing for VB) to get that extra material(scented leaf, royal seed, heavy hardwood) needed for pens, woodlot, larders etc. without micromanaging AA 24/7 like a bot single planting seeds.
let me give you a cause and effect - make exactly same server with the issues that plagued TRION - people will leave.
it was the same type of such discussions that brought us vocation shop products into the gold merchant, so instead of being a smartass giving zero solutions to the problem - stay silent.

The upside with scented leaves at least is that they drop from gathering trees, so no replanting is necessary with that. However needing 4 per day does kind of suck.

its 3 biggest kings now tying everything: royal seeds, scented leaf and heavy hardwood...

what was the point for your reply? TRION has issues? sure, in that regard then if you see some positive changes on TRION servers - you gonna reject them just, because it's - TRION?
what people are asking is a streamlined solution like it was in 2.9(shatigons blessing for VB) to get that extra material(scented leaf, royal seed, heavy hardwood) needed for pens, woodlot, larders etc. without micromanaging AA 24/7 like a bot single planting seeds.
let me give you a cause and effect - make exactly same server with the issues that plagued TRION - people will leave.
it was the same type of such discussions that brought us vocation shop products into the gold merchant, so instead of being a smartass giving zero solutions to the problem - stay silent.

^^^ Well said!

Buddy and myself get royal seed procs from bundles around 2-3 times out of 80 or so bundles (so 10-15 seeds), over the course of 3 harvests from both of us.

I've also read that your farming proficiency is accounted for with this, though I can't validate that claim one way or the other (both of us had 180k when patch went live).

What's your prof

What's your proficiency in farming? I've only gotten 5 seeds out of over 200 bundles and my prof is 90k

Did you read what I even wrote? This server is changing many things and they cannot change everything at once because it needs to be play tested. What mind sound simple can cause a lot of other things to be different. You obviously have no clue on how games are developed and I feel bad for these devs having to deal with such ingnorant people all the time. Things take time to resolve and they are obviously changing things and I would love to hear you say there not.

Even thou the drop rate on Royal seeds is the same as Trions version keep this in mind. With our version they also drop from bundles @ the rate of 5 when they proc so in effect we get a much higher rate of them then trion's version. We will keep a close watch on this to ensure enough are dropping for the demands of our economy.

Even thou the drop rate on Royal seeds is the same as Trions version keep this in mind. With our version they also drop from bundles @ the rate of 5 when they proc so in effect we get a much higher rate of them then trion's version. We will keep a close watch on this to ensure enough are dropping for the demands of our economy.
Thanks for the response. If it takes 180k proficiency to get enough to drop to make larders, then half your population is cut off for a long time. Trion made them available to buy in the vocation shop for that reason.

Back