What's new

Rumor going around

revival

Apparently, trion was the one who shut down the donation system or whatnot, no idea how they did that. Can any gm's confirm?

This post is to be taken in a negative way, was just wondering if it was that shithole of a company ruining our server.
However as a friendly p2w player not being able to swipe is hurting my soul, I would be more than happy to be donating via paypal then sending a screenshot of the payment and have us receive credits that way instead? As for chargebacks, its pretty easy to just ban the account who issued a chargeback on you guys, even if they xfer the credits on to another character. :D hope all is well

I'm gonna go with no. Trion wouldn't have any power to shut down another vendor. PGC is a separate company that has nothing whatsoever to do with Trion. What the vendor does with the PServer devs is their choice.

Here's the registrant info for PGC:

https://www.godaddy.com/whois/resul..._XeoypeZOGtpbhcFYJnYGayaae_jTi&isc=gofd1001aj

Oddly, they're fairly new, so who knows what the trustworthiness of the company actually is....but they're in New Zealand, and as such, far out of US legal action jurisdiction Trion would try to incite against them.

Last edited:
If you think anyone but Trion caused PGC to stop doing business with ArcheRage you are smoking crack.

These are unsubstantiated rumors though. We don't even know what the details are behind the issues with Archerage and PGC. There's no proof of anything. Anything we say is pure speculation.

If you think anyone but Trion caused PGC to stop doing business with ArcheRage you are smoking crack.
Trion doesn't have the power to actually bring this to happen. For PGC to stop dealing with ArcheRage because of Trion's words, Trion would have to demonstrate beyond the shadow of a doubt that this is fraud. Which it isn't.

We'll have an official word and more on this very soon.

Trion doesn't have the power to actually bring this to happen. For PGC to stop dealing with ArcheRage because of Trion's words, Trion would have to demonstrate beyond the shadow of a doubt that this is fraud. Which it isn't.
I can't even.

I can't even.

Can't even understand why Trion wouldn't have this power? This is out of their legal abilities dude. PGC is a non US company. Trion has ZERO influence outside of the US. That's how legal systems work. You can't invade another country and start making demands.

Can't even understand why Trion wouldn't have this power? This is out of their legal abilities dude. PGC is a non US company. Trion has ZERO influence outside of the US. That's how legal systems work. You can't invade another country and start making demands.
Have you ever heard of mastercard/visa?

As soon as we know more on what caused this outage and are allowed to share, I promise we will. Truth be told, right now we only have a slightly less fuzzy image of what happened and what is going on, and how close a fix is.

It could be PGC getting C&D by Trino, or it could be aliens abducted our credit overlords, or anything in between.

We could totally meme this thread though, in speculating off the wall reasons why donations are currently down.

Are you trying to imply Trion paid PGC to stop dealing with Archerage devs?
No I'm trying to imply that just because you have a company somewhere not in the US that mastercard/visa/[insert _any_ cc processor] still take complaints from US companies and shut down foreign bank cc processing every day of the week. Why would trion pay PGC? Why would you think I was implying anything of the sort?

I have no idea how this is so hard to understand. CC processing networks are US Companies. Trion is a US company. Trion's business interests and exclusive licenses are being violated by a third party that is using the US payment processing companies' networks to facilitate money transfer to entities in a foreign country.

Here let me help you with how this shit works in the real world.

Accepting credit card payments is a exceedingly risk heavy business. CC issuers and processing companies do everything they can to reduce this risk. Getting a cease and desist from a prominent US company whose licenses are being violated is usually a pretty easy decision to stop supporting.

Ask yourself this: If what you say is true, why can't the developers just go to a new country with even less restrictions and get their payments back up overnight? Why has it taken almost a week so far to integrate a new CC processor company (assuming they started immediately on integrating a new processor)? The reason is very simple, the CC processors don't want to do business with this entity. Yet they were perfectly happy to do so not even 3 weeks ago.

I wonder why :thinking:

Last edited:
Liquid , dont bother explaining financial systems with people that at best have a 300 dollar limit on their student card.

3rd parties are commonly used for loopholes in donations towards private servers. Since they're not profiting directly from consumers, copyright infringement cannot be argued. If you don't believe me, I can direct you to a server that has been using PGC for a year now with an American publisher.

Why has it taken almost a week so far to integrate a new CC processor company (assuming they started immediately on integrating a new processor)?

I don't think they're going for a new option. PGC doesn't care if you server is a private one or not. Chances are, some random issue popped up that made PGC halt all usage of their program for the server until the devs alleviate it. Could be a simple one or could be a bigger issue-- time isn't really a good indicator of what it could be since PGC is a bit of a slowpoke at replying to the problems (personal experience).

It would be within Trions power to halt PGC from doing Business with this pserver. We give pgc money we use there card on the pserver website which has pgc's embedded card service therefore its a loophole for trion to give PGC a C&D on doing business with the private server. But that could just be all our tin foil hats tingling who knows

Back