What's new

Should we remove/disable Gold Trader?

Should Gold Trader be removed or disabled?

• No

• Removed

• Disabled

• Other (Add your response in a reply to this thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Let's just remove all forms of making gold in game :) Seriously time to stop with this ridiculous remove gold from the game. This is fresh start the server needs gold to get the economy stirring at the beginning. Some needed changes were made that I agreed with but this idea is ludicrous.

The only reason why I suggested it is because I know it's gonna get removed eventually anyways and in my opinion at least I don't think we REALLY need Gold Trader.. There's still Halcyona Packs and Hellswamp n such etc.. Cinderstone, idk what East gets as I've never played East but I'm sure they have some decent pack runs as well or at least I'd hope so..

Again was a bad idea and I'm sorry Just happy with this server and excited as I'm sure a lot of us are and I don't wanna see the big gear gaps n such and unbalances that retail has. Sorry for caring =/

The only reason why I suggested it is because I know it's gonna get removed eventually anyways and in my opinion at least I don't think we REALLY need Gold Trader.. There's still Halcyona Packs and Hellswamp n such etc.. Cinderstone, idk what East gets as I've never played East but I'm sure they have some decent pack runs as well or at least I'd hope so..

Again was a bad idea and I'm sorry Just happy with this server and excited as I'm sure a lot of us are and I don't wanna see the big gear gaps n such and unbalances that retail has. Sorry for caring =/

It just doesn't make sense to do that in 2.9.. It was ONLY deleted on live because of the changes to the packs. >_>

nobody is mad because you care

you are wrong is the problem

So you have proof that this is why they removed Gold Trader? You can read minds? Got a dev blog link or something?
No it wasn't removed in 2.9 of course but they did remove it so it proves that there was an unbalance there..
So you have proof that this is why they removed Gold Trader? You can read minds? Got a dev blog link or something?

see what i did there?

also,
I know it's gonna get removed eventually anyways
So you have proof [...] You can read minds? Got a dev blog link or something?

Last edited:
see what i did there?

I see you took it out of context that's what you did. I was proving a point that they obviously removed it for some sort of unbalanceness.. If everything was peachy then they wouldn't of disabled gold trader so obviously something was wrong with it. The whole point was that they disabled it.

and I posted a picture directly from their forums showing that it was removed.

The difference here is one guy was saying that they removed it due to the trade pack changes.. I was simply saying that they did remove it which is a true fact they removed it. WHY they removed it I dunno but it was removed and it's in MY opinion that they removed it because it's to hard of an event/game mechanic to balance and I don't think it could ever be balanced because what would you do to prevent or limit a strong guild/faction from controlling something like Gold Trader?

If any one single entity actually controls Gold Trader uncontested then they can just as easily show up at GT with say 30 trade ships within that 2 hour limit.

30 trade ships x 22 packs each = 660 packs @ 32 gold each 21,120k gold which is even more than the 18k in DGS packs..

Seems kinda hypocritical to me people are SOOO worried about DGS and it breaking the server but what about GT? GT can be JUST as bad or worse. I understand GT might not be as impactful right away as like DGS but in due time GT will be just as bad if not worse to the economy of the server.

Yeah cause TRION/XLGames totally didnt get flamed when they removed gold trader in 3.5. That's one of the few methods of making money/open world pvp content.

Removing gold trader removes a huge aspect of contested pvp content.

I see you took it out of context that's what you did. I was proving a point that they obviously removed it for some sort of unbalanceness.. If everything was peachy then they wouldn't of disabled gold trader so obviously something was wrong with it. The whole point was that they disabled it.

The difference here is one guy was saying that they removed it due to the trade pack changes.. I was simply saying that they did remove it which is a true fact they removed it. WHY they removed it I dunno but it was removed and it's in MY opinion that they removed it because it's to hard of an event/game mechanic to balance and I don't think it could ever be balanced because what would you do to prevent or limit a strong guild/faction from controlling something like Gold Trader?

If any one single entity actually controls Gold Trader uncontested then they can just as easily show up at GT with say 30 trade ships within that 2 hour limit.

30 trade ships x 22 packs each = 660 packs @ 32 gold each 21,120k gold which is even more than the 18k in DGS packs..

Seems kinda hypocritical to me people are SOOO worried about DGS and it breaking the server but what about GT? GT can be JUST as bad or worse. I understand GT might not be as impactful right away as like DGS but in due time GT will be just as bad if not worse to the economy of the server.
Did you not read what I said? Go back and read the Trading post from Trion and realize they took out the trader BECAUSE OF THE CHANGES holy crap dude.

Did you not read what I said? Go back and read the Trading post from Trion and realize they took out the trader BECAUSE OF THE CHANGES holy crap dude.

Where does it say they did it because of the changes?? I don't see it anywhere

Please quote the exact spot where they say they did it because of the trade pack changes because I don't see it.

I see you took it out of context that's what you did.
no, not at all

I was proving a point that they obviously removed it for some sort of unbalanceness.
i still see you presenting no proof that it was removed due to it being unbalanced

If everything was peachy then they wouldn't of disabled gold trader so obviously something was wrong with it.
yeah, obviously every trion move is so obvious that it doesnt need any further explanation

The whole point was that they disabled it.
true, care enough to remind us all which update it was when the gold traded got disabled? the one this server is going to run right now? or 3.0 which is PROBABLY going to hit us "before the end of the year" ?

showing that it was removed, not showing WHY tho

the difference is, you are saying you KNOW FOR SURE it's going to get removed here as well, and that YOU KNOW it was removed due to its negative impact on whatever balance you may mean (dont make me quote you, only now you said it's YOUR OPINION and not something that is going to happen sooner or later)

im not saying you're wrong and im also not saying you're right, you're just overzealous in stating your OPINION

21bbec3c7b.png
quoting changes from live doesnt prove an inbalance within the game mechanics. Live is kind of a joke with lots of bad decisions made by the crappy players with power to make those changes. This server will be different. My experience on live doesnt give me an impression that this was a broken mechanic, infact I would say they removed it because of its lack of use. I played a good deal on Kyrios and went to the island at the very least 2 or 3 times a week, and maybe ran into a little PvP one of those trips. I doubt anyone is going to camp this every single time. And if they do, then guilds looking for PvP know where to go to find it, and they probably wont even take any packs with them, just kill the current occupants then take their spot and humbly accept the packs that others offer to them.

But maybe I am outdated and wrong... we will see. Its not like these changes cant be made after launch too. It might be too late to remedy the damage caused but it can be swiftly dealt with to stop it.

yeah, obviously every trion move is so obvious that it doesnt need any further explanation

It wasn't TRION's call they are a Publisher not the Developers and as for showing proof there is no proof.. there's no direct quote from TRION or XL Games as to why Gold Trader was removed but that's the point I was trying to make.

Sohzu saying they removed it because of the pack changes is pretty much the same as me saying they removed it due to it being unbalanced/game breaking to which it could go both ways. Maybe keeping it in was game breaking but also removing it was game breaking there's really no way to tell.

The reason why I think or in my opinion that it was removed is because it was game breaking to keep it in. I feel like if it wasn't so game breaking or unbalanced then they WOULDN'T of removed it it would still be in the game and I never specifically said it would get removed here as well I'm only guessing it will because it was removed in 3.5 who knows maybe the ArcheRage staff decide to keep Gold Trader even in 3.5

It pretty much doesn't matter how we wanna spin this cause if they removed it due to the pack changes then that's a balance problem.. if it wasn't a problem then why would they remove it? on the other hand if they didn't remove it that could of also been a balance problem.. either way why remove it? There had to of been SOME reason they they specifically removed it and generally when something is removed it's because of a balance problem otherwise why remove it? If it's working as intended why remove it? Why not have gold trader AND the new pack system?

Holy crap man, http://forums.archeagegame.com/show...enor-Eternal&p=2603981&viewfull=1#post2603981 its right there. Literally scrolled down from that screenshot you took. Thats why it was removed so they could add all of that.

YOU are ASSUMING that they removed it because of the new pack system... they don't actually say WHY they removed it.

also it wasn't TRION's call it was XL Games. If I remember actually TRION didn't wanna go through with some of these pack changes but because of how the core system works they couldn't they were forced to go with the way XL implemented them.

It wasn't TRION's call they are a Publisher not the Developers and as for showing proof there is no proof.. there's no direct quote from TRION or XL Games as to why Gold Trader was removed but that's the point I was trying to make.

Sohzu saying they removed it because of the pack changes is pretty much the same as me saying they removed it due to it being unbalanced/game breaking to which it could go both ways. Maybe keeping it in was game breaking but also removing it was game breaking there's really no way to tell.

The reason why I think or in my opinion that it was removed is because it was game breaking to keep it in. I feel like if it wasn't so game breaking or unbalanced then they WOULDN'T of removed it it would still be in the game and I never specifically said it would get removed here as well I'm only guessing it will because it was removed in 3.5 who knows maybe the ArcheRage staff decide to keep Gold Trader even in 3.5

It pretty much doesn't matter how we wanna spin this cause if they removed it due to the pack changes then that's a balance problem.. if it wasn't a problem then why would they remove it? on the other hand if they didn't remove it that could of also been a balance problem.. either way why remove it? There had to of been SOME reason they they specifically removed it and generally when something is removed it's because of a balance problem otherwise why remove it? If it's working as intended why remove it? Why not have gold trader AND the new pack system?

YOU are ASSUMING that they removed it because of the new pack system... they don't actually say WHY they removed it.

also it wasn't TRION's call it was XL Games. If I remember actually TRION didn't wanna go through with some of these pack changes but because of how the core system works they couldn't they were forced to go with the way XL implemented them.

What? Your entire argument is based on you assuming the gold trader ruins the economy. How dense are you honestly? It's black and white, they "retired" in their works on the spotlight they did on the update the gold trader and they added all that new trade junk. I don't know how this is hard to understand but damn man, you did it. No where does it say they got rid of it because it was broken or ruined anything.. If that was the case they would have done it years ago, they didn't. Only after a new system is introduced did they decide the trader wasn't needed.

HOW does Gold Trader NOT ruin the economy? How can DGS which puts 18k into the game ruin the economy but when a single guild uncontestedly controls GT and turns in 30 trade ships worth of packs equaling 21k gold NOT ruin the economy?

You understand how dumb that sounds? I don't get how everyone is all for nerfing DGS but not nerfing Gold Trader when you can make even more gold with Gold Trader??

HOW does Gold Trader NOT ruin the economy? How can DGS which puts 18k into the game ruin the economy but when a single guild uncontestedly controls GT and turns in 30 trade ships worth of packs equaling 21k gold NOT ruin the economy?

You understand how dumb that sounds? I don't get how everyone is all for nerfing DGS but not nerfing Gold Trader when you can make even more gold with Gold Trader??
Because 30 trade ships of packs cost gold to make, which goes back into the community which made the items. I see the issue, you got a sad story about losing a ship on freed don't you? :)

Because 30 trade ships of packs cost gold to make, which goes back into the community which made the items. I see the issue, you got a sad story about losing a ship on freed don't you? :)

No I've never ran trade ships to freedich I didnt do trade packs at all really I was pure PVP when I played. Used to steal packs from East ppls coming to the port at Two Crowns and Cinderstone or I swiped a lil.. like maybe $150 a month if that.

My problem with this whole thing is just keeping the balance with gear scores n such. Making sure 1 entity doesn't become to strong and completely out gear others to the point where no one can fight them because they're just to strong and then they can continue to farm uncontestedly and just keep getting better and better gear etc..

It's about keeping things fairly because if one guild or player faction gets to strong and no one can beat them then people will get discouraged and bored.. won't be able to do any end game content really.. it'll become like retail pretty much.

again I'm just trying to think of things like future wise and keep the server healthy n such because I really care and don't wanna see this server ruined.

"pure pvp" In a safe zone for you and waiting on people to stealth in? Yeah thats pvp if ive ever heard of it.

conveniently ignore me.

this is an ingame method of gold gain, rather as many of these as possible to keep the gap between paying and non paying players smaller. P2W wont be as apparent or effective on this server, but if they really are adding RNG boxes, you can bet your butt that it will most certainly still be a thing.

Back