What's new

Should we remove/disable Gold Trader?

Should Gold Trader be removed or disabled?

• No

• Removed

• Disabled

• Other (Add your response in a reply to this thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.
"pure pvp" In a safe zone for you and waiting on people to stealth in? Yeah thats pvp if ive ever heard of it.

PVP means Player vs Player technically what I was doing IS considered PVP. It might not be YOUR style of idea of PVP but it's still PVP. I did do Halcy and Mistmerrow etc.. as well n such I didn't JUST kill people for packs.

Everyone has their thing that they like.. some people prefer the smaller lil fights here n there while others prefer the huge raid battles on the ocean with gallons n stuff and fighting over Luscas or Kraken etc..

I don't like the big fights cause I find them boring. I played EVE Online for 12 years and I did enough of the big fleet battles with 500+ people and yea it just doesn't interest me. I prefer the smaller solo fights or like maybe 4-6 people ish. 3v3 areans are fun.

Anyways.. this thread is done we're getting off track now. I've given my opinions n such and you guys have expressed yours and it's clear by the votes this was a bad idea.

No point in continuing this thread we're just beating a dead horse now. Thanks for the debate and everything :D. Take care all o/

PVP means Player vs Player technically what I was doing IS considered PVP. It might not be YOUR style of idea of PVP but it's still PVP. I did do Halcy and Mistmerrow etc.. as well n such I didn't JUST kill people for packs.

Everyone has their thing that they like.. some people prefer the smaller lil fights here n there while others prefer the huge raid battles on the ocean with gallons n stuff and fighting over Luscas or Kraken etc..

I don't like the big fights cause I find them boring. I played EVE Online for 12 years and I did enough of the big fleet battles with 500+ people and yea it just doesn't interest me. I prefer the smaller solo fights or like maybe 4-6 people ish. 3v3 areans are fun.
Show me your zkill

Its cowardly PvP that could be about as hard as fighting slightly advanced AI........ but hey you do you. However seeing as the topic of this thread is dealing with world PvP without the handicap of invulnerability and guarenteed first hitting, you should probably listen to those of us who do that sort of PvP.

It is not a problem. Why:

1. It is not direct gold gain. Those packs required something. Either some gold on the AH for the materials, or labor spent to make them yourself. Two things that cost some form of resources (this is different from DGS which just directly puts gold into your pocket with very few resources spent)

2. It is counterable. This is NA, there will not be a single guild that owns all. There are lots of big names with lots of experience in the game, and most of those are split up in many different guilds. There will be plenty of conflicts of interests. No one will be able to hold the island unless a lot of people decide its not worth the effort, at which point the island is then abandoned.

3. When it inevitably is abandoned, it will be fair game for people who want to use it. Most people will simply show up and then leave as soon as their business is concluded. Thats how its gone for a long time on Live up until it was removed.

4. The PvP there is insanely fun, and early game there is no advantages outside of zerging and superior tactical play. Gear will take a while to get ahead since most people will be going for their obsidian gear and other such pieces that require very little of the marketplace. It will be mostly a balanced instance of PvP.

Also the votes have spoken, there is no reason to continue this discussion. While the DGS thread is getting serrious attention this one is being ignored, and the reason for that is pretty obvious.

Its cowardly PvP that could be about as hard as fighting slightly advanced AI........ but hey you do you. However seeing as the topic of this thread is dealing with world PvP without the handicap of invulnerability and guarenteed first hitting, you should probably listen to those of us who do that sort of PvP.

It is not a problem. Why:

1. It is not direct gold gain. Those packs required something. Either some gold on the AH for the materials, or labor spent to make them yourself. Two things that cost some form of resources (this is different from DGS which just directly puts gold into your pocket with very few resources spent)

2. It is counterable. This is NA, there will not be a single guild that owns all. There are lots of big names with lots of experience in the game, and most of those are split up in many different guilds. There will be plenty of conflicts of interests. No one will be able to hold the island unless a lot of people decide its not worth the effort, at which point the island is then abandoned.

3. When it inevitably is abandoned, it will be fair game for people who want to use it. Most people will simply show up and then leave as soon as their business is concluded. Thats how its gone for a long time on Live up until it was removed.

4. The PvP there is insanely fun, and early game there is no advantages outside of zerging and superior tactical play. Gear will take a while to get ahead since most people will be going for their obsidian gear and other such pieces that require very little of the marketplace. It will be mostly a balanced instance of PvP.

Also the votes have spoken, there is no reason to continue this discussion. While the DGS thread is getting serrious attention this one is being ignored, and the reason for that is pretty obvious.
That and our roasting of this guy. >_> lmao but yeah exactly what this guy said

Back