What's new

Something needs to be done about kraken/black dragon for the eu/asian player base.

New spawn timer for Kraken and BD. 1 month Trial

• - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Thu)

• - 12:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• - 3:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• -11:30 am Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• -3:30 pm Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Never said anything about buffing the loot it drops. I said it would create a scarcity in the items, which by itself increases the value of the loot. You and Bara are both in a rush to talk intelligently about a subject you aren't intelligent on, and it shows.

It's almost like we've asked for more slots to circumvent this problem and be able to take more head-on fights. Side note, we camp respawns on occasion even with these numbers, so nice attempt at making an excuse for your own factions short comings, again. Sorry we're fighting smarter, acknowledging out disadvantage and using it to our benefit. I think that's called strategy?

I'm... confused at this. You realize why you do bosses right? Like, are you that ignorant to the concept of killing a world boss, that the idea of the 'reward' is alien to you? You pvp over the boss, it's objective based gameplay. There's only one event in the game that exists for us to 'pvp to pvp' and that's halcy, which, guess what, we're gated on attendance!

you are gated on attendance with 20 people only, i agree on opening more slots for pirates to attend halcy, but pirates in halcy shouldn't be a competing force by any mean, they are the rubbish that helps one faction on another or just do like what you do guys go to the back lines and kill as many as you can to get the win

adding 10-15 more slots is way too much it basically returns pn but this time you dont have to worry about having a relic to defend

anyways halcy is way off topic so please cut it off

Yall talking about loot, telling it to keep it at the same time spawn it once per week and even have better loot???

Again, no one said to increase the loot.

Jerrod you're pirate, simple as that, pirate is a punishment in this game and not a player nation, so ofc you're gated and should not get upset about not having so many either

Similarly, we shouldn't be smacked on the wrist for your factions inadequacies, and other people shouldn't complain about the methods we use to fight people from an uphill perspective. Pirate also isn't a 'punishment' anymore. It's the only avenue since player nations were removed, so it's just another method of play. We don't go to jail anymore, and later on we get the pvp-oriented side of the game with sieges and those mechanics. It's the route you take if you like to do anything besides run packs.

glad at least one there is actually trying to help, but i want you to tell me how is it clear for you that everyone can make it at every Kraken/BD when we only managed to pull that number at Saturday (a weekend) i still see you all avoiding the fact that it's a weekend which is why we got that many, Kraken time is late and some could afford staying awake till 1:30 AM and then contesting it for idk 1 or 2 hours max before they are exhausted, but no one is going to make the sacrifice and stay till 3-4? AM just to try BD and idk how long it takes

In my suggestion, I said to move it to the weekend only and have it not spawn at all during week days. I said this because I know many of you have stated that you pulled that many simply because it was the weekend. Having it spawn 3 hours earlier could possibly be okay. Also the boss is only up for like 3 hours anyway. Change the despawn timer of kraken to 2 hours and everything will be fine, right?

Idk how they log off if i see people farming ehm/whm after that. Also why do i see NA players that are not in pirate faction and they're not complaining aboute time swaps, only pirate NA players :? . Yall talking about loot, telling it to keep it at the same time spawn it once per week and even have better loot??? We some kind of idiots or what that don't understand where you dragging it lol. If West/East NA players agrees on that, it just points a pure fact about your thoughts on freefarm. Simple, end of story, next time think better before writting stuff because you're expressing your inner thoughts out. Peace

There's literally only like 2-5 people from NA that have agreed. Only 2 I remember are Threeve and Bronwynn.

There's literally only like 2-5 people from NA that have agreed. Only 2 I remember are Threeve and Bronwynn.
There's more that didnt even reply on this thread. See? NA players somehow agrees on it, maybe because they're not pirate.

In my suggestion, I said to move it to the weekend only and have it not spawn at all during week days. I said this because I know many of you have stated that you pulled that many simply because it was the weekend. Having it spawn 3 hours earlier could possibly be okay. Also the boss is only up for like 3 hours anyway. Change the despawn timer of kraken to 2 hours and everything will be fine, right?
Dont see why we should make only 1 Kraken, when we can get like over the Week 3 Kraken..., then we make also only one Black Dragon?
Again, no one said to increase the loot.
Its a fact that this happen if the Loot must hold only 1 Spawn per Week.

I'm... confused at this. You realize why you do bosses right? Like, are you that ignorant to the concept of killing a world boss, that the idea of the 'reward' is alien to you? You pvp over the boss, it's objective based gameplay. There's only one event in the game that exists for us to 'pvp to pvp' and that's halcy, which, guess what, we're gated on attendance!
Yeah i know why i do Boss Mobs in this Game, but the bigger Factor then the Reward is like you say to Fight for it -> So if we would Change the Times there would be a actual fight but atm i only see nope we dont want to get big PVP Event happen at this Content. That we must fight for the Loot.

There's more that didnt even reply on this thread. See? NA players somehow agrees on it, maybe because they're not pirate.

Then they should probably reply to this thread so it doesn't seem like only 2 people of the NA player base agree. How can I "see" if they aren't actively here supporting their decision/opinion? :)

It's almost like we've asked for more slots to circumvent this problem and be able to take more head-on fights. Side note, we camp respawns on occasion even with these numbers, so nice attempt at making an excuse for your own factions short comings, again. Sorry we're fighting smarter, acknowledging out disadvantage and using it to our benefit. I think that's called strategy?
And sorry you want more Slots in Halcy and we should say yes to it? When you in every post want Standard Things and no Changes at all? Thas something i dont get!

If i would see any Opinion that make more Sense then "keep the same time (lol rofl then nothing will change hehe lol)" i would eventuall vote with yes for it

Then they should probably reply to this thread so it doesn't seem like only 2 people of the NA player base agree. How can I "see" if they aren't actively here supporting their decision/opinion? :)
Sure will do if you'll give me your thoughts about why NA non pirate players agrees on it but NA pirate players disagrees on it :)

Dont see why we should make only 1 Kraken, when we can get like over the Week 3 Kraken..., then we make also only one Black Dragon?

By all means, go ahead and make only 1 BD. I really don't care. I have already said why it should only be on the weekend and that is because most can attend on the weekend. No matter how we change timers or don't change at all, only players from NA can attend these events atm. People from EU or anywhere else cannot. So then change it to a day where people can afford to stay up or do whatever to possibly attend.

If the timer is changed earlier during the weekdays, a ton of NA players will not be able to attend. If it is not changed at all, anyone but NA will be not able to attend so find the middle ground which is the weekend and change the timer by just a bit so it is fair for all.

Sure will do if you'll give me your thoughts about why NA non pirate players agrees on it but NA pirate players disagrees on it :)

Giving you my thoughts achieves nothing but having those players comment on the forums helps your cause. Get them to contribute or don't. Either way, if they don't, it just makes it seem like only a handful want this change, lmao.

We will never get a real Solution to this Topic. We will find a middle way and thats hits Everyone in a good or a bad way.

So @jerrod wants only 1 Kraken,1 Black Dragon on Saturday to Prime Time with no Change at all but with increased value of the Bosses --> Sleep Time EU/China
@bae think wants the same but is a better Person because she makes better ideas with solutions -> Like if we move it a bit earlier but it will also take much time to kill and contest it and after is Black Dragon -> So still not a good option that People dont must stay awake until 4-5AM

Even when we said after Halcy 1-2H later this could fit for EU,NA , China i must ask Hasaiki if he is on, and NA Pirates or not? And so we dont Reduce the frequenc of the Event and could keep it 3 Times in the Week with good PVP and People.

My guess is the don’t have a job or go to school or are already on the losing side so they don’t care if they can make it or not so they are pitching for their friends.

Last edited:
So @jerrod wants only 1 Kraken,1 Black Dragon on Saturday to Prime Time with no Change at all but with increased value of the Bosses --> Sleep Time EU/China
@bae think wants the same but is a better Person because she makes better ideas with solutions -> Like if we move it a bit earlier but it will also take much time to kill and contest it and after is Black Dragon -> So still not a good option that People dont must stay awake until 4-5AM

This whole block of text needs to immortalized somewhere in game, for the love of god.

Her solution is the EXACT SAME THING as my solution, just moved back on that single day. L2Read

Even when we said after Halcy 1-2H later this could fit for EU,NA , China i must ask Hasaiki if he is on, and NA Pirates or not? And so we dont Reduce the frequenc of the Event and could keep it 3 Times in the Week with good PVP and People.

The only way it could work after early halcy is if it is on the weekend. This is not a possible time for NA people during the week day. For me, personally, if it is directly after early halcy, that would be at 12pm for me. If it is 2 hours later, that's still too early. PST people would still be at work or school and EST people would just barely be getting off of work.

It could be possible on the weekend if the majority of NA players agree but I still think it should only be once on the weekend or perhaps both on Saturday and Sunday. If it had to be on a week day, I would only suggest one day since again, NA players will not be able to attend.

Quite frankly, I only agree with having it on the weekend or no change at all.

What about changing timers on weekends for the EU community? BD spawning at 4pm EST on Sunday and Kraken at 4pm EST on saturday?

Because of the time, we only get to do TWT once a week. so it would be the same thing for you guys. Sounds fair imo.

Last edited:
To be clear i was in favor of more people being able to play in general that were EU for all players West,East , and Pirate.

Jerrod made a good point about the server being advertised as NA could be miss leading with a change. Jerrod is also right about the amount of people we can get for Kraken is 70-80 for both West and East. 120 at Halcy is true but a misleading amount of people ready to pvp in an effective manner so many of those players would not show for a 3hr BD.

I like Bae's idea about the weekend that could be interesting.

At the end of the day i think West and East need to accept that we casually pvp or change by putting in more effort to make shit happen.

The truth is if West or East wants top tier content then we have to be dedicated to it. I know that can be difficult for many with irl stuff but we need to pick a lane because we cant be both casual and dedicated.

im really against idea of making 1 kraken/black dragon a week especially when this idea coming from the people that free farmed kraken for months upon months without saying a single word

and when people talked about wanting to change timers or do something to make it more accessible to people that couldn't attend before, suddenly this idea of making only 1 kraken/black dragon a week came out from this group that kept free farming it for months,

for me i see it's like they are ensuring to keep locking those boss items away from people as much as they can to stay in advantage, it's just so selfish idea and just benefiting this one group of people to stay in big advantage over everyone else

if any of them really cared about pvp and being actually contested this idea was gonna be proposed long ago but since it was just benefiting this group of people they kept quiet about it until now which is just some serious hypocrisy

What about changing timers on weekends for the EU community? BD spawning at 4pm EST on Sunday and Kraken at 4pm EST on saturday?

Because of the time, we only get to do TWT once a week. so it would be the same thing for you guys. Sounds fair imo.

this argument is just wrong since TWT have different spawn mechanics unlike kraken/bd which is fixed spawn time which cant be compared in any kind of way.

why pirates is getting twt once a week if any is because the timer was pushed out of their prime time and they are unable to contest either of the factions on it
and for that reason also im against the idea of making similar spawn mechanics to the kraken/bd since it can be used to exclude a group of people completely from that event.

this thread is about making those type of events more accessible to as many people as possible to have full experience of what this game has to offer.

why pirates is getting twt once a week if any is because the timer was pushed out of their prime time and they are unable to contest either of the factions on it

If by "pushed" you mean that a server issue caused the twt to be up when the server resetted, which coincidentaly was during the morning, yeah sure. It's not like anyone came to contest us at reset time and pvp'd twt out of our prime time.
if any of them really cared about pvp and being actually contested this idea was gonna be proposed long ago but since it was just benefiting this group of people they kept quiet about it until now which is just some serious hypocrisy
what you are proposing is pushing these bosses to a time where only 5 to 6 pirates will be able to show up. why would we propose something that made showing up to bosses literally impossible?

Back