What's new

Stat migration affecting Sparring Arena stats.

Should migrated stats affect Sparring Arena stats?

• Total voters

Einaer

When thinking about the Sparring arena as "balanced", most would say it's not balanced at all. Certain classes excel, solely due to the way the class is designed. But what if it wasn't even balanced between people with the same class and skills? That's what stat migration is causing.

ScreenShot0036.jpg ScreenShot0034.jpg
This is a comparison between me and a friend entering sparring with the same class and same skills. Only thing different is the stat migration.

I've spoken to administration and gotten the answer that this is intended, for whatever reason.
I've also talked to the #1 and #3 players on the sparring leader boards. Both agree that it shouldn't be a thing.
Vexzus agreeing.PNGBiksy agreeing.PNG

Your changes outside of sparring shouldn't have any effect inside the arena, otherwise it's not even balanced in that regard. :(
Please vote on the poll if you think migration stats should affect sparring stats.
Finally if you have any reason as to why they should, please let me know, I'd love to hear it.:D

Last edited:
also want to point out a fact about the same subject: stat migration
I am not able to talk to the evenbard to buy the boosts scroll, since i am also member of a PN and hes keeps traying to attack me -.-

also want to point out a fact about the same subject: stat migration
I am not able to talk to the evenbard to buy the boosts scroll, since i am also member of a PN and hes keeps traying to attack me -.-
Doesn't have that much to do with the thread, but have you tried the ones in Ynystere/Sanddeep. They're on neutral ground so should be neutral to all.

The ability to enter balanced arenas with migrated stats is an oversight in the design of the balanced arena.
You shouldn't be able to enter arenas with migrated stats however I do not know at this time if its possible to makes someones migration points go to 0 during arenas

Such change will be very time consuming and complicated but most likely possible, however, what we were able to find, it was made intentionally from the very beginning by XL. Due to it we think such change should be made, only if many players want it to be done.

Such change will be very time consuming and complicated but most likely possible, however, what we were able to find, it was made intentionally from the very beginning by XL. Due to it we think such change should be made, only if many players want it to be done.
Not quite sure if this whole "voting" thing is getting anywhere.
But I'll ask you this, even if it's intended by the "all knowing gods" xl, can you, or anyone in the admin/dev team give me a good reason as to why migrated stats should count, other than "It's hard to undo"?

Last edited:
Sure is taking a while to come up with a reason. Whatever it ends up to be, I bet it's a really smart and well-thought out one.

Back