What's new

Suggestion to fix the land problem that drives away so many new players

Look im done arguing this point I'll record the same sites going bye bye and then im done. I'm not wasting anymore of my time after that, it takes like an hour and a half to upload a two minute video to youtube just because you let your property's go with in 3 days of demo then pay them doesn't mean every one is doing the same thing. There were plenty of spots I had my eye on in the first week that I started going demo around my 8x8 but i couldn't be around to try and grab them all have gone demo and changed owners i dont really know how else to put it to you. The players that cant find land that you are trying to please are the same ones that will quit because they can't find a party for a dungeon or can't obtain a piece of armor/weapon two minutes after logging in, you can't please everyone especially the ones that create problems out of thin air

Ppl with multiple accs holding land w solars/lunars/stellars - "Yo ! Dont make no change to unbind them taxes from p2w farms"

ppl with few dozen lands ,or whatever - "Yo i swiped hard for this u increase tax cost on marketplace ima out"

f2p ppl with up to dozen lands that funnel most labor into paying taxes - "You increase labor cost for tax craft, gotta increase tax cost on marketplace"

newbies be like - lemme just place this 8x8 somewhere

impo3_522923.jpg

I will totally agree there is a ton of aqua farm space. And Bungalow. Also I believe you when you say you find land "in demo" all over. I believe I explained why that is the case. I am one of the richest people on the server. I don't have my eye set on any land. I have more than I can handle. Im literally trying to find a way to get rid of my Growlgate Treehouse but because they arent certable its ridic hard to sell even though its a PRIME spot.
If you kit it and replace it down you can cert sell CS treehouses

I saw a suggestion (dunno if it was in this thread or somewhere else) that suggested adding lumber and stone to the cost of crafting tax certs. I honestly think that's a pretty good way to deal with this issue. Players that have lots of land and are using it to make money will have no issue with paying for the lumber and stone. Land barons that just hold their land for the hell of it and never log in will have to resort to crypto and selling credits just to keep the property. Doing this will also improve the lumber and stone market and give those materials more of a use.

If a change to the tax cert recipe is implemented I think it would be a good idea to also delete the current tax certs or make it so they are different from the newly crafted ones. This will prevent people from maxing out their properties with the current certs after the changes have been made. Of course there should be a turn in on Mirage for something like labor potions or something so the players that have a large amount of tax certs don't just get screwed over completely.

I saw a suggestion (dunno if it was in this thread or somewhere else) that suggested adding lumber and stone to the cost of crafting tax certs. I honestly think that's a pretty good way to deal with this issue. Players that have lots of land and are using it to make money will have no issue with paying for the lumber and stone. Land barons that just hold their land for the hell of it and never log in will have to resort to crypto and selling credits just to keep the property.

Terrible idea. You explained why it's terrible in your post - legitimate players will have their resources taken away from them, while RMT/P2W players will just pay a bit more and not care about it at all.

Terrible idea. You explained why it's terrible in your post - legitimate players will have their resources taken away from them, while RMT/P2W players will just pay a bit more and not care about it at all.

I disagree. I think we can find a price balance that requires more than just labor to pay for land that works for everyone. Legit players will pay for their land and it will be fine. The intent of this is to deter barons and people that quit the game from holding tons of land that they aren't using but can easily keep due to labor rates on the server since that is all they need to pay it off. Even if they didn't have labor, they can purchase tax creds from MP like most barons in Official do, especially during early game. If we want more land to open up, we need more deterrent for holding so much land and I believe that other high supply mats will be a good way to help this and improve the demand for that item.

If P2w/Rmt pay a bit more, thats their choice and at least they are active enough to continue spending money. The most freed land will come from those that cant just login, craft tax certs, pay up, and log off until next time, as well as those with so much land they can't possibly use it all and the addition in price makes holding it more of a liability rather than a free asset to hold.

What you guys fail to understand is the land that is hogged will just get hogged by the next guy in line all this is going to achieve is hurt the littlle guy the prices are fine the way they are if anything there should be a check say if you dont plant on land for (insert time here) then your incur a massive tax fine all the actives will be fine, and well who cares about what land squaters think

If someone wants to pay real money to be a douche and purposely take up land and not use it then that's of their own volition. However right now nothing is stopping people from just logging in once a month and prepaying 5 weeks because tax certs cost literally nothing. We do not pay for patron on this server so there is literally no cost for these people to just hold properties and not play. There is also no mention of legitimate players having anything taken from them. The mats I suggested are very common in game and have very little use as of now. Including lumber and stone in the crafting of certs will not only make them more useful in game and provide more ways for players to make money but it will also prevent those who just craft certs to prepay and horde land, not play.

I personally have no problem if someone is a land baron. The way they obtained the land doesn't matter to me either (excluding hacks). If the land is getting used it shouldn't matter. The biggest problem I see with people is not being able to find an open plot of land anywhere and just quit because they refuse to work to purchase a piece of land. There are ways of making money in this game without a property but a lot of these people that are complaining don't want to put in the effort.

What you guys fail to understand is the land that is hogged will just get hogged by the next guy in line. All this is going to achieve is hurt the littlle guy. The prices are fine the way they are. If anything there should be a check; say if you dont plant on land for (insert time here) then your incur a massive tax fine all the actives will be fine, and well who cares about what land squaters think

Even if a massive tax fine is in place people could just plant 1 potato seed and milk the system that way. Or they could just put more of an effort into logging in more often, crafting more certs and not caring about the increase in taxes. (not to mention I have no idea how they would have a system to monitor if something is being planted on a property or not). If someone wants to be that big of an asshat at no cost to them other than time, they will be more willing to do it but if it requires them to play the game or spend real money to hold up land then they might not want to put in the effort and their properties could become forfeit.

The little guys are already being hurt as it is because there are very little plots of land for sale. I think the little guys would rather be hurt a little by having to pay for being able to own a property than have very little chance of owning one in the first place.

Last edited:
If someone wants to pay real money to be a douche and purposely take up land and not use it then that's of their own volition. However right now nothing is stopping people from just logging in once a month and prepaying 5 weeks because tax certs cost literally nothing. We do not pay for patron on this server so there is literally no cost for these people to just hold properties and not play. There is also no mention of legitimate players having anything taken from them. The mats I suggested are very common in game and have very little use as of now. Including lumber and stone in the crafting of certs will not only make them more useful in game and provide more ways for players to make money but it will also prevent those who just craft certs to prepay and horde land, not play.

I personally have no problem if someone is a land baron. The way they obtained the land doesn't matter to me either (excluding hacks). If the land is getting used it shouldn't matter. The biggest problem I see with people is not being able to find an open plot of land anywhere and just quit because they refuse to work to purchase a piece of land. There are ways of making money in this game without a property but a lot of these people that are complaining don't want to put in the effort.
Then your biggest problem is no longer a problem because there is plenty of land around.

The biggest problem I see with people is not being able to find an open plot of land anywhere and just quit because they refuse to work to purchase a piece of land.

But by your own logic, they could just P2W and buy the land (since you want to make people who already have land P2W to keep it).

Then your biggest problem is no longer a problem because there is plenty of land around.
I should clarify that by stating my problem is with the people's mentality towards the lack of land. There is land for sale, but not always in the prime locations. People see that, whine about it and quit. There is going to be no pleasing these people. But yes, my biggest problem would disappear because the people are hording land but never play wouldn't be holding the land anymore and it would be available to those who could use it. That's why I'm making this suggestion.

But by your own logic, they could just P2W and buy the land (since you want to make people who already have land P2W to keep it).

If you think people paying an extra 100 gold a month or whatever it would turn out to be to keep a property is P2W then you are silly. This is not a fix all solution, however, it would help deal with the current issue of land being horded by people not playing the game. If you incur some sort of gold sink to owning property then the players that do not play have no way of holding the land other than throwing real money at the game just to hold it. Some people might do it, but it is very unlikely that everyone will.

If you think people paying an extra 100 gold a month or whatever it would turn out to be to keep a property is P2W then you are silly.

If it's such a trivial cost, what would it accomplish in the first place? Do you really think this would discourage your hypothetical "land barons" in any way?

And why can't people who want land and don't have the time or will to find expiring plots just get 350g and buy it?

If it's such a trivial cost, what would it accomplish in the first place? Do you really think this would discourage your hypothetical "land barons" in any way?

I just bullshitted a cost based off of the current price of leather and stone. The cost would be up to admins to decide. If you own enough property to where the costs outweigh the rewards then it would be in your best interest to drop the things that are costing you money.

As far as "hypothetical land barons" go. I own land in Windscour and Solzreed. I see empty plots that never get planted all over the place. These lands should be available to those who would actually use it. Even if all the property isn't owned by one person there is still a lot of unused properties. Implementing a cost other than labor to own a property would cause these people to lose their land. There needs to be some sort of monetary cost to owning land. Patron is free and we have double the labor generation. Add on the three labor pots a day from the stipends and you have a large amount of labor earned a day. Increasing the amount of certs is going to do nothing to the land barons. However if land were to start costing them money, there would be the possibility of them dropping or selling the extra land.

And why can't people who want land and don't have the time or will to find expiring plots just get 350g and buy it?

I'm not one of these people so I cannot answer that question. If I had to guess is it would come down to them not wanting to do anything other than what they desire to use the plot for (killing mobs, processing etc.), they would like to avoid having to illegal farm or just don't want to or do not have the means to throw a bit of cash at the game and sell the credits to buy the land. It could also come down to them being picky and wanting property in a prime spot other than just actually having land.

Last edited:
I'm not one of these people so I cannot answer that question. If I had to guess is it would come down to them not wanting to do anything other than what they desire to use the plot for (killing mobs, processing etc.), they would like to avoid having to illegal farm or just don't want to or do not have the means to throw a bit of cash at the game and sell the credits to buy the land. It could also come down to them being picky and wanting property in a prime spot other than just actually having land.
Those people wont stick around on the server anyway so there is no use trying to please them if they can't find land now they have some issues if they expect land in prime location sorry it will never happen even with land hogers gone there will be just the next guy and your quiters will still quit. So my question is why change anything for the people that dont put the time in to get land who will just turn around and quit anyway because they can't get (insert whatever here) within 2-3 days of joining the server

In fairness, I have noticed a lot of land up for sale. So there is land to be had, maybe not in prime areas but, everyone needs to start somewhere.

Land for sale does not help new players. The fact that land is being sold from land grabers is the issue and till this is stopped this server is not going to make it. I had several people join with me and after a week they said "nope same problem here as with the official servers how can they not have fixed this yet". Now they don't play so there goes an entire guild of new players poof.

I don't really understand the problem with land there are farms going demo almost everyday if you want land go look for it I got my 16x16 week and a half after starting on this server sure its on the enemy side but hey at least no one can steal my stuff anymore.

LOL if you have to go to the enemies lands to get land you have found the issue how can you not understand that? Simple fact new players means people that don't know enemy lands and wont get that far before leaving.

I have 10 lands and i bought them all, 3 gazebos for 1k+ gold each, i demo one and build upgraded farmhouse, i think new players are just to lazy for look for land or to buy it, one 16x16 is selling next to my gazebo in arcum iris for 300g cheap af, everyday i see land for sale, so i dont know why new players cant find land.

Want to see the problem here its simple give away your account and start a new one with nothing then try again. Don't get anything from friends you know already start with nothing and use nothing to get land and see how it goes. Good luck LOL

I had several people join with me and after a week they said "nope same problem here as with the official servers how can they not have fixed this yet". Now they don't play so there goes an entire guild of new players poof.

Why couldn't they have pooled their money together and bought one family plot, then another the next day, then another the next day, and in a week they'd all have at least one land?

Because new players don't have money :p

New players by default don't have anything, the gameplay largely consists of gathering resources to spend on stuff that lets you gather more resources. If you're pushing for this, can you please push for a free 7k GS for me, I'll make a new character for it if I must.

Want to see the problem here its simple give away your account and start a new one with nothing then try again. Don't get anything from friends you know already start with nothing and use nothing to get land and see how it goes. Good luck LOL

There are 16x16 plots expiring and people literally giving away demos every day as people have already explained. There are many things you can do to get money to buy land, that costs as low as 300-350g for a 16x16. A single celestial obsidian armor piece for example costs almost 5 times as much. Will this be the next free thing to push for?

Back