What's new

Time for a new server.

Do you think ArcheRage should open a second NA server?

• Heck, YES! Bring it!

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Oh, H3LL to the NO!

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Communion

Land is gone and doesn't seem to be letting up. AND with Gamigo coming in and officially killing the regular game. I think it's time for another server. What say you?

why would you even consider opening another NA server. if at all it'd have to be european.
when people see empty land they claim the server is dead, when it's taken they want to open a new one, hello ?
earn your gold and buy the land. the server has a healthy population and capacity for more.

catching up is also very possible. if that's gonna be your argument of why another server should open up then let me say this:
those who are far ahead of new players now will be far ahead on the new server too. the fact that another server opens up doesn't change the hours certain people put into the game. you'll always stay behind if you don't commit to it and you'll never catch up if you do so.

why would you even consider opening another NA server. if at all it'd have to be european.
when people see empty land they claim the server is dead, when it's taken they want to open a new one, hello ?
earn your gold and buy the land. the server has a healthy population and capacity for more.

catching up is also very possible. if that's gonna be your argument of why another server should open up then let me say this:
those who are far ahead of new players now will be far ahead on the new server too. the fact that another server opens up doesn't change the hours certain people put into the game. you'll always stay behind if you don't commit to it and you'll never catch up if you do so.

I really can't make heads or tails of your rant. I think you're presuming to think what argument I'd make. Quite presumptuous indeed. Pretty much the diatribe of a typical PvP player. I know it may surprise you, but many of us are simple PvE players who could care less how geared any other player is. Does that clear it up for you?

Hmm... land's only filled up really in the past two weeks after the course of a very nice year. Every once in a while, someone suggests another server for one reason or another. I'm sure there may be some who would agree, but most of us are good right here :)

I really can't make heads or tails of your rant. I think you're presuming to think what argument I'd make. Quite presumptuous indeed. Pretty much the diatribe of a typical PvP player. I know it may surprise you, but many of us are simple PvE players who could care less how geared any other player is. Does that clear it up for you?

Welcome to a populated ArcheRage Server.. .this is how the game is suppose to work. People who got here first get the land, don't come here late and cry that there's no land available and suggest we make a new server for people who are unwilling to invest in the server that's running and has been running very healthy for over a year now. Stop your crying, invest in the server, and become a person we'd all like to have here. Thanks

Communion I'm the same as you, I too am a PvE player (to be honest, I have no idea what my gear score is because I'm not interested in combat). But I have to disagree with you about opening another server.

Over the past couple of months the server has been very quiet and the economy suffering. Carebears like me have been worried and complaining about how hard it was to sell stuff on the AH. But since the fall of Trion, we've had an influx of new players. The server is alive again! It's wonderful! Stuff is flying out of the AH and carebears are making a fortune :)

ArcheAge is a game that thrives on a healthy population. Especially for carebears, we need other players as our customers. If they opened another server, the population would split and both servers would suffer because of the decreased population.

But I understand where you're coming from, it must be hard for new players who can't find any land. Unfortunately, at this point in the game, you're going to have to buy it from other players. But this isn't as bad as it seems.

Because the demand in the AH is so high, it's really easy to make gold at the moment. So this is what I suggest, explore the map and look for some good spots to plant some 'hidden' farms. Don't plant long growing crops (like trees) stick to quick growing crops (cause there's much less chance of having them stolen).

It's actually quite fun, it becomes a cat & mouse type game. People hunting for your crops and you trying to outsmart them. It's one of the most exciting things we carebears get to experience ;).

Anyway, best of luck.

i don't know what makes you consider it a rant.
we see these threads every month and i neither can make heads or tails of why anybody would split the population into 2.
fresh start killed retail for many players. all it does is milk out money from the people that will cash a ton to get a headstart.
3 months later everything is the same as on legacy. land is all taken, gear gap became high, alliances form and certain guilds/nations dominate the server. new servers fix literally nothing and all they do is lower the population for the people that spent hundreds of hours on the old servers and now find themselves on a less alive one, while giving you casual players a few months of feeling like you can achieve something by playing 2 hours a day.

I am personally a EU player, so it would be pretty cool if they would open a server for these people too. I can understand the worries about the ah but, you could lay the ah's togehther for both servers so there would be more auctions in there. It's also better to have 2 servers because there would be more land that could be claimed and if normal ArcheAge really shuts down there wouldn't be a problem with population I think.

What do you think about this?

Hi ya ,I'm an eu player but I wouldn't move to a new server as much as there is I would love to change here (the list would be long) the land is there my guild mates keep finding demos you just need to look for it .

you could lay the ah's togehther for both servers so there would be more auctions in there. It's also better to have 2 servers because there would be more land that could be claimed and if normal ArcheAge really shuts down there wouldn't be a problem with population I think.

What do you think about this?

Splitting the population would do nothing but HURT the game the way it is now. Howcome people can't see that? Let's say, for arguments sake, that they do open another server. Everyone's NOT going to go over there, maybe a few of the players will, the one's crying about land. Now how are you going to do content, GR / CR / Auroria etc... at least you got land now though, right? It's going to become impossible for the EU server to thrive the way it would on the normal server. You know, the one that has been going strong for, oh hell idk, the last year. The arguments that people make to try to justify opening a new server is down right ridiculous.

All i hear is "There's no land. I WANT LAND." - Well here's a good solution to your problem. Stop being lazy, go out there and get it. There's plenty of land opening up all over the place if you go and look for it outside of the peace zones and hell, even a lot of land is falling in peace zones. Then you get the comment "I dont want to live in a combat zone" - then i rest my case, you were never willing to invest in the game to begin with. You can save up money and buy land from a player in a safe zone you want, you can case the area's you want to live in, you can go get a spot right now in any of the war zones easily and you can save your money till you find something that better suits you. We do not need to open a new server to cater to the people who are moving over here when most of them knew about this server over a year ago when it was announced but instead they got all salty talking about how this server's a scam and they're going to destroy us when trion figures it out and all this garbage.

Welcome to ArcheRage - You've been given a hell of a lot of items to get you started, way more than any of us ever had when we first got here. Don't think for a second the community would allow a new server to take away from the good one we already have running.

@Sparkle
Can you close this thread please, thank you.

I doubt there is a need of another NA server, but there is a need for a EU server. The EU fans have nowhere to play. The RU or the NA server is not an option (language problem, ping problem).

There is not going to be any new server introduced and neither is there plans to consider opening another server. That is the end of it

I doubt there is a need of another NA server, but there is a need for a EU server. The EU fans have nowhere to play. The RU or the NA server is not an option (language problem, ping problem).

That's a "you" problem - not a server problem. We have germans playing / br's playing / eu's playing / na's playing - if you can't play here, that's your problem, no one elses. Hope this helps.

We don't appreciate the idea of constant fresh starts and still have a lot to develop on the already existing server. We don't think it's time for the new server.
Closing this thread due to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back