How do I fix this situation?

• Get a jerb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wat do

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Megas

Hello!

I've been trying to download the client since Friday following a merry adventure delving into the depths of this amazing piece of software, trying to get my high back on in game... Unfortunately, this won't do, said the 420 dudes of gaming who I made up, you just won't play soon enough, son.

Rant aside, I've been stuck in my man-cave since Friday trying to reinstall the game on the best new ssd and have encountered almost every single listed install and run client problem on this forum under technical support.

Here's my rig basic info:
Windows 7 Prof. N edition
all hail.png

Here's a case problem with the direct download:
client problem case 1.png

Here's a drive error check: (yes, AHCI is on)
debug chapter 2.png

TL;DR
Kindly, please check whether torrent download options are viable currently.

Encountered heavy data corruption and instability.

Both download options merit the same problem arrays. Is it possible since the Friday server crash, something of someone corrupted the relevant files?

To elaborate: direct download usually fails 1 hour into the download, torrent route fails on average 2 mins and 32 s in. The solution for the torrent route I'm attempting, is to close and reopen the bittorrent client over and over and over again. Eventually, today, I managed to ensure the download completes.

Upon launching the included setup file, I get this - once more:

why oh why.png

Please help me reinstall this majestic game and ease my troubles with some feedback. :'(
I hope the files are ok and this thing is a problem just on my side.

Darn, it was a directory conflict!

Setup extracting fine now!
Hope it works once finished this time around...

now this.png
that is one sick puppy; got the launcher to start after a reboot and now it has decided to download files?
Am I missing something here?

Please confirm the following:
Did you use Direct Download or Torrent?
What installation path did you use?
How much free space on the disk you installed it to do you have?

Did you use Direct Download or Torrent?

Both. Torrent now.

What installation path did you use?

Torrent Download: F:\torrent download\ArcheRage.to NA Setup 3.0.3

Launcher Install Dir: F:\ArcheRage NA

How much free space on the disk you installed it to do you have?

~200GB of free space (fresh volume, formatted before download & installation)

current space info.png

At the Torrent installation, did you get any errors?

At first there was an extracting error which was due to directory conflicts. Resolved by clearing dir install path and restarting the wizard.
Install then progressed to extract phase.

During extract phase, an error post stated an I/O error. Retried same install and got the same error message a second time.
At this point the "ArcheRage NA" desktop shortcut appeared and I could start the launcher and it then initiated a files download.

So far the download resulted in the message: "Repair process failed". According to other posts on this forum, a restart of the launcher solves this issue and so it has for me.

I will continue to relaunch the application after each "Repair process failed" message until the "Play" button is enabled.

Last edited:
Repair process failed relaunched a couple times now and each time it deletes then restarts the download.

Giving this route up, are there any other options I could try?

Are source files corrupted server-side?

Last edited by a moderator:
Other players have no issues with Torrent download and installation, that proves that issue is on your side.
Try to download game directly to the Disk, not to the Program Files folder. Also when you start a launcher "Run as Administrator".

Note previous posts.
download game directly to the Disk, not to the Program Files folder
I stated install and download directories earlier.
Launcher Install Dir: F:\ArcheRage NA
"Run as Administrator"
Client cannot start without admin privileges by design.

So far, I've done just about everything a couple dozen times and I don't see the point in ranting on a forum.
Each time some error comes up. The only conclusion I got is that something keeps corrupting files somehow.

Log for today:
Used Transmission torrent client on Linux Mint to download all game files thru torrent with success and 100% file integrity.
Copied files over to gaming rig.
Reformatted the drive before starting installation once more.
Two errors during install - used Retry. (I/O error. Retry. I/O error. Retry. Successful install.)
Game starts: "Failed to read game data".
Used repair a few times and waited. Same error.
Reinstalled. Same error.

Concluded: something is corrupting the data during install.

Possible resolution: it should not be downloaded and installed to the same drive directory.

Will now try install method: drive - drive.

Salvaged an older unused SSD, fixed some firmware problems with it, benchmarked it and installed the game to it.
Works fine just not as smooth as I had hoped (r/w speed is 20% lower than the problematic drive).
No more problems encountered so far and it is now confirmed that all problems in this thread were not related to game or torrent problems.
It was helpful in troubleshooting nonetheless.
Contacted support regarding faulty drive.
Thanks for your help! :)

Back