What's new

Treasure Hunter Request

Bofur

I've spent a considerable amount of time fishing with the advanced fishing mechanic on Freedich Island, I've opened well over 2000 Big Belly Fish and don't tend on stopping just want to go over a few things I've noticed.

First off treasure maps can have the same EXACT coordinates as one another:
https://gyazo.com/016e307aac745522b1ba254bec896004

I've yet to confirm if this can happen with different grades of maps but I am constantly looking for pairs.

Next would be that Treasures have their own predetermined loot tables with little variance.

For Example Rare Treasure Maps Always Drop:
Black Pearl
Unidentified Gale Lunarite
Sunlight, Starlight or, Moonlight Archeum Crystal.
with a RARE chance to drop:
Book of Auroria

Arcane Treasure Maps Always Drop:
Black Pearl
Sunlight, Starlight, or Moonlight Archeum Crystal
Book of Auroria
(1-3)Mana Wisps

Heroic
Black Pearl
Sunlight, Starlight, or Moonlight Archeum Essence
Book of Auroria
(1-3)Mana Wisps
Ayanad Scroll Design.

My request is to change the loot tables so it isn't so predictable. I don't want to see anything broken added into treasure hunting so its the best money making method. Just something to make it feel more random, for example adding Random Illustrious weapons into the loot table. Maybe even a bit of Gold; Something that a pirate would hide in a chest on land :D.

Certainly something interesting. I'll take a better look into this to see what's Potentially possible. For now it shall remain as it is until further notice.
it would be cool to put growling yawl scraps in the heroic
Yawl fragments are a mob only drop and shall stay as that.

Certainly something interesting. I'll take a better look into this to see what's Potentially possible. For now it shall remain as it is until further notice.

Yawl fragments are a mob only drop and shall stay as that.
Thanks!
I appreciate if the drops could have a little more randomness to them. Almost feels unrewarding to get the same stuff with only one variance.

Agreed. The concept of treasure maps is cool. Grinding out a dozen maps feels too predictable. Maybe have them drop blank canvas too /s hehe

Back