What's new

Unpopular Opinion - Housing and Taxes

I think hes talking about Ahnimar and Rockala (probably spelled them wrong), which come with 3.0

oh no ,im not talking about Ahnimar, im talking about opening new space on existing NUIA zones, since 99% is closed

it is possible, only matters if devs wills it

saw those little random patches of properties ,things like those

If i'm not mistaken don't we already have those? I know for a fact on East there used to be an area where you could ONLY place farms on. Was that gotten rid of, it used to be in Falcorth - where (in 3.5) the community center was.

Those temporary scarecrow zones were disabled quite a few patches ago. And the major zone in gweonid specifically was changed into a public farm. Those areas used to be able to facilitate tons and tons of 8x8's. Which honestly if you think about it....doesn't really make much sense...

Those temporary scarecrow zones were disabled quite a few patches ago. And the major zone in gweonid specifically was changed into a public farm. Those areas used to be able to facilitate tons and tons of 8x8's. Which honestly if you think about it....doesn't really make much sense...

Its like its some secret plan of each publisher to create land scarcity ,even though there are tons of solutions xD

Now on nuia.. well ,i just cant describe how truly sad it is, not being cynical, newbies are using that 8x8 given to them ,and while they wait for things there to mature ,they go and plant in the wilds, they use last of their silver to plant flowers and cheap stuff

and than i while exploring stumble upon dozens of marks of stolen or most likely uprooted things size of aprox 16x16 they dont have.

Sometimes i find them while they plant, and they panic, jumping around me and asking me to please not ruin their crops, i just walk away.

:eek::oops:

I can make 1000g a day farming legitimately with 4 hours or so of farming. I know it's a rare exception, but it's very possible. Land should never be an issue if you establish income.

Essentially, to the OP:

Take a good look at the Auction House. See how much time you can spend online and how to best use your labour. Find a commodity people want and that you can make good money on without land. Right now, Iron Ingots are pretty hot, at 24g per 100. All you have to do is find a good spot with some iron veins and mine away. You'll also get a lot of Raw Stone, which always sells really well for a basic material.

A day or two of toiling away and you'll have made enough money to pay for a 16x16, for sure. Don't be too picky on the location of the first one and plan ahead for the climate and what you want to grow.

Expand from there.

Here is a pro tip for getting any land size you want in 24 hours

1) Buy pack materials (chopped produce + apples)
2) Faction chat for a freighter rental service
3) Pay 20 gold per run or 15 gold and you drive
4) Profit as you make over 100 gold per 15mins
5) Buy land .........

You only have to run packs for 2 hours and 22 hours waiting for payment, congratulations you just made 800 gold for 2 hours work.

Here is a pro tip for getting any land size you want in 24 hours

1) Buy pack materials (chopped produce + apples)
2) Faction chat for a freighter rental service
3) Pay 20 gold per run or 15 gold and you drive
4) Profit as you make over 100 gold per 15mins
5) Buy land .........

You only have to run packs for 2 hours and 22 hours waiting for payment, congratulations you just made 800 gold for 2 hours work.

Except:
15 min run will not generate 15 gold/pack = you will not get 100 +20 gold. Normal packs in short trade is low income.

or IF You are right who the hell will rent high-end haulers to get 20 gold instead of doing run and get 100-120 gold.

there are near 0 lands in trades. But good luck!

Now this is quite inaccurate. If you dear player chose to find empty space on the safe zones you are wrong. Yesterday I put 2 16x16 farms one 16x16 house and one 24x24 house just because I got off my confort zone and try to figure it out where it will be space(PvP zone). Stop wasting time and think wide. Stop being lazy and think for a second this game is made to be a real challenge.( Cash shop or not, bills are bills and it's the only way to help you and the comunity.) If you are too farm make a plan and go for it, get in a guild say that you can make money by doing that(action house needs more of everything) make tradepacks for you and them and make a profit.

next week we should see some land also open up for those who jumped on the hype train but then jumped off the next day, i see a few 28x28 ready to demo next Saturday, after that the land economy will change again like it always does in archeage

Does ban remove farms and houses of banned player? If the answer is not here's easy way to give us more lands. Remove this farms/lands and don't wait to demo time! Gms, pls! :)

Small step but it's better than nothing.

Banning removes the houses after the taxes expire. This was stated by Ironlady after she banned bots and alts.

Waiting to expire taxes is not nice in this accelerated progression /world. Just remove them manually! Give chance to active players! Banned but locked lands are out of production in long time.

Waiting to expire taxes is not nice in this accelerated progression /world. Just remove them manually! Give chance to active players! Banned but locked lands are out of production in long time.

I disagree. It is the fairest method possible.

What do you want just banned player plots to suddenly be open and most likely just claimed by a neighbor when they see its availble? This way it allows people that search for land and demos time to find these plots and plan to be there at their demo time.

I disagree. It is the fairest method possible.

What do you want just banned player plots to suddenly be open and most likely just claimed by a neighbor when they see its availble? This way it allows people that search for land and demos time to find these plots and plan to be there at their demo time.
2weeks or 5 weeks of expiration is insane long time and it's destructive. Instant kill or shorter time would be nice. Keep old system helps nothing. Unbuilt house and farms are same category. Build them or lose it in shorter time! Lock lands for weeks is insane. Optional change: 3 day demolition date in default. If you build 1/3 expiration day will extend to 1 week. If you use 2/3 material cost you will got the 2nd week tax message. (only for larger buildings).

Make the life of parasites miserable! :)

2weeks or 5 weeks of expiration is insane long time and it's destructive. Instant kill or shorter time would be nice. Keep old system helps nothing. Unbuilt house and farms are same category. Build them or lose it in shorter time! Lock lands for weeks is insane. Optional change: 3 day demolition date in default. If you build 1/3 expiration day will extend to 1 week. If you use 2/3 material cost you will got the 2nd week tax message. (only for larger buildings).

Make the life of parasites miserable! :)

On the post that IronLady clarified how they handle it, she said she was fairly certain that they didnt prepay taxes. That means land starts opening this Saturday/Sunday. This is the method every region has used when banning players. The land just demos when taxes run out. Im fine with this method as it doesnt add the need for extra GMs to manage this, it also allows the player time to appeal and keep their land if their is a false ban. This isnt Trion tho so I think we will hear about less of those.

you also have to take in to account those who might be accidentally banned tho rare it happens and you don't want to have to try and clean up that mess if all their land blows up while their proving their innocence

Okay so I grind to 52 using this game's terrible tab targeting combat system which I never wanted to do in the first place just so I can farm. I get to 52, and surprise surprise there is no available land.

With increased labor regen making tax certificates is easy, you can easily own 10 pieces of land on a single account.

At this point feels like I wasted my time on this server, I don't want to fight monsters, I want to farm.

If tax price was increased to where each player could only hold 1-2 pieces of land then maybe new players could get some as well.
Soo.... i work my ass off rush my character in one or 2 days to get decent spots... an u just got here like today want free land... This is how archeage works unfotunatetly but there is A LOT of land for sale on the server i mean A LOT... near me on Golden ruins got 2....3 on Diamond shores and on and on..just farm purses and buy it or use the credit card technique

And btw places Like Arcum Iris,Mahadevil on Harania still had land for like 10 days after the server was launched... wait for the open spots on Auroria maybe???

Maybe devs might do what was done in other servers before , autoarrange all structures ,becouse i am seeing things like one 16x16 blocking 28x28 space, or 28x28 blocking like , 40x40 ?

The amount of land being blocked is ridiculous too, prolly , half ? Half of the space of everything would seem like it.

There is land from several hackers.
There is land from crapload of multi account users.
There is land being blocked by bad land positioning, or intentional blocking i mentioned.
Possibility of opening temporary scarecrow zones, and luxury housing ,for 16x16 farms.

and than not related to devs

Land being sold by other players (wich is in decline and ridiculously high right now)
Land potentially being opened with castle content (which WILL be gated by pvp, mostly dominated by haranya)
Land potentially being available with further updates.

All of this seems rather chaotic right now, but i can see it being shaped towards better by at least one good decision of devs.
@IronLady

Good luck

Back