What's new

Unpopular Opinion - Housing and Taxes

So basically you want the people hosting the server to give people who weren't there to get it originally free land? What exactly would that solve?

Let's play pretend here and say the server hosts actually do go through with this idea. What happens to the people that join the server a few days after THAT free land is handed out and are now being excluded too? Do they have to make even more room? Forcibly move people's plots around because they have a 16x16 they purposely placed in a 24x24 spot so they had room to expand later? Maybe open up a bunch of empty space on the continents just so people will always always always have free land that they can use as much of as they want?

Get over it.

Archeage is a competitive game. People that come first will always have an edge no matter how fair you try to make it. This is especially true when it comes to limited land space and land rushing, which is and has always been a core part of the game. People having to put some work in to catch up because they started late is completely natural, and it is in no way impossible to catch up to people that started immediately on launch. It's incredibly easy to make use of what you're given as well as some game smarts and have the money to start buying up farms in no time.

By the way, land that was claimed on server launch and has been left unpaid for whatever reason (people tried the game and quit, people got banned, etc) will start opening up this weekend. Make some preparations and there's nothing stopping you from going for it.

Last edited:
Blocking larger space is intended. If you block land with your smaller house or medium-large farmd that is your "future plan". If someone put down 8x8 to destroy your plan, that is the feedback of your retarded farm positioning or just troll action :)

The expiration time of banned or cheater users is extreme long. Other say this is good because you can plan it, but this is bullshit. Cheater trash grabs land and it will be locked for 2 weeks? This is nonsense. This is the part of the game wehere you have to use level restrictions and changes in times. Farming bots will blow up when you catch them. Lands will be out of production for 2 weeks. This will be in your face for weeks.

Temporally zones are unlocked already. The rest of the rest (Public and temporally farm) is good. It will give minimal chance to new players too. This farm zones are totally useless areas in lomng term, but new guys can grab lands. Maybe remove size restrictions and extend time limitation! BUt don't open to "Normal" usage!

++Don't touch the castle rush System! Don't give extreme big advantage to "Top" guild(s)! No auto build up fortress and free castle rush pls! This "Top" guilds do nothing. They have near 100-100 players but contribution of them is converge to zero. If they don't spend in game money to build up fortress they don't deserver castles and castle lands.

So basically you want the people hosting the server to give people who weren't there to get it originally free land? What exactly would that solve?

Let's play pretend here and say the server hosts actually do go through with this idea. What happens to the people that join the server a few days after THAT free land is handed out and are now being excluded too? Do they have to make even more room? Forcibly move people's plots around because they have a 16x16 they purposely placed in a 24x24 spot so they had room to expand later? Maybe open up a bunch of empty space on the continents just so people will always always always have free land that they can use as much of as they want?

Get over it.

Archeage is a competitive game. People that come first will always have an edge no matter how fair you try to make it. This is especially true when it comes to limited land space and land rushing, which is and has always been a core part of the game. People having to put some work in to catch up because they started late is completely natural, and it is in no way impossible to catch up to people that started immediately on launch. It's incredibly easy to make use of what you're given as well as some game smarts and have the money to start buying up farms in no time.

By the way, land that was claimed on server launch and has been left unpaid for whatever reason (people tried the game and quit, people got banned, etc) will start opening up this weekend. Make some preparations and there's nothing stopping you from going for it.

I would have to argue with that.

People starting on this server day 1 ,did not have to work hard for their land, they were as well informed/founder players entitled to it.
Players joining the game right about now, doing trade runs on a donkey and cart are grinding for days to be able to buy a plot, (and maybe get scammed none the less).

No one said any order to it, land re-arrangement thing should be left for later, when people do get the time to expand to what they reserved.
Others tho ,who just like i have seen on past servers, forever hold land blocked by non-built and built structures ,and never ever farm it, do not deserve the extra space around them.

The way of this game has always been to expand the buildable land mass available in waves, so that the new players could have even a chance to compete for it. You would deny them that chance.

Demolitions will not be what you expect them to be.Players who are already rich will simply buy more taxes ,and try and capture any new land opening as well to sell it to those newbies.

Is the point of this game is for very few players to own land, and for the rest of them to quit after seeing they stand no chance to get any.

So, when people try and defend the land scarcity furiously, they make themselves the very evil that plagues gameplay right now.

Nothing should halt the gameplay of anyone here, with these labor pools, free patron, and current population, the server has a chance to be alive for a year or more, but if you push people too much they eventually go away.

Which is a solution on its own, dead servers do have open legal housing.
Its just not fun anymore.

I think the cash shop farms were balanced out by the one account policy. It took a full week for the land to fill up, that's pretty slow for such an active AA server. And it's not like there will never be land again. Once Auroria opens up, people will move up there opening up more land in the south. And more land always becomes available a couple of weeks after launch because people quit and/or get banned. New players will be able to get land. It'll just take a week or two.

Maybe devs might do what was done in other servers before , autoarrange all structures ,becouse i am seeing things like one 16x16 blocking 28x28 space, or 28x28 blocking like , 40x40 ?

The amount of land being blocked is ridiculous too, prolly , half ? Half of the space of everything would seem like it.

There is land from several hackers.
There is land from crapload of multi account users.
There is land being blocked by bad land positioning, or intentional blocking i mentioned.
Possibility of opening temporary scarecrow zones, and luxury housing ,for 16x16 farms.

and than not related to devs

Land being sold by other players (wich is in decline and ridiculously high right now)
Land potentially being opened with castle content (which WILL be gated by pvp, mostly dominated by haranya)
Land potentially being available with further updates.

All of this seems rather chaotic right now, but i can see it being shaped towards better by at least one good decision of devs.
@IronLady

Good luck

The ability to block land is a vital piece of gameplay, now i get blocking 40x spots is a bit bitter. But i should be allowed to place a crafting table next to my neighbors 8x farm he was planning to place a 16x on, now he has no expansion space and will be forced to sell me his plot so i can place my 16x.

The land business is dog eat dog.

On a side note,, they need to release land certs so players can buy safely though.

I would have to argue with that.

People starting on this server day 1 ,did not have to work hard for their land, they were as well informed/founder players entitled to it.
Players joining the game right about now, doing trade runs on a donkey and cart are grinding for days to be able to buy a plot, (and maybe get scammed none the less).

No one said any order to it, land re-arrangement thing should be left for later, when people do get the time to expand to what they reserved.
Others tho ,who just like i have seen on past servers, forever hold land blocked by non-built and built structures ,and never ever farm it, do not deserve the extra space around them.

The way of this game has always been to expand the buildable land mass available in waves, so that the new players could have even a chance to compete for it. You would deny them that chance.

Demolitions will not be what you expect them to be.Players who are already rich will simply buy more taxes ,and try and capture any new land opening as well to sell it to those newbies.

Is the point of this game is for very few players to own land, and for the rest of them to quit after seeing they stand no chance to get any.

So, when people try and defend the land scarcity furiously, they make themselves the very evil that plagues gameplay right now.

Nothing should halt the gameplay of anyone here, with these labor pools, free patron, and current population, the server has a chance to be alive for a year or more, but if you push people too much they eventually go away.

Which is a solution on its own, dead servers do have open legal housing.
Its just not fun anymore.
In order.

1)Yes, people who join first have an edge over others. Others were free to inform themselves. They were free to make educated choices. Some made poor choices. Others thought "this server will get closed down within a week lol xd" and didn't play. I fail to see why we should be penalized for others who, through ignorance (not necessarily negative here) or incompetence, came in late.

2)There'll be a new batch of open land when 3.0 comes around. It'll make Karkasse land valuable (so if you want to invest for the future, now's a good time, Karkasse is dirt cheap), will open up several new regions, including two extremely vast housing areas (Anhimar and Rokhala).

3)People place land to save for future expansions. If they're blocked, it's their fault for badly planning. If someone owns land but never does anything with it, it's their right. They're idiotic, but it's their right to pay taxes for no reason. In both cases, have you ever thought about the idea that messaging them about purchasing their land might go a long way?

4)Land is a commodity, not a right. Everyone shouldn't own land in ArcheAge. For some people, there's no reason to, as they make money without ever needing to use land. For others, it's simply that they never put in the work to get it.

5)Thinking only "very few players" own land is ludicrous. Over 50% of the active playerbase does, if not more. Anybody who played for more than an hour or two, during the first four days of launch, should have land as land was still open and available after four days. If people failed to do so, it's on them (see above for incompetence).

6)No one is defending land scarcity "furiously". We're just defending one of the basis of this game: competitive gameplay. Stop asking for everything to be handed to you and listen to tips given by players more successful than you are. As it stands, as soon as any player reaches level 52, he is free to use his labour. Using his labour for a day, doing menial tasks like gathering Iron and Stone, will give him enough resources to purchase a property. This is the very definition of EASY access to property. It's not our fault if some players are just too casual and consider that somehow an impossible goal.

7)Given that Building Management Titles are about 15 gold a piece, if you get scammed, it's your fault. Again, there seems to be a pattern where some of yall feel like nothing is on you but everything is on the evil world around you.

Work and progress.

In order.

1)Yes, people who join first have an edge over others. Others were free to inform themselves. They were free to make educated choices. Some made poor choices. Others thought "this server will get closed down within a week lol xd" and didn't play. I fail to see why we should be penalized for others who, through ignorance (not necessarily negative here) or incompetence, came in late.

2)There'll be a new batch of open land when 3.0 comes around. It'll make Karkasse land valuable (so if you want to invest for the future, now's a good time, Karkasse is dirt cheap), will open up several new regions, including two extremely vast housing areas (Anhimar and Rokhala).

3)People place land to save for future expansions. If they're blocked, it's their fault for badly planning. If someone owns land but never does anything with it, it's their right. They're idiotic, but it's their right to pay taxes for no reason. In both cases, have you ever thought about the idea that messaging them about purchasing their land might go a long way?

4)Land is a commodity, not a right. Everyone shouldn't own land in ArcheAge. For some people, there's no reason to, as they make money without ever needing to use land. For others, it's simply that they never put in the work to get it.

5)Thinking only "very few players" own land is ludicrous. Over 50% of the active playerbase does, if not more. Anybody who played for more than an hour or two, during the first four days of launch, should have land as land was still open and available after four days. If people failed to do so, it's on them (see above for incompetence).

6)No one is defending land scarcity "furiously". We're just defending one of the basis of this game: competitive gameplay. Stop asking for everything to be handed to you and listen to tips given by players more successful than you are. As it stands, as soon as any player reaches level 52, he is free to use his labour. Using his labour for a day, doing menial tasks like gathering Iron and Stone, will give him enough resources to purchase a property. This is the very definition of EASY access to property. It's not our fault if some players are just too casual and consider that somehow an impossible goal.

7)Given that Building Management Titles are about 15 gold a piece, if you get scammed, it's your fault. Again, there seems to be a pattern where some of yall feel like nothing is on you but everything is on the evil world around you.

Work and progress.

Thats some big ass explanation.

You seem to imagine stuff. Archerage is close to non-existant on the net, i got the info from 4chan by accident and than confirmed by few videos that went down soon after.

Everyone has the right for an oppinion. Also ,land is not even being sold as much, but banned hackers and multi acc users will hopefully free up some soon before castles.

3.0 wont be up for months to come

Use 8x8 to make Hellswamp meat pie mats. Wait for Hellswamp to go peace. Make meat pie mount skateboard. Rinse repeat. Buy farm with proceeds. Those packs pay quite a bit.

I'm not sure if you didn't understand what I'm writing or you're just trying to stick with the everything was horribly p2w narrative. I never talked about 8x8 although I think the suggestion of getting multiple 8x8 on your accounts alt-chars could help this guy out until he can get a larger plot.

There have been open plots for 24x24 and 16x16 even DAYS after launch. I've personally seen it even in Marianople and other less favorable zones on the Nuian continent. Why you would turn down a spot in Haranya if you didn't have any land is beyond me. Yes, it might not be as practical but it's land. If you really NEED it you should take it. Saying it's irrelevant is wrong. You seem to be really limiting yourself through your own stubbornness.

With the amounts of buffs, the skateboard and the 5x exp ratio you can rush the green quest without doing any other quests and obtain 50 gildas within like 45 minutes on this server. Blocking with tatched farmhouses was NO problem if you didn't want to spend any cash.

Also, what do you mean by 'If you didn't fill up, that is your fault?
I agree with you 8x8 "IS LAND" i came to the server literaly 5 days ago ive got to lv 52 in the first 2 days and the last 3 day ive been driving all across the west my little businesman farm cart at the velocity of 80G per hour/ unfortunately i have 2 to 3
hours daily to spend on the game cuz i work allot/ . But all the necessary mats for the trade runs farmed from 2 8x8 and some small wild harvestings and ocasional ilegal farming

I just want to through my 2cents into this since it seems like homeless players are louder... The server just launched, regardless of whether or not treehouses were available, the land would have been scooped up quickly due to how easy it is to just follow the green quests and get 50 Gilda Stars for a 24x24. I was surprised how much 16x16+ land was available even after the 3rd day the server was up. It made me a bit nervous about a possible lack of population, actually.

I don't think a raise in taxes is necessary or a drop in labor regen is necessary. That's not going to fix it.

Please be patient. Land will open up over time. There are many plots for sale now. They will get cheaper over time but there will likely not be any open plots. Open plots of land are a sign of a dead server. It's a good thing that all land is taken. Chill.

When people act like 5 dollars to donate for a scarecrow was p2w or a little over 10 for a tree house + scarecrow or is that too much out of your lunch cost or minus a few starbucks lattes cmon. sad when people complain and if you were f2p you had time to sell all the ore you could to buy credits super cheap to buy what you wanted. I came a week late and still found a 24x24 and 16x16 in Golden Ruins.

Putting money into a game for an advantage AT ANY LEVEL IS PAYING TO WIN. 5$ 10$ it doesn't matter.

My take on this: It's totally fine in the nature of first come first serve to the best quality land.

However, it does not benefit the playerbase and server to let a single player own many plots of land and sufficiently keep it all by themselves(as the mechanics of the game hold it).

It should mean that player should need other players to help maintain the farms on all of it, or that the player is a true baron in other areas of the game to make the money for it. In other words, owning land should correspond with a level of actual in game activity that has a risk/reward attached to it.

If it is to be so easy to pay for this land, then there should be a means to sabotage/overthrow a land baron with a large enough player effort.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I mean there are all sorts of ways that the original game could have been developed to create a sort of self-managed system that involves the players being able to say "this is what's fair and this is how much it is worth to me"
---hired security over chunks of land and tax rates go to said security force
---land is not 100% controllable by a single party in the longterm
---it's about creating true emergent gameplay

imo its good there is not enough land for everyone for free! it gives land a value. on trions 3.0 fs land was never relly worth anything, even if you had huge parts connected it was worth about same like the design costed to make.

I like the limited land availability. Its part of the game and makes land a valuable resource rather than something everyone has. In EVERY single server start, you need to be there first day for a chance at most prime lands and land is usually still available 3 days in, just in less desirable spots. Even when people were starting to complain about land on this server, I was the the first person in Karkasse and I was all alone for a couple days. I didnt even start to have more than 10 neighbors until about 5-6 days in. Around 8-9 days in it was full tho.

The thing about this server is with the increase labor rates, other money making methods are actually viable. You arent just stuck to min-maxxing your s/l ratio. Coin purse farming can net you good profits compared to other versions of the game. Land is NOT a requirement to make money, though it opens up different ways to do so.

Also money is rather easy to make. I found a good 16x16 house in Halcyona for 600 gold. I would have purchased it if regrading that day had been nicer to me. Make money, ride your mount thru housing zones and just check for sales and demos. Thats how land barrens continue to grow land portfolios. If you really want land and don't have any yet then you have to work for it. That is how this game has always been.

I do agree taxes should be a bit increased since 5k labor is enough taxes to sustain my lands for 3-4 weeks and I have that much every morning, I spend about 4k labor before I go to work, and its completely replenished by the time I come home from work. It does make it feel like there isn't a negative side to owning land, which balanced out is advantages a bit imo.

Back