What's new

Update Gearscore Calculation

SHOULD WE ADJUST GEARSCORE TO BE MORE ACCURATE?

• YES

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • NO

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters

Kezz

ALRIGHT SO...

I'm here to bring up an idea to the ArcheRage team regarding inaccurate gearscore calculations. We all know that costumes play a HUGE part in a persons skillset. It is one of the biggest factors for many things including damage, parry/evasion, defense, healing, etc.

The live server never gave additional gearscore for costumes or undergarments (besides lunagems) when the person with a eternal costume clearly has the advantage over a rare costume. At least not until after 5.0 or something.

Also, CRIT DMG gems are very expensive for a reason. They're considered much more effective than something like a focus gem, yet give less gear score.

The live server did add gearscore for armor and weapon tempering though, which I could agree with.

If we could adjust the gearscore for these items, and any other items you can think of, then we might be able to get a good idea of what gearscore each person has more accurately. This will help with more balanced pvp, guild recruitment, etc.

Vote on it.

Last edited:
I'm open to the idea of maybe like 10 points of GS per grade of costume / underwear, but I think the other things shouldnt' be touched because they're already adjusted in later patches to begin with. However, you can have an eternal costume we super bad stats so it's not super representative of how good it is.

The thing is, these gearscores are adjusted in later patches because they are so inaccurate. This was a popular decision. It just took a long time to take place.

We're trying to tackle that situation now, instead of later.

I'm open to the idea of maybe like 10 points of GS per grade of costume / underwear, but I think the other things shouldnt' be touched because they're already adjusted in later patches to begin with. However, you can have an eternal costume we super bad stats so it's not super representative of how good it is.
10 gear score per grade wouldn't make sense. It's not enough. You must not have a eternal costume. It's such an insane gear gap difference. Costumes deserve more gearscore than most "gear" that you're wearing.

10 gear score per grade wouldn't make sense. It's not enough. You must not have a eternal costume. It's such an insane gear gap difference. Costumes deserve more gearscore than most "gear" that you're wearing.
upload_2019-7-30_19-49-5.png

The thing is, these gearscores are adjusted in later patches because they are so inaccurate. This was a popular decision. It just took a long time to take place.

We're trying to tackle that situation now, instead of later.
They don't implement things from later patches earlier usually.

View attachment 7789

They don't implement things from later patches earlier usually.
No, from what I've been told they implemented the gearscore change for costumes/undergarments after the 5.0 patch. Which is really far away.

The difference between a rare costume and an eternal costume is too significant. Much more significant than a cloak upgrade. I think the gearscore change should be based on HIGHER standards than the cloak upgrades because it offers so much more, and the cloaks give a huge gear score increase per grade.

10 gearscore per grade for the costumes would insinuate the cloaks are more valuable in terms up gear upgrade. They are not at all close in gear gap standards. Costumes and undergarments are far more superior than a cloak.

No, from what I've been told they implemented the gearscore change for costumes/undergarments after the 5.0 patch. Which is really far away.

The difference between a rare costume and an eternal costume is too significant. Much more significant than a cloak upgrade. I think the gearscore change should be based on HIGHER standards than the cloak upgrades because it offers so much more, and the cloaks give a huge gear score increase per grade.

10 gearscore per grade for the costumes would insinuate the cloaks are more valuable in terms up gear upgrade. They are not at all close in gear gap standards. Costumes and undergarments are far more superior than a cloak.
You're misunderstanding what I'm saying, I'm saying the admins on here don't implement certain changes from later patches but rather wait till we get to that patch just so it doesn't cause complications. I think GS adjustments probably aren't super high priority outside of adding a bit of GS to the costume.

However, you can have an eternal costume we super bad stats so it's not super representative of how good it is.

Well, same goes for erenor gear and cloaks, those stats can also be shitty, but people reroll them till they get what they want, they still got the gearscore for it, so in that sense wouldn't matter if a costume has shit stats? Just another kind of item that needs to reroll stats to be really good.

Interesting idea on the whole, staying tuned.

I never enjoyed the change on retail due to working towards 6k gs and then they suddenly changed it and im some 7k gs.. I like the old way.

I never enjoyed the change on retail due to working towards 6k gs and then they suddenly changed it and im some 7k gs.. I like the old way.
It's more accurate though. Yeah, you increased in gear score, but so did everyone else. That way, when you see a 4k or 5k gearscore, you know and understand they are truly under geared. Right now, there are 5k gear scores out there with epic buffs, and others with celestial buffs. There are 5k gear scores with really good weapons gemmed with crit, but it's just not offering accurate gear numbers.

This will even help the people running dungeons and stuff get a better party/raid going.

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying, I'm saying the admins on here don't implement certain changes from later patches but rather wait till we get to that patch just so it doesn't cause complications. I think GS adjustments probably aren't super high priority outside of adding a bit of GS to the costume.
I talked to Sparkle and she suggested I make a forum post. Otherwise I wouldn't try. So it's definitely a possibility and would benefit a lot of people.

Back