What's new

Will we ever get patch 3.5

Will we get patch 3.5?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Foxxy

I'm curious if we will ever see patch 3.5 with the new skills and erenor gear, simply looking to get peoples thoughts or maybe even confirmation if any of the admins know the answer.

3.5 murdered the game at official and any mention bring back a lot of hate for ex-players here hence I vote hell no

Now that aside the team would need some sick skills to make 3.5 playable(is a lot harder than with 3.0 cuz XL and Trino went full retard in that version) but if they can make a good enough job like they did with 3.0 then maybe we can talk about it in the future

3.5 murdered the game at official and any mention bring back a lot of hate for ex-players here hence I vote hell no

Now that aside the team would need some sick skills to make 3.5 playable(is a lot harder than with 3.0 cuz XL and Trino went full retard in that version) but if they can make a good enough job like they did with 3.0 then maybe we can talk about it in the future

Could you be specific in what about it murdered the game? I did play in 3.5 and had an alright time, i do understand some of the changes sucked such as trade run changes but there are pretty easy ways to fix those, all they would have to do is put the old npc's back into the game and the old and new trade system could function side by side for those that like it and those that do not. The extra levels with new types of skills added more variety to each class on top of the abyssal skills. New land, a new WB, better coin purses, new gear, and new skills are the reason i think it would be nice to have but i am up for debate.

1.) Trade changes and charcoal, all the way from 3.5 to 4.0b(not sure 4.5, I quitted at 4.0b) destroyed the gold generation and basically dropped charcoal generation by at least 70% which utterly destroyed craft market. The issue is no one is sure if the client can handle the old trade system again since is very likely code got removed from the client(staff would need to take time to figure it out).

2.) The new ancestral skill system was an unbalanced AF mess at least until 3.7b where it got ninja nerfed to hell and then at 4.0 a new meta rised again, my point they need to figure this out before even try because whales will get untouchable if it stays as official 3.5.

3.) Erenor, i hated erenor more with every iteration and the new erenor "regrade" system sounded good on paper but it was a gold burning hell for several version(seems got kinda improved with 4.5) + issue number 1 was a deadly combo.

4.) 3.5 didn't have better purses. they just tried to rescue larceny due to the massive drop on player farming mobs after 3.0, in our case is better as it is right now.

5.) The new land I accept was nice including the newer auroria zones.

6.) If they included the new bosses/mobs from auroria they have to fix the drop table as HUGE NERF otherwise 10 Boyz will run the server alone in few days after the update and trash the AH as well, this got fixed later tho.

7.) the new tax cert craft sucked ass but the recover prepaid taxes on sale was nice

and im not even counting the bazillion ninja changes from Trino but my main point is 3.5 killed most official legacy server and the fresh starts from 3.0 and triggered a merge fest(was my third, fucking Trino PoS) because unless you were masochist or never reached end game it really made things way too hard and since then basically every version has been a "try" to fix the mess they made after 2.9b and in my opinion if staff wanna even consider upgrade ArcheRage they should go straight up to 4.0b as bare minimum or 4.5 to have most of the fixes and make their job a bit easier.

Yeah, this has been addressed/asked/debated almost as soon as 3.0 went live here. The staff have commented and locked the threads more than once basically stating there is no plans at this time. And you think you want 3.5 because of a few nice things you remember nostalgically, but you dont want 3.5. You dont.

When the time comes (next year maybe longer?) that the staff is ready to patch this server..I agree that we need to jump ahead right to 4.0 or beyond. But...3.0 here with the changes being made is really good enough

We will leave this thread open if you folks want to debate but as we have said 3.0 patch is still fairly new on our server and we will announce it when the time comes for future patches.

I am rather interested myself to see people's opinions on the 3.5 patch. Whether negative or possitive

I am rather interested myself to see people's opinions on the 3.5 patch. Whether negative or possitive

Happily, 3.5 was the patch that made me quit playing the retail servers after playing for many years. The trading system + "free" safe overseas trades ruined pirating, something that kept the game enjoyable for me - the threat of conflict at sea, either as the trader or the pirate, is something I play the game for. I started playing this server at launch day when I found out it was going to be on a patch with the old trading system.

I agree with jrch2k10's assessment of the other features of 3.5 - I'll add the eternal grade was unnecessary - adding power disparity in a game that already had too much power disparity wasn't the best move.

I myself am looking forward to 3.5, however many players say we shouldn't update at all that isn't very feasible. People get bored. It happens. After a while people are going to want an update, so I'd think that an update like this is inevitable unless staff made their own custom content.

Well only worth thing from 3.5 patch are this skill morphs. Entire Cargo pack system and crafting changes was just tragedy for Archeage. But skills would be nice they are pretty cool and allow furter character customization and ye ofc new zones always nice to have them ;p

since i quited the official AA because of 3.5 destroying the economy i don wanna see it happening here . 3.5 relies too much on the high population factor, its too much of a (player driven economy ) cuz it relies on massive guilds constantly moving cargo across the sea and if they find some other stuff to be more "financially beneficial " or more fun , they just stop running cargo and the economy struggles .
HELL NO dont wanna 3.5

Absolutely not, this is not a new game and we shouldn't be sitting here hoping for new patches to follow live. Live died for many reasons, with every major update this game got worse and worse, I would have left it at 2.9. 3 is good enough. Start messing around with 3.5/4 and beyond and it's my opinion that you can kiss this place good bye and this game for good. It's fine how it is now, none of the new stuff is needed.

I hate ever patch past 3.0, only thing I liked was Ancestral Skills and in 4.0 the Title system. The only 2 good things to come from any of those patches past 3.0.

It seems like most players like the ancestral skills that come with 3.5, maybe a patch with just these skills would be best at least for now

If the people running the server don't want 3.5 then there's no reason to implement it. I believe one of the advantages of having a private server in the first place is to have the game set up the way you want to play.

1.) Trade changes and charcoal, all the way from 3.5 to 4.0b(not sure 4.5, I quitted at 4.0b) destroyed the gold generation and basically dropped charcoal generation by at least 70% which utterly destroyed craft market.
This is untrue, due to the fact ppl was buying a lot of crafted gear to upgrade their erenor stuffs.

In my opinion, 3.5 patch was the best patch in Archeage, the reason about the HATE is that, some lazy ppl who farm a lot of gold doing charcoal all day and some trade packs simply don't like changes. The fact that charcoal is hard to get is because you can chose what crafted item you get from cloaked gear. Also is nice to have obsidian easier to get byt the fact that in 3.5 don't have mana wisps.

Last edited:
This is untrue, due to the fact ppl was buying a lot of crafted gear to upgrade their erenor stuffs.

In my opinion, 3.5 patch was the best patch in Archeage, the reason about the HATE is that, some lazy ppl who farm a lot of gold doing charcoal all day and some trade packs simply don't like changes. The fact that charcoal is hard to get is because you can chose what crafted item you get from cloaked gear. Also is nice to have obsidian easier to get byt the fact that in 3.5 don't have mana wisps.

I would eat that comment if you couldn't find in 3 keystrokes Trino live chats event admitting their fuck up with charcoal and promising to fix it some how after charcoal reach 2.5g each on legacies and the next 3 revision making the trade system even worse, it was fun when the faction chat on legacy before the merges was merciless begging spam of people camping the posts and offering gold for anyone who wanted to move certain packs so they can get enough continental packs to fill 1 merchant.

At some point 1 week before the merges I had to stop using my merchant and go full ping master trying to get at least 1 daily continental pack to try to keep crafting also was so fun when we realize every pack was eternally at 70% because it was never enough to make continental packs hence the % almost never went up.

Yeah, Loved it ....

Archeage 3.0 is the best, if they want to add news, bosses, events, and arenas fien but please no other 3.5 mechanics. No erenor, no new trade system

If we are going to stay 3.0 , for those high gearscore will get bored of archeage and quit because we have nothing to aim for . . , I'd say we get patch for 3.5 or people might quit because have nothing to do in archeage .

If we are going to stay 3.0 , for those high gearscore will get bored of archeage and quit because we have nothing to aim for . . , I'd say we get patch for 3.5 or people might quit because have nothing to do in archeage .
Well, how I see, some 9-10k people will stop playing, meanwhile lots of newbies won't get discouraged by the insane amount of geargap. Anything above 10k (and those horrible 14k+ on retail) are not helping the game at all to stay alive.
Edit: I mean more content (boss, zones) are always welcome, but I am highly against erenor, new grade and new trading system.

Back