What's new

Delphinad Ghost Ships and End Game Guilds

Should Dgs Be Nerfed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DGS do need to spawn all at the same time, but they should be on an off timer instead of 24 hours.
LIke say 17 hours. THis will rotate the spawns around all the timezones, the no life guilds can still go to each one and defend all 3 at the same time while guilds who activity only sit around a certain time zone can attend once they DGS hits their time zone.

@IronLady

While I agree with Disrep in principle, I disagree partly with the solution.

I believe that keeping that number at six per day isn't a bad deal as, fingers crossed, it might open the doors for other guilds besides the dominant one to actually get a DGS here and there. Reducing that number to 3 makes it easier for one guild to entirely dominate it. I'd rather force the dominant guild to no-life it harder if they want to get all of that money than to make it easy for them to get all of the lowered amount of gold.

With that said, I'd simply nerf it by 60%. Keep the 6 DGS. Have every pack worth 40g. It'd bring it in line with the value you're looking for (7.2k for my proposal instead of 6.3k for yours) but allow more people a chance to get in on the action.
+1 to this

DGS is cancer in this game version. Less ships/week, please... Does DGS drop 1 pack or many smaller pack in this game version? Original "Bigpack" was real gamebreaker. Smaller packs made transfer harder... If 1 or 2 guild can monopolize this event the game is dead in short time.

I prefer the dynamic 12hr respawn timer but less pack value. 6 spawns * 30 packs * 50g = 9000g
Same value as 3 spawns giving full amount. 50g -operation costs is enough to encourage people doing them.

Problem with only 3 spawns a day instead of 6 is it's easy for a dominating guild to just log in at that appointed time and do them. Same thing is happening in Trino AA, ruling guild only needs to log in for 3 hrs a day to do content then logs off for the rest of the day.

The ruling guild should have to exert more effort to do a lockdown on content. They have to manage their timers and how they allocate resources. It's not really cancer, it's the cost of maintaining lockdown on content.

People also seem to ignore the fact that we have x4 labor on a smaller population. Some activities might be more profitable than doing world content. I won't say which.

EDIT:
What about a 12 hour respawn timer DGS. 30 packs, 50g each. Disappears after 3 hours if not killed and adds 3 hours to the respawn timer.
What this means is that if people fail to kill it the timer will be pushed back by 6 hrs everytime effectively being on an 18 hour cycle.

When it does get killed the time to kill it still adds to the cycle time.

You're no longer dealing with 6 spawns a day if people contest.

Static spawns are just plain simplification of gameplay. It's like asking for normalization tbh.

Last edited:
Please lets get some good news on this. I really rather not see the old DGS come back and destroy this server.

3 dgs per day spawning at the same time would be clutch but I'm not sure it's something they can do the night before launch.. possibly before a guild progresses to the point they can down one but I wouldn't hold my breath. Voted Yes.

Guys, we have revisited your concerns. From our standpoint, there is not supposed to be any problems with DGS due to our x2 drop rate and increased amount of gold.
That having been said, getting 3k gold per kill will not have a significant impact on the game balance. Plus, in order to destroy DGS you need to be very good in farming, build your own ships, having at least tens of people in your guild, etc.

Guys, we have revisited your concerns. From our standpoint, there is not supposed to be any problems with DGS due to our x2 drop rate and increased amount of gold.
That having been said, getting 3k gold per kill will not have a significant impact on the game balance. Plus, in order to destroy DGS you need to be very good in farming, build your own ships, having at least tens of people in your guild, etc.
I'm sorry @IronLady I completely disagree, that's 18k gold into the economy per day. I can solo DGS with a cele galleon easily, which does not require much gold to make in this patch. Top guilds will only increase the distance between other guilds with the DGS.

I disagree strongly, this was the main problem with trion's NA freshstart, that amount of gold for just one guild gives a major advantage, I'm not sure how things turned out in RU; however, in NA, Guilds are way to well trained in killing DGS and taking full advantage of the gold.

Are you reluctant to change values because of the implication or because of the difficulty in actually changing it code-wise?
Please look at the poll, or ask any player that has reached end game.
Most players have the ability to farm, build a ship and get their guild together to kill DGS; but when only one guild can take DGS, it becomes a personal gold generator for the largest guild.
Please reconsider the stance you are taking on this; your playerbase disagrees with it.

I appreciate your response! However ill explain why this is detrimental to our economy.

Currently, on the live servers, where dgs are alot harder, 6 people are able to solo kill a dgs. Majority of people coming to NA have farmed dgs crazy amounts of times. We understand all the tricks to doing dgs in 5 minutes. Its been proven many times that once a guild controls dgs, its very hard to combat them for future fights due to the massive gold lead and gear score difference. Please reconsider this.

This is misguided, DGS is very easy to kill with fairly low quality galleons, please consider changing this.

The gold is a huge detriment to the server's economy

there are guilds coming to this server that have dominated every na fresh start by doing dgs over and over its not hard to do it will create a powerhouse guild that makes other players and guilds quit if its left like this.

I appreciate your response! However ill explain why this is detrimental to our economy.

Currently, on the live servers, where dgs are alot harder, 6 people are able to solo kill a dgs. Majority of people coming to NA have farmed dgs crazy amounts of times. We understand all the tricks to doing dgs in 5 minutes. Its been proven many times that once a guild controls dgs, its very hard to combat them for future fights due to the massive gold lead and gear score difference. Please reconsider this.

+1

giphy.gif

The community thats been playing the game for the length of it largely disagrees, if its a programming issue its totally understandable and we get that but if you can please do anything to lessen the impact the delphinad ships have on the game as to keep the server alive for as long as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back