What's new

ArcheRage 4.5: "Legends Return" - Pre-Update Official Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you argue that mages are taking 8 seconds to drop their god whip combos lol. [QUOTE="vulgrr, post: 74806, member: 1556

The number of times I have caught people like strykes and escanor and unreal and terverus macroing glider skills and shrug/bondbreaker is insane compared to the number of mages I've caught whip weaving with macros. Mages are objectively more skilled players than darkrunners.

I’m sorry I thought no one was macroing and it’s all bullshit o I get it they arnt in pn 1 so let’s call them out on it.

I never said it takes mages 8 seconds to drop their combos man. I was debunking that you are limited to 1-2 seconds. You're not. Just pointing out you actually have near 8 seconds to whip weave.

Also I'm not affiliated with pn1.

People macro all the time.

I'm just pointing out that there aren't nearly as many mage macro users as you seem to imply.

I never said it takes mages 8 seconds to drop their combos man. I was debunking that you are limited to 1-2 seconds. You're not. Just pointing out you actually have near 8 seconds to whip weave.

Also I'm not affiliated with pn1.

People macro all the time.

I'm just pointing out that there aren't nearly as many mage macro users as you seem to imply.

Yes and mages that are taking 8 seconds to weave their gods whip are probably dead . Also what’s your in game name or guild ?

Yes and mages that are taking 8 seconds to weave their gods whip are probably dead . Also what’s your in game name or guild ?

I don't think there is actually a whip weaver that takes 8 seconds to weave in existence tbh. They'd have to be brand new or practicing combos slowly to take that long to execute a weave.

Make Mana Barrier affect the caster.
Make Healing Circle affect the caster.
Decrease the duration of Dissonance.
Keep 4.0 Gods Wip.
Keep Flame Protective Wings the same.

Edit: Also keep Fervent Healing scaling the same.

Last edited:
I still think its funny how people came to ArcheRage to get away from retails bs yeeeeeet, some of you still want retails BS to come into this game lol. You even have people saying 4.5 is bad and that killed retail yet you want that to come here as well.
Sure some of the skill changes might be okay but a lot of other useful skills were also destroyed. You say that it wont make sense in later patches but whats stopping us from custom changing or tweeking them to make sense? Nothing is.

Yes please change the skills so I can build a proper planeshifter, posion debuff from poisoned weapons should last a bit longer imo, or scrap that and keep poison arrow as is lol. Invincibility looks fine to me, don't really care. Nerf petrify for sure it's just annoying.

Add Hiram lol

Follow item removals like gilda etc

Please bring back earning honor from arenas, remove titles from honor shop.

Remove that damn godswhip bug yikes why do people want to keep something that shouldn't exist.

If it shouldn't exist, then tell me why did the devs at XLgames made it a skill that can be used 5 consecutive times and not just lock you in an animation for all of it ?

Sure you could argue that sometimes you don't want to use all five, but then why does it give you about 1-2 seconds between each whip to decide if you want to continue or not ? Why does fervent healing stay untouched, it is working the exact same way. It is the strongest heal spell, but it takes time to reach your target, but the way it works makes it possible to negotiate that disadvantage by instant casting antithesis in between.

Yes please change the skills so I can build a proper planeshifter, posion debuff from poisoned weapons should last a bit longer imo, or scrap that and keep poison arrow as is lol. Invincibility looks fine to me, don't really care. Nerf petrify for sure it's just annoying.

Add Hiram lol

Follow item removals like gilda etc

Please bring back earning honor from arenas, remove titles from honor shop.

Remove that damn godswhip bug yikes why do people want to keep something that shouldn't exist.

First off, God's Wip weaving isn't a bug. Second off, Gilda isn't ever removed from the game. If Hiram is added it needs to be capped at divine t2, and obsidian needs to stay in the game. Hiram was meant as a catch up mechanic, and obsidian and crafted gear were meant to be endgame gear.

First off, God's Wip weaving isn't a bug. Second off, Gilda isn't ever removed from the game. If Hiram is added it needs to be capped at divine t2, and obsidian needs to stay in the game. Hiram was meant as a catch up mechanic, and obsidian and crafted gear were meant to be endgame gear.

Think you missed the part where trino started "slowly phasing out" obsidian x) but I think there's a sizeable group that would agree that it shouldn't be removed (edit, on AR).

Yeah ik they phased it out (5.0), however I think a large amount of the AR player base wants to keep it in the game

Nothing stops those people from wearing it lmao. But do ya'll realize all those drops get completely removed and library also doesn't work the same after 5.0? Where are they gonna get the mats to craft or upgrade? I don't get it. You already gotta farm mobs, and you'd rather do it for outdated old gear systems? lmao what the

Nothing stops those people from wearing it lmao. But do ya'll realize all those drops get completely removed and library also doesn't work the same after 5.0? Where are they gonna get the mats to craft or upgrade? I don't get it. You already gotta farm mobs, and you'd rather do it for outdated old gear systems? lmao what the

If people want the choice to craft something that should be up for them. Basically every other gear type is still available. could go craft a set of hasla weps or soulforged right now if i wanted.
Besides, would it be so hard to give other mobs the lib mats as a drop?

Hasla weapons, obsidian gear and weapons, hiram gear and weapons....ALL of this was a catch up mechanics for new players that XLgames fucked up the game everytime they did this turning the game in a grind festival, and still people want this crap that turned out to be bis gear... and some dudes telling me for i sell my crafted gear to grind catch up gear for new players xD RIDICULOUS. Im out of this discussion. Do whatever. Just dont cry later.

Last edited:
If people want the choice to craft something that should be up for them. Basically every other gear type is still available. could go craft a set of hasla weps or soulforged right now if i wanted.
Besides, would it be so hard to give other mobs the lib mats as a drop?

Indeed, why keep EVERYTHING in the game, except obsidian? It actually doesn't make sense at all lmao thank you for pointing that out x)

Deflection? Lol

Deflection? From what?

I explained the gods whip buff mechanic to you, never said it takes mages ~8 seconds to do gods whips, I just said they can extend it to those lengths if desired.

I am very confused here.

Indeed, why keep EVERYTHING in the game, except obsidian? It actually doesn't make sense at all lmao thank you for pointing that out x)
It actually made sense because they wanted to overhaul the places where those obsidian mats originally dropped to go with the Hiram and new Dungeon/Library armor. Not every new gear tier is a 'catch up' mechanic. So stop treating Hiram like one as if it shouldn't happen just because it's a new way of earning gear.

It actually made sense because they wanted to overhaul the places where those obsidian mats originally dropped to go with the Hiram and new Dungeon/Library armor. Not every new gear tier is a 'catch up' mechanic. So stop treating Hiram like one as if it shouldn't happen just because it's a new way of earning gear.

What?? I never said it shouldn’t happen? I’m just wondering why on earth everything stays but Obsi? I mean, Hasla drops didn’t get removed for Obsi, as they each have their own zone? Obsi drops and Soulforged drops were both in DS?

I think you should’ve quoted Ragequit for your post lol not mine x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back