What's new

ArcheRage 4.5: "Legends Return" - Pre-Update Official Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep 4.0 Gods whip, you can change the scaling to 4.5 stats but don't give us 4.5 Gods whip where mages can't weave anymore.
KEEP GODS WHIP WEAVING

Actual mages are gonna be having defenses and more skills to stay alive and kill enemy, instead of raping a blob in matter 0.3 seconds.
Why remove dr triplocks and debuffs so they can onecombo/oneshot when you let mages do same lol

Anyway you can still do that, it's just in a different way and slower.

I previously explained how the gods whip buff works though:

Channeled skills will cancel the gods whip buff.

So if you cast the first gods whip, you have 1.9 seconds to cast another one before the buff vanishes. If you do that and then cast another gods whip right after, the buff refreshes for another 2 seconds. This can be done 4 times to successfully animation cancel.

It isn't 1-2 seconds, it can be dragged out to be as many as 7.6 seconds.

Gods whip - 1.9 second window to instant cast a skill, 4 times.

I personally have gods whip on E, chain lightning on Q, freezing earth on R, throw dagger on F (if I'm running it which I don't always because darkrunner parry), Lightning meteor on Shift+E. Minuscule distances from each other, super easy to whip weave.

I can pretty objectively state that far less mages macro weave than darkrunners macro shrug and bondbreaker. The number of times I have caught people like strykes and escanor and unreal and terverus macroing glider skills and shrug/bondbreaker is insane compared to the number of mages I've caught whip weaving with macros. Mages are objectively more skilled players than darkrunners.

They aren't talking about how much time you have to use other skills, but how low you can go on time.
whole anim cancel can set up around 7-8 skills in matter of less than a second even if you have 60-70 ping.
Side note: i am not discussing about macroes in here (while it's obvious people still uses them, it doesn't change anim cancel is as retarded as dr triplock.)

Make Mana Barrier affect the caster.
Make Healing Circle affect the caster.
Decrease the duration of Dissonance.
Keep 4.0 Gods Wip.
Keep Flame Protective Wings the same.

Edit: Also keep Fervent Healing scaling the same.

I think you forgot make mend affect the caster.
But yes we definitely need Healing circle and Mana barrier to affect the caster
Specially since i'm quite sure on 4.5 and further it did affect the caster, or just the very next patch or hotfix.
Decrease duration of dissonance yes please, cause a skill that removes offhand and shield is not OP at all.
4.0 godswhip is meeeh. mages get new ways to kill stuff..
Even if i can understand why they want it, been nerfed and raped by everything ever....

Source: https://omnom.gg/4-5-skills/

Last edited:
The amount of people screaming macros at immune mounts/gliders is insane, are you guys actually that slow at using mounts/gliders?
There is so much time to catch someone using a immune glider / mount except the ravenspine, ravenspine is the only glider that is incredibly hard to knock them off.

Even if someone did macro mounts/gliders, it does not matter in terms of situational awareness. You can't just pull your ezi glider out when you're getting gunned down by endless arrows, you can't just spawn your mount in the middle of pvp without facing a long animation. Mounts/gliders are honestly one of the last skillful things you can do in this game, everything else is about RNG or skills like backdrop conc + lightning tiger strike that are guaranteed to hit.

There should be a 3s cooldown between immunes at the very most.

Pretty much nobody ever wants change. They want to keep the same armor they had 2 years ago, and don't like that they have to get back on the gear treadmill to stay competitive.

Lol I didn't even play the server 2 years ago and imo it's not about just "change"; it's not really about "getting back on the gear treadmill" but more about being forced to do something why I quit live xD

The discussion here seems to have tapered off a bit, is there any estimate on when we could expect patch notes @Sparkle ? Just following up on what you said on Feb 5th about the patch itself being approx. one month away, so I'm curious how much leeway we can expect within that timeframe.

Can't give you any dates for the patch notes right now as we are still working on the custom part. Patch Notes will be posted when the custom part is ready.

@Sparkle I would like to request that your team tests something out for the 4.5 patch please. Mages that put shadowplay in their build (Reaper) are able to apply poison using their abyssal skill. Prior to using that poison, they have a skill in the shadowplay tree that applies poison as well.

What I would like you to test is:
Equip a strong mage weapon, apply poison to an opponent using the shadowplay skill (I forget what it's called but you will see it), then use the poison abyssal skill on them. You will see that it's incredibly strong and needs to be fixed.

Last edited:
Also I have a couple other requests.

Can you please post a link to a 4.5 skill calculator or create one?

Once 4.5 was released on the live server, people were able to change classes and swap their saved skillsets for free. This was allowed for quite awhile after the the 4.5 release, so people can experiment with the new skills and decide what they like most. Can we do the same thing?

I just want to take this time to reiterate please don't nerf Hiram, Erenor nerfs should be eased up or removed, don't nerf Erenor food exp. Find other ways to bring continued relevance to crafted and settle the obsidian phase out issue without nerfing or gutting content. ?

I still think obsidian should be kept in the game and the upgrade path should be kept as is. I would make most of the mats if not all tradeable. We don't have to follow the mistakes of the past. We can learn from them. It would add a lot to the markets. I would also make t7 obsidian tradeable. It would make a reason to get your obsidian up to that grade. I know the meta for the past but we don't have to be that. Just think it could bring crafting back. We would have more types of gear in the world. Viriatey is why I play this game. I don't want to see that go away. I can deal with the skill changes but it's crazy that archers have to have shadow play now. They should have a way to cause bleed in the class. Much love all... :)

I just want to take this time to reiterate please don't nerf Hiram, Erenor nerfs should be eased up or removed, don't nerf Erenor food exp. Find other ways to bring continued relevance to crafted and settle the obsidian phase out issue without nerfing or gutting content. ?

well ye if obsidians would get buffed pasives x2 that could work, for example instead of lege shortspear give 15% crit damge buff it to 30% and we good

well ye if obsidians would get buffed pasives x2 that could work, for example instead of lege shortspear give 15% crit damge buff it to 30% and we good
No, let it stay the way it is if people like it so much, no need to buff it. People crafted it as it is, if they wanna go higher than obsidian someday, they can work on Hiram or Erenor. Ya'll crafted it knowing that Erenor, Hiram, Library/Mistsong armor was coming one day. IE, you all knew it wasn't going to stay around and be top tier forever. It's how games work. So I'm not saying remove it totally or that soon like live, but there's no need to buff it or nerf Hiram/Erenor to make obsidian players happy in their 3-4 year old content gear.

No, let it stay the way it is if people like it so much, no need to buff it. People crafted it as it is, if they wanna go higher than obsidian someday, they can work on Hiram or Erenor. Ya'll crafted it knowing that Erenor, Hiram, Library/Mistsong armor was coming one day. IE, you all knew it wasn't going to stay around and be top tier forever. It's how games work. So I'm not saying remove it totally or that soon like live, but there's no need to buff it or nerf Hiram/Erenor to make obsidian players happy in their 3-4 year old content gear.

Maybe meet in the middle of these 2? Anyway, I do agree that it's fine to agree on something better, I just hated it that they ruined obsi entirely on live, that just was a dagger in the back kinda feeling.

following your logic Choi, dont even discuss any changes to skills and other aspects of game ppl knew this patch is coming and should be aweare of changes. Thank you and no problem we can close topic.

following your logic Choi, dont even discuss any changes to skills and other aspects of game ppl knew this patch is coming and should be aweare of changes. Thank you and no problem we can close topic.
Actually, I already said I didn't care either way about skill changes. And any case, skills are different than gear. They can be respec'd at will, and they don't change with new higher ranked skills each patch. I'm talking about gear progression in games. People expect their gear to be done for years in a game, it's not reasonable.

Dude you've got no clue what you are asking for.

You want the erenor stat nerfs to be reverted and have the feed-reduction stay. When erenor was close to it's release, there was a big uproar that people think it is too strong. So they nerfed it and to make it worth crafting, they reduced required feed by 30(!)%. This is an insane reduction in required materials and costs, talking about hundred thousands of gold, that players with epic+ erenors have saved thanks to this tweak. (You need at least 3-5 less items to feed for each grade).

You are you suggesting to hand out extremely powerful gear at 2/3 of it's cost.

Last edited:
Dude you've got no clue what you are asking for.

You want the erenor stat nerfs to be reverted and have the feed-reduction stay. When erenor was close to it's release, there was a big uproar that people think it is too strong. So they nerfed it and to make it worth crafting, they reduced required feed by 30(!)%. This is an insane reduction in required materials and costs, talking about hundred thousands of gold, that players with epic+ erenors have saved thanks to this tweak. (You need at least 3-5 less items to feed for each grade).

You are you suggesting to hand out extremely powerful gear at 2/3 of it's cost.
I never asked for the feed reduction to stay? I want Erenor unnerfed with the custom feed changes removed. I said I don't want the 4.5 version of the Erenor changes. Don't respond to me if you fail at reading lmao

I only have Erenor Club, I have absolutely no intentions on making another piece of Erenor, so I don't 'want' gear at 2/3 of anything lmao
1581789838757.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back