What's new

Archeage 3.0 Client Date

When do you think 3.0+ Should be Implemented ?

• As soon as possible !

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • November 2017

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • December 2017

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • January 2017

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Later

Votes: 31 39.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raistlin

Hello

We should get this out of the way, since many are speculating the update may come in few weeks, some say before new eve, while others say it wont be here for months.

Personally ,i would say around new year or just before is fine time for 3.0+ update since by than players will settle in and the new players will recieve land from the new zones they so much talk about.

When can we expect the client update?
@IronLady @Sparkle
Are there any plans yet, or is it yet to be determined?

Thank you !

If 3.0 ever does come to the server it should have some major changes to it. The larder changes alone screwed over traders big time.

Pls dont go vanilla 3.0 that update has some rly bad features

There are several things to consider:

3.0 and all later updates is about the only thing granting aditional land zones, and right now ,huge part of players is with little to no land, while many land barons put down 5-10 birch treehouses week 1 with their alts. (this completely circumvents the no several account thing)

Some players argue pvp is better becouse of the new skills.

I know for a fact i did not like vocation changes at all ,and many items i used related to farming, got obsolete.

The new trade routes allow even more profit, since they are even longer by route. Airain/Ahnimar related for Nuia

Aged packs get nerfed, but farming is boosted with royal seed.

If i remmember correctly when 3.0 arrived on trion servers economy was in inflation for some time.

They can as well try and update to 3.1 or higher. Its why i put 3.0 (+) everywhere

Many other things ,ups and downs, thats why i put up a pool, so we can see some votes, and maybe the devs will respond.

There are several things to consider:

3.0 and all later updates is about the only thing granting aditional land zones, and right now ,huge part of players is with little to no land, while many land barons put down 5-10 birch treehouses week 1 with their alts. (this completely circumvents the no several account thing)

Some players argue pvp is better becouse of the new skills.

I know for a fact i did not like vocation changes at all ,and many items i used related to farming, got obsolete.

The new trade routes allow even more profit, since they are even longer by route. Airain/Ahnimar related for Nuia

Aged packs get nerfed, but farming is boosted with royal seed.

If i remmember correctly when 3.0 arrived on trion servers economy was in inflation for some time.

Many other things ,ups and downs, thats why i put up a pool, so we can see some votes, and maybe the devs will respond.

If you could go 3.0 but keep the seeds/saplings as it is it would be perfect. Otherwise ppl just need to grind and grind seeds to get the vocations :/

If you could go 3.0 but keep the seeds/saplings as it is it would be perfect. Otherwise ppl just need to grind and grind seeds to get the vocations :/

Oh yeah i recall how i needed to buy stacks of trees and seeds before the update, since after they pretty much gated that content.

This is a really contentious issue for me. I LOVE 2.9 and I wish it could stay forever. But I understand people want the new races, zones and skills. But the other changes that 3.0 introduced were horrible.

So if it's possible to pick and choose which parts of 3.0 can be implemented, then I really hope the team ask us what parts we want.

Hi guys,

We've been asked this question for quite a few times already, and our reply hasn't changed since then. We've just started with v2.9 few weeks back, and not planning to roll out v3.0 this year. Once we determine the approximate date of the release of v3.0 we will let the community know, so don't worry.

Hi guys,

We've been asked this question for quite a few times already, and our reply hasn't changed since then. We've just started with v2.9 few weeks back, and not planning to roll out v3.0 this year. Once we determine the approximate date of the release of v3.0 we will let the community know, so don't worry.

Thank you !

There are some things that really sucked about 3.0. If there could be some adjustments by the team I could see the update being a positive addition to this server. Without them I really don't know if it wouldn't be better to stay on 2.9 and maybe only implement skill rebalances from 3.0... because let's face it... 2.9 balance is horrendous.

Some points I'd like to see adjusted for 3.0:
  • Taxes can be increased BUT please not as drastic as on the retail server. Most of us are used to extreme multi accounting and to be honest I'm already feeling like 'I got no land'. I realize some people are struggling to get land and it might need an adjustment. Just don't overdo it. I think it should be possible to hold a treehouse, some 16s, 1 or 2 24s, stellar, aquafarm, tradehouse or similar.
    Now you say that's a lot but you want to have a pack storage 16 here, some farms for braziers/trees, want to have a decent house with decoration, need a tradehouse for goldmaking...

• Keep the seed, sapling & livestock vendors as they are. This was my biggest problem with 3.0. It's ridiculous to be gated from crafting by grinding extremely boring daily quests which don't even give you close to the amount of mats you'd need. Ironically the only way to get around this limitation was extreme multiaccounting with a family full of alts. It would be even worse here with the amount of labor we regen. Keep the prices the same, don't touch it.

• Adjust the family quests to give less vocation badges. Maybe just 1/2 of the amount you could get on retail. Adjust the vocation shop accordingly. Remove the tuna bucket and stuff that isn't needed from vocation anymore and keep the Daru bundles in it. Probably raise the price of them a little, probably also need to increase the cost or remove the majestic & mining drill so their cash shop isn't obsolete. We don't want to fuck them over on this. The cash shop prices are very fair.

• As for larders, keep the royal seed requirement for larders BUT either buff the droprate a lot, including dropping from bundles. Personally I'd also add it to the vocation shop right away because that would be further incentive to still do the family quests. We will probably need more royal seeds than the retail servers did with the reduced 'grow time' of larders.

• Adjust the crafting houses (armorer and alchemy house). With the addition of high proficiency for crafts of certain items the houses aren't really worth what they used to be. I think some proficiency requirement should be there but especially Ayanad was stupid. Some classes had immense problems to reach the 130k proficiency in weaponcrafting while 130k carpentry was a cakewalk. It also isn't like it would really allow a 'crafting service' to those who have it. With the always present threat of being scammed and losing an Ayanad upgradeable & mats any sane player would only trust longtime mates with it.. and even then there have been posts about scams on reddit.

• Look into the professions and their skill requirements overall. I think we all can agree that the requirements for husbandry were ridiculous and only blocked eco friendly fuel. It wouldn't be as bad because we would be prepared but it just doesn't make much sense to me to have it 180k. I recall logging was really high skill req too. There might have been others that got overtuned, not sure.

• Probably have to look into the community centers, especially the vehicle community centers. While I think it was ok to introduce the cars to the majority of players it was just lame that you could rent siege weapons. Imo the members should be required to build siege equipment themselves if they want to siege. Or drastically increase the rental cost, so that it's atleast 1/2 of the building costs.
If anyone has additions or comments I'd appreciate it.
Squid

There are some things that really sucked about 3.0. If there could be some adjustments by the team I could see the update being a positive addition to this server. Without them I really don't know if it wouldn't be better to stay on 2.9 and maybe only implement skill rebalances from 3.0... because let's face it... 2.9 balance is horrendous.

• Taxes can be increased BUT please not as drastic as on the retail server. Most of us are used to extreme multi accounting and to be honest I'm already feeling like 'I got no land'. I realize some people are struggling to get land and it might need an adjustment. Just don't overdo it. I think it should be possible to hold a treehouse, some 16s, 1 or 2 24s, stellar, aquafarm, tradehouse or similar.
    Now you say that's a lot but you want to have a pack storage 16 here, some farms for braziers/trees, want to have a decent house with decoration, need a tradehouse for goldmaking...

• Keep the seed, sapling & livestock vendors as they are. This was my biggest problem with 3.0. It's ridiculous to be gated from crafting by grinding extremely boring daily quests which don't even give you close to the amount of mats you'd need. Ironically the only way to get around this limitation was extreme multiaccounting with a family full of alts. It would be even worse here with the amount of labor we regen. Keep the prices the same, don't touch it.

• Adjust the family quests to give less vocation badges. Maybe just 1/2 of the amount you could get on retail. Adjust the vocation shop accordingly. Remove the tuna bucket and stuff that isn't needed from vocation anymore and keep the Daru bundles in it. Probably raise the price of them a little, probably also need to increase the cost or remove the majestic & mining drill so their cash shop isn't obsolete. We don't want to fuck them over on this. The cash shop prices are very fair.

• As for larders, keep the royal seed requirement for larders BUT either buff the droprate a lot, including dropping from bundles. Personally I'd also add it to the vocation shop right away because that would be further incentive to still do the family quests. We will probably need more royal seeds than the retail servers did with the reduced 'grow time' of larders.

• Adjust the crafting houses (armorer and alchemy house). With the addition of high proficiency for crafts of certain items the houses aren't really worth what they used to be. I think some proficiency requirement should be there but especially Ayanad was stupid. Some classes had immense problems to reach the 130k proficiency in weaponcrafting while 130k carpentry was a cakewalk. It also isn't like it would really allow a 'crafting service' to those who have it. With the always present threat of being scammed and losing an Ayanad upgradeable & mats any sane player would only trust longtime mates with it.. and even then there have been posts about scams on reddit.

• Look into the professions and their skill requirements overall. I think we all can agree that the requirements for husbandry were ridiculous and only blocked eco friendly fuel. It wouldn't be as bad because we would be prepared but it just doesn't make much sense to me to have it 180k. I recall logging was really high skill req too. There might have been others that got overtuned, not sure.

• Probably have to look into the community centers, especially the vehicle community centers. While I think it was ok to introduce the cars to the majority of players it was just lame that you could rent siege weapons. Imo the members should be required to build siege equipment themselves if they want to siege. Or drastically increase the rental cost, so that it's atleast 1/2 of the building costs.
Squid

+1 Squid!

I agree with everything you've said, especially this part:

Keep the seed, sapling & livestock vendors as they are. This was my biggest problem with 3.0. It's ridiculous to be gated from crafting by grinding extremely boring daily quests which don't even give you close to the amount of mats you'd need. Ironically the only way to get around this limitation was extreme multiaccounting with a family full of alts. It would be even worse here with the amount of labor we regen. Keep the prices the same, don't touch it.

That was my biggest problem with 3.0 as well. It was this change alone that really hurt the 'carebear' farmers and crafters. So if they could only change one thing in 3.0, this is what I would ask for.

Squid
to address some of these

"Taxes can be increased BUT please not as drastic as on the retail server. Most of us are used to extreme multi accounting and to be honest I'm already feeling like 'I got no land'. [...] I think it should be possible to hold a treehouse, some 16s, 1 or 2 24s, stellar, aquafarm, tradehouse or similar. "
I completely disagree. Tax rates are already pretty low, and you've gotta be bonkers to think somebody should be able to safely hold onto THAT much land without paying a crazy amount in taxes.

"Adjust the crafting houses (armorer and alchemy house) [...] I think some proficiency requirement should be there but especially Ayanad was stupid. Some classes had immense problems to reach the 130k proficiency in weaponcrafting while 130k carpentry was a cakewalk. [...] I think we all can agree that the requirements for husbandry were ridiculous."
Ridiculously high proficiency requirements and major difficulty reaching that point is a big part of the gameplay cycle. Small changes might be helpful, but things like Ayanad tier crafting recipes SHOULD require a proficiency level that is difficult, time consuming, and expensive to attain. The cost of an item is not just the raw materials, but also all of the work required to develop the skill to craft it. Which should be ridiculously high, especially for some of the best items in the game.

"While I think it was ok to introduce the cars to the majority of players it was just lame that you could rent siege weapons."
I agree with you on this one, though personally I think ALL the rentals should be a bit more limited to encourage people to actually work towards crafting the cars and siege vehicles.

I really just want 3.0+ because of the new races and zones, but also a lot of small tweaks, like how I hate blue salt gloves and hammers and wedges and how I like the market tracker for the AH.

to address some of these
I completely disagree. Tax rates are already pretty low, and you've gotta be bonkers to think somebody should be able to safely hold onto THAT much land without paying a crazy amount in taxes.
I know. I'm just used to holding a lot of land. Not that it needs to be like this, it's just my personal preference. That being said I'd probably hold it even if it was expensive and just buy taxes from the marketplace. I just enjoy having a lot of houses more then almost anything else in the game.

Ridiculously high proficiency requirements and major difficulty reaching that point is a big part of the gameplay cycle. Small changes might be helpful, but things like Ayanad tier crafting recipes SHOULD require a proficiency level that is difficult, time consuming, and expensive to attain. The cost of an item is not just the raw materials, but also all of the work required to develop the skill to craft it. Which should be ridiculously high, especially for some of the best items in the game.
I agree, it should be high. I didn't mean to lower it to 20k or anything. They could also lower it for the proficiencies that are really hard to level like weaponsmithing. It's the same situation we had with the T6 bow requiring a mat from Levi back in the day. I just disagree with having some weapons easily available due to mat/crafting requirement and another weapon is almost unobtainable because of a mat or the proficiency being EXTREMLY painful to level. Just compare weaponsmithing with carpentry. It's nowhere near the same effort and in both cases you have one of the best items ingame. I'm a prime btw, not like I'm pushing this for my own benefit.

I really just want 3.0+ because of the new races and zones, but also a lot of small tweaks, like how I hate blue salt gloves and hammers and wedges and how I like the market tracker for the AH.
Yea, I completly agree with this. The quality of life changes that came with 3.0 (teleport book, charcoal only, blue salt stuff, no more quality cert...) are important to the game and were long needed.

to address some of these

"Taxes can be increased BUT please not as drastic as on the retail server. Most of us are used to extreme multi accounting and to be honest I'm already feeling like 'I got no land'. [...] I think it should be possible to hold a treehouse, some 16s, 1 or 2 24s, stellar, aquafarm, tradehouse or similar. "

"Adjust the crafting houses (armorer and alchemy house) [...] I think some proficiency requirement should be there but especially Ayanad was stupid. Some classes had immense problems to reach the 130k proficiency in weaponcrafting while 130k carpentry was a cakewalk. [...] I think we all can agree that the requirements for husbandry were ridiculous."

"While I think it was ok to introduce the cars to the majority of players it was just lame that you could rent siege weapons."
I agree with you on this one, though personally I think ALL the rentals should be a bit more limited to encourage people to actually work towards crafting the cars and siege vehicles.

To effectively work about a space of 50x50 of land, you need to like constantly be there , except if you like most of the people i know just hold land to plant pines for the rest of your days in archeage or ,leave it empty.

I know since i had 100x100 with bundles, pens, and all manner of other things, and i had my land empty half the time, i had 2 "workers" people working for % of the yield, so wtf would anyone need over 50x50 of workable space except to troll.

The game is not in a nice place right now concerning land space available to newbies, its very, very bad.
Some of those newbies swipe, and try to buy plots tho, but chunk of the rest just quits.

Game should be hard, but balanced.

Please get rid of Aria’s. No more jar runs and free delphinad tier weapons. I’m sure everyone that actually puts time into archeage will back me up about free Mistsong weapons being a ridiculous idea.

To effectively work about a space of 50x50 of land, you need to like constantly be there , except if you like most of the people i know just hold land to plant pines for the rest of your days in archeage or ,leave it empty.

I know since i had 100x100 with bundles, pens, and all manner of other things, and i had my land empty half the time, i had 2 "workers" people working for % of the yield, so wtf would anyone need over 50x50 of workable space except to troll.

The game is not in a nice place right now concerning land space available to newbies, its very, very bad.
Some of those newbies swipe, and try to buy plots tho, but chunk of the rest just quits.

Game should be hard, but balanced.
I had way more land than that on retail servers. I used to to larders and mats for them. On the most recent fresh start I really spammed like 500 trees over and over because lumber was a high price good and if you plant in this amoutns you have thunderstrucks almost every day.

On this server I agree tho. With the 1/2 grow time there is no need for this much land. I personally have the 1 treehouse, the stellar 16x16, the improved scarecrow 16x16 , an aqua farm and 2 prime location tradehouse spots (those are blocked, I'm sharing those with a little group tho). I'm by no means a landwhale over here and deny shitloads of land.

As you said, I already have a hard time keeping it rotating the braziers (for example) every 4 hours. It's a full time job so sometimes I'm just keeping them empty.

This shit is fucked up tho. They need to take action against this.. no way this is legit. Just lol. (picture taken from another thread)
UqmE0Cv.jpg

Please get rid of Aria’s. No more jar runs and free delphinad tier weapons. I’m sure everyone that actually puts time into archeage will back me up about free Mistsong weapons being a ridiculous idea.
I really disliked them on the fresh start. I don't know if they'd be as bad here. The server will be a couple months old by then and it shouldn't make that much of a difference anymore.

This shit is fucked up tho. They need to take action against this.. no way this is legit. Just lol. (picture taken from another thread)
UqmE0Cv.jpg

I really disliked them on the fresh start. I don't know if they'd be as bad here. The server will be a couple months old by then and it shouldn't make that much of a difference anymore.

Thats on haranya side.It goes both ways.
I scouted all of Nuia two times and found many areas where nicely alligned 5-10 birch treehouses stand one to another, with solars lunars around, and names like mary,jary,lary kind of thing ,so yeah.

Some of them are just using several accs, while others are just chunkfull of alts and ready to burn this nice labor on taxes.

I have two 8x8's atm. But i could find myself 16x16 somewhere in a week, pretty sure, tho it would be very nice to have few more areas in existing regions released or expanded for farming , if you cut this piece of gameplay from too many players, theyll riot.

@IronLady

In short.

Bring in the new races and zones. Save most of the skillchanges. Don't bring Abyssal skills. Remove virtually everything else.

Thanks,
<3

Edit: As was confirmed above, there is definitely a multi-accounting problem right now. A lot of people are using "family" excuses to merely have 2, 3, 4 or even 5 accounts that they just dump labor through fishing ponds. They then burn that vocation on skyreach woodlots or other commodities and funnel the loyalty goods to their main by using family chests and other alts. It's quite visibly happening to the point where I've overheard people giving advice to newcomers as to how they can setup multiple accounts from the get-go.

In short.

Bring in the new races and zones. Save most of the skillchanges. Don't bring Abyssal skills. Remove virtually everything else.

Thanks,
<3

Edit: As was confirmed above, there is definitely a multi-accounting problem right now. A lot of people are using "family" excuses to merely have 2, 3, 4 or even 5 accounts that they just dump labor through fishing ponds. They then burn that vocation on skyreach woodlots or other commodities and funnel the loyalty goods to their main by using family chests and other alts. It's quite visibly happening to the point where I've overheard people giving advice to newcomers as to how they can setup multiple accounts from the get-go.

No, dont tell ,aaah i just read it... ignorance was bliss.. so much about rules, land and other stuff :/

Back