What's new

ArcheRage 3.5 Discussion

long story short.

trade packs? = NO
crafting change? = NO
Erenor= maybe?

the rest YES

I have no problem with them adding trade outlets as long as they keep the already existing gold traders
if they remove the option of being able to trade between different zones this will kill the sandbox feeling and trade in general
but if they keep the existing gold traders and add trade outlets we will have more trading options

i quit live servers because 4.0, more progress more bad, the best patch of AA is 2.5-3.0,
i really hate Hiram gear it's make AA likes other mmorpg game, only hunt mobs for gears. no craft no regrade, no trade run, no fishing, everybody just sitting hunt mobs at DS all day.
pls no hiram in this server.

The game is Korean, ofc there would be a grind in it EVENTUALLY.

That being said, I don't think putting in the first tier (and only the first tier) of Hiram would hurt it TOO much, especially since the admins are refusing to give new players a real catch-up mechanic. Retail has had Soulforged gear for some time now that gives players a little over 4k GS, and the best these guys do is a temporary promo for Celestial obsidian armor pieces and 3 Celestial obsidian weapons that clock you in at a little under 3k, then they expect newbies who didn't catch the "promo" to come here and survive on 7-day Obsidian armor that locks them in at a whopping 2.2k GS. At least Hiram would give players something to grind towards and would enforce players to group up and help newbies to Korean grind out some kind of gear. Definitely not the final tiers of it, but the first tier of Hiram might not be THAT bad considering the newbie assistance these guys AREN'T giving out. Too bad they can't add Hiram to older patches, so all the ppl saying "add Hiram to 3.5" are living a pipe dream.

It's because multiple accounts are restricted on this server so at least increase character slots so we can have more alts in one account
Why the hell would some one need 13 character to play i guess u r planning to solo attend some future FIFA event in ArcheRage

The game is Korean, ofc there would be a grind in it EVENTUALLY.

That being said, I don't think putting in the first tier (and only the first tier) of Hiram would hurt it TOO much, especially since the admins are refusing to give new players a real catch-up mechanic. Retail has had Soulforged gear for some time now that gives players a little over 4k GS, and the best these guys do is a temporary promo for Celestial obsidian armor pieces and 3 Celestial obsidian weapons that clock you in at a little under 3k, then they expect newbies who didn't catch the "promo" to come here and survive on 7-day Obsidian armor that locks them in at a whopping 2.2k GS. At least Hiram would give players something to grind towards and would enforce players to group up and help newbies to Korean grind out some kind of gear. Definitely not the final tiers of it, but the first tier of Hiram might not be THAT bad considering the newbie assistance these guys AREN'T giving out. Too bad they can't add Hiram to older patches, so all the ppl saying "add Hiram to 3.5" are living a pipe dream.

As a New Player, and a person who likes to do as little party content as possible, the grind isn't new, what is new is being forced to do content with others, that said the level 45 quest gear is on par with the 7day obsidian set which is fine. All a person needs to do is ask for help, and im pretty sure folks will so your gripe-age about new players getting shafted is warranted. Yes I get the fact that certain people got this while newer people got that is a bit unfair, but considering the fact that the newer players weren't given crack right off the bat is more beneficial. So do not speak for all of us newbs/noobs

I quit Live because of Hiram gear. It invalidated crafting and all the hard work i did to get my erenor gear. The crafting made this game interesting. Hiram makes it just another grind-and-you-get-free-gear game. Hard work and creativity make this game fun for me.

I think it should take time to get great gear. It keeps us thinking of new and unique ways to earn gold. I do not believe Erenor was ever given a decent chance due to the introduction of Hiram and the impatience of some players. I feel like Live made some "knee jerk" moves to satisfy the wrong target group.

Rage has done a great job of getting players into the game by the items they give new players. This has eliminated, or at least reduced, the gear gap for new players. Once in celestial gear, we are able to access most parts of the game that would enable us to progress and gear.

In my opinion, the "new" trading system of 3.5 was a slap in the face for the traders and the Hiram parts the killing blow to the craft

The car S 200 or B 200
and more area to farm
would be nice.

Sorry for my bad English. Have translated with Google ^^

Last edited:
I quit Live because of Hiram gear. It invalidated crafting and all the hard work i did to get my erenor gear. The crafting made this game interesting. Hiram makes it just another grind-and-you-get-free-gear game. Hard work and creativity make this game fun for me.

I think it should take time to get great gear. It keeps us thinking of new and unique ways to earn gold. I do not believe Erenor was ever given a decent chance due to the introduction of Hiram and the impatience of some players. I feel like Live made some "knee jerk" moves to satisfy the wrong target group.

Rage has done a great job of getting players into the game by the items they give new players. This has eliminated, or at least reduced, the gear gap for new players. Once in celestial gear, we are able to access most parts of the game that would enable us to progress and gear.

Sad, you stop playing because poor players now had the chance to get a decent gear for "free"???
Well...

I mean, except they haven't. 7-day Basic Obsidian is barely enough to let them survive farming Jester's Coinpurses, let alone do other content on their own. Sure, the 5 pieces of Celestial T2 armor and 3 Celestial T4 weapons is enough for them to not be noticeably weak in the midst of library raids, but that was a temporary promo. They refuse to make it permanent at this point in time. Soulforged gear would put newbies in the 4k GS range instead of the 2k GS range and give players a bit more confidence to show up to events. When I first started out, I didn't even bother going to Halcy or MM because 2k vs 6k goes over COMPLETELY well for all parties involved (/s for the last half of that sentence, if you couldn't tell).

A good portion of newbies who didn't make it here before the free Celestial Obsidian offer ended are SOL at this point in time because they are under a 1-week time crunch to get replacement gear before they're naked. It makes no sense to me that AR got rid of the free Celestial gear and/or don't have SOME form of a catchup mechanic similar to Soulforged on retail. Giving players something grindable gives them something easier to strive for, so long as it isn't incredibly stronger than its counterparts. That's always been an issue for this game. Some crafted parts at the right grade are well above or below a counterpart at the same grade, causing some silly ladder/seesaw-like system with gearing that confuses people into not really knowing what the better option really is for them.

Or you know people could just get together in guilds/families and help each other gear/TR as it's intended. I get there are some solo players that want to be able to do everything alone but that's not how this game works unless you want to donate. If your guild/family aren't willing to help you and you to help them gear then maybe you should find a different guild/family that will.

Sad, you stop playing because poor players now had the chance to get a decent gear for "free"???
Well...
I never paid to win... so yes, I quit because all of my work, time, and effort meant nothing. I'm so tired of hearing this "i'm poor... give me shit". It is ok to work hard and for things to take a lot of time. that is a good real life lesson.

I am saying none of this to flame or upset. I just want to clarify my opinion and experience.

I never paid to win... so yes, I quit because all of my work, time, and effort meant nothing. I'm so tired of hearing this "i'm poor... give me shit". It is ok to work hard and for things to take a lot of time. that is a good real life lesson.

I am saying none of this to flame or upset. I just want to clarify my opinion and experience.
You quit... 'cuz others players didn't played the same way you play? wtf

Last edited:
You quited... 'cuz others players didn't played the same way you play? wtf

"Quited" " 'cuz" & "didn't played" <--- Sorry! These triggered me. While it is "accepted" use of the word "quited" it is not by many. Quit is past tense already. There is no need for the "ed".
The rest is just poor grammar.

So let me correct your sentence.

So you quit because other players didn't play the same way you play?

If you have a problem with starting gear just get some help running GHA a few times, you can get celestial mag grade gear there for "free."

Also, perhaps it would be best to differentiate between "poor" players and players who want a handout instead of taking time to learn the game. As a f2p player, it could be argued that I am a "poor" player, yet I have managed to get 5.3k gs WITHOUT handouts and within 3 months. Granted I had a couple years experience on live, but it's not too hard to do. You can make 5-10s/labor pretty easy at almost any profession in this game, and at over 11k labor/day that's between 500-1000g/day. Divine obsidian weapons cost between 8-10k each and divine obsidian/epherium armor between 4-7k each, while celestial is only 1.2-1.8k each. At this rate anyone can have complete or almost complete divine weapons/armor in around 2-3 months, which gemmed with honor gems and prestige lunascales will put you close to 5k gs. Or you can complete divine mainhand with everything else celestial in about a month or month and a half for about 4-4.5k gs. Not top 100 gs, but enough to make you viable in pvp and able to do just about any pve.

Ok, well that was my 2 cents about that anyway, and if you disagree that's ok with me; there are almost always valid opposing opinions in any discussion.

As to the 3.5 changes:

long story short.

trade packs? = NO
crafting change? = NO
Erenor= maybe?

the rest YES

Agreed.

"Quited" " 'cuz" & "didn't played" <--- Sorry! These triggered me. While it is "accepted" use of the word "quited" it is not by many. Quit is past tense already. There is no need for the "ed".
The rest is just poor grammar.

So let me correct your sentence.

So you quit because other players didn't play the same way you play?
Thanks, now I know the correct sentence... Not my first language

Just because the game is Korean, that doesnt mean you have to grind monsters all day for a chance to get a piece of gear... Its a sandbox MMORPG after all. It is not dungeon simulator. If you wanna grind endlessly PvE, just download and install games like MU Legends, thats hella grind, but at least the pve combat system is far more enjoyable while playing more than 20 minutes. So Archeage is grind all day, but you have billions of options what to grind for and how to grind it. Potential Hiram-like gear will only shrink most of the options to only a few, because everything thats currently related to the gear-crafting system is gonna take a huge hit, and crafters might decide to not craft anymore. That will hit the market heavily. We do not want that, right ?

Just because the game is Korean, that doesnt mean you have to grind monsters all day for a chance to get a piece of gear... Its a sandbox MMORPG after all. It is not dungeon simulator. If you wanna grind endlessly PvE, just download and install games like MU Legends, thats hella grind, but at least the pve combat system is far more enjoyable while playing more than 20 minutes. So Archeage is grind all day, but you have billions of options what to grind for and how to grind it. Potential Hiram-like gear will only shrink most of the options to only a few, because everything thats currently related to the gear-crafting system is gonna take a huge hit, and crafters might decide to not craft anymore. That will hit the market heavily. We do not want that, right ?
I agree i would prefer to see Obsidian ,Hasla, Dungeon ,Aurorian and etc further and more competitive to Ayanad gears instead of only 1 option to replace them all at lv 55
it would prefer to have 5/6 equally competitive gears to chose from at end game
and to be aquired via different play styles PvP , PvE, Dungeon ETC

The ability to pick stats at Ayanad level strictly(keep RNG crafting at lower tiers) would be a good compromise between implementing class diversity without implementing Hiram/Erenor gear. That way the people with gambling addictions can get their fix while leaving us normal(relatively/not really) people who don't have dopamine issues unaffected. Being able to pick stats would be for final tier obsidian might also be something to look at since that would offset the slightly lower stats to Ayanad. Being railroaded into a particular armor/set type to be viable is a frustrating weakpoint of the class and crafting system.

Let's be honest, the current crafting system is such cancer that even swipers have to hunt and peck Ayanad sets off the market. Heck, even getting a full Delphinad set requires a shit ton of patience if you're a buyer because a minority of people actually enjoy crafting.

Hell, maybe we'll get less Darkrunners running around with Life Nodachis one of these days. 'Cuz that sweet mana regen from spirit is super fuckin' useful for DRs'idk.

Last edited:
The ability to pick stats at Ayanad level strictly(keep RNG crafting at lower tiers) would be a good compromise between implementing class diversity without implementing Hiram/Erenor gear. That way the people with gambling addictions can get their fix while leaving us normal(relatively/not really) people who don't have dopamine issues unaffected.
I actually really love this. I've done a LOT of weaponcrafting, and I really mean a lot (made the first mythic ayanad btw), and I absolutely LOVE the rng crafting in the game. It's something that appeals to a lot of other people too, and all that would need to be done is keep all the crafting recipes the same as 3.0, keep wisps, and then make it so that the Transmuter item in 3.5 can only be used on Ayanad and also make it more expensive to craft the Transmuter in my opinion. That's it, 3.5 weapon crafting fixed and that's all that needs to happen.

Back