What's new

ArcheRage 4.0 Discussion

Firstly, I never said it wasn't possible to kite lightning tigerstrike in 4.0. I stated it was highly improbable you will be able to do so due to exceedingly poor network code that prioritizes the wrong kinds of data. Combined with the fact that attack speed decreases the time for an animation to complete, you are virtually guaranteed to still get off all three hits. The only place I think this may not apply is in KR and JP versions of the game, where network infrastructure is infinitely better than any other developed country, so much so that it very nearly removes those negatives. I play this game with 50ms ping and even that isn't low enough. My post below for reference.

Also, leech is *not* instant from the moment you shadowstep. The ability to cast it is based on your GCD (attack speed).
Also also leech can, and will, flat out miss, even with 100% magical accuracy. It is also often broken by auto attacks from mages, which is just dumb, or DOTS from shock, burning, bleeds, etc. So no, it is not an end all be all answer.

Also attempting to pit enigs against DRs definitely provides the ability to parry, since one of the damn near required skills with enig is Overwhelm, one of only 3 CCs available (FT, overwhelm, leech)

Also how is battle/aura/shadow geared more towards damage? Arguably it is geared towards more CC than damage, and aura is basically pure utility/movement. Half of the big damage moves in that skillset are also major CC.

These arguments make no sense.....
Have you seen videos of 4.0? You'll easily be able to kite the last tiger strike.
Try leech someone and tell me if they can cc you before it goes off.
Enigmatists don't need to use overwhelm, legit shadowstep -> leech -> deep freeze -> nodachi pop -> full cast meteor if that doesn't kill them arc lightning -> gods whip
Mages are damage orientated, DR's are a mix of both. You can also have CC mages e.g. revenants but typically mages are known for their big dik dps.

I really can't be arsed replying to any more of these posts, if you wish to continue just feel free to mail me in-game (Shadowsmite).

Regarding the Kindom's, Unstopables, sodas, liquors, tables, etc:

Breaking them down to the components will flood the market with worthless mats. Simply allowing them to remain but no ability to further craft them is a far more reasonable solution. New players will be able to buy some on the auction house. The supply will be finite and the player base is so small at the moment, any stock will not have much impact. Also, this decomposition actually punishes your more loyal players who continue to log in and support the game.

If leaving previous versions of gems is reasonable, then these buffs are too.

Please leave current supplies in game.
Agreed ! +1 for this comment.

After reading all of this, I do agree that defensive buffs should stay in game. Its actually sad how much defense penetration melee can stack up to in order to kill someone. And of course anyone that defends darkrunners and their abilities, are darkrunners themselves wanting to stay the top class.
There are many changes in 4.0 that should be looked intensively into, as it can chase away loyal people easily.
Buffs being on the major changes, along with gems.

After reading all of this, I do agree that defensive buffs should stay in game. Its actually sad how much defense penetration melee can stack up to in order to kill someone. And of course anyone that defends darkrunners and their abilities, are darkrunners themselves wanting to stay the top class.
There are many changes in 4.0 that should be looked intensively into, as it can chase away loyal people easily.
Buffs being on the major changes, along with gems.
Agreed. Unfortunately, @Sparkle already said they're still removing them anyway, which I still think is a bad decision. Oh well, might as well start running around naked like others said.

Last edited:
I don't know why they would, when a majority here has voiced their disagreement. I mean they added more inc sacks for goodness sake but wont keep a defense boost in game. Hey AR staff, 4.0+ was the nail in the coffin for many.. make sure you avoid those areas that did it in the patch notes.

I don't know why they would, when a majority here has voiced their disagreement. I mean they added more inc sacks for goodness sake but wont keep a defense boost in game. Hey AR staff, 4.0+ was the nail in the coffin for many.. make sure you avoid those areas that did it in the patch notes.
My thoughts exactly. Really shows how much our input matters. They'll just do what they want regardless. 'idk

My thoughts exactly. Really shows how much our input matters. They'll just do what they want regardless. 'idk
It's because there are people that agree and disagree. I personally disagree. If they move forward with keeping all the ridiculous, extra buffs in the game, there will be just as many upset people about it. The entire purpose of getting rid of potions is because they are a gold sink and creates imbalance between equally geared players.

It's because there are people that agree and disagree. I personally disagree. If they move forward with keeping all the ridiculous, extra buffs in the game, there will be just as many upset people about it. The entire purpose of getting rid of potions is because they are a gold sink and creates imbalance between equally geared players.
Been a long time since I've seen anyone complain about buffs being in the game. Actually, I see more people complain when someone DOESN'T buff up. Not to mention there's nothing stopping anyone from buying/crafting them, so what imbalance are you talking about? People having a chance to last against higher geared players/cheese classes and not get one-shot, or what?

Last edited:
funny coming from a guy who pops buffs (half of which are staying) and wipes half a raid just because he's high gear DR
oh wait, DR's are bad in RvR I've been told

So u want to remove the buffs because players can hoard, i have like 5k archeum ore, 80k copper ore, 50K silver ore, 60K stone, thousands of combat scrolls+books from events and cash shop, hundreds of labor potions, i can make tons of gold with this. Is against any rule or what!? Copper will skyrocket in price, in live is 2g+ each copper ore, now imagine with 80k copper how much gold can u make in 4.0...I need to know what is gonna be removed from the game. Patch notes is not clear enough.

Last edited:
Have you seen videos of 4.0? You'll easily be able to kite the last tiger strike.
Try leech someone and tell me if they can cc you before it goes off.
Enigmatists don't need to use overwhelm, legit shadowstep -> leech -> deep freeze -> nodachi pop -> full cast meteor if that doesn't kill them arc lightning -> gods whip
Mages are damage orientated, DR's are a mix of both. You can also have CC mages e.g. revenants but typically mages are known for their big dik dps.

I really can't be arsed replying to any more of these posts, if you wish to continue just feel free to mail me in-game (Shadowsmite).

You "can't be arsed" because frankly you recognize you don't have a leg to stand on. I know who you are in game - an utterly average DR. Your entire defense is based on your cheese spec, and you "think" (but realize you are spewing crap) just because there are like 3 classes that can kill you that means DR isn't the most unbalanced, overpowered broken garbage to ever exist in a game.

You are defending a class that has been bitched about since like day 2 of the lv 55 patch. It is way too powerful and capable for what it is, made even more so by the XLGames developers' braindead decisions with how the stats work pre 4.5.

The root of the problem isn't even the synergy though - it is battlerage as a whole. Far too powerful and capable on its own, and remains unfixed for many patches to come. 6.0 archeage actually got it right, where the classes are balanced and require some semblance of skills.

Ironclad is no longer in Honor shop in 4.0 and instead available for 1000 Gilda Stars from Mirage or Marketplace. Not available in Marketplace on RU/EU right now, but they'll add it there.

@Sparkle Is that change with the ironclad design happening on our server as well?

Potions help equalize whether it be a dungeon or pvp. It is more for the underdogs, although every player has the ability (before 4.0) to use them.

I really gave some thought to the "gold sink" argument and I have just one question: Isn't it a bigger gold sink to remove items that players have spent gold, labor and time to craft? In 4.0 it will require more resources to even process mats from raw materials. So if I make 100K hereafter stones prior to 4.0, is it not a gold sink? That quantity certainly gives me (totally hypothetical - I have no stock of hereafters!) an unfair advantage as far as ease of movement and the ability to arrive at a destination faster than some others are able.

Furthermore, destroying existing defense buffs is a greater waste than allowing them to diminish over time. What in heaven's name will players do with thousands of clubhead fungus and sparkling dust, just to name a few examples. Fert pack values will plummet because the ingredients for them is what a majority of the refunded mats will go to.

The best thing about this game WAS that there was something for every gaming style. And removing the defense buffs is just the first step in removing the viability of crafting in the game. No more defense buffs in 4.0. Then comes the crash in the armor crafting in 4.5 due to the introduction of Hiram. And then the game looks like most other grind-fests.

Many of us came to this server because it offered the parts we loved that were removed or bastardized in Live. Leaving the defense buffs in game will have no huge impact in the big picture on this server. We are one small server- if 100 people have some stock piled, how does that change much of anything? People will share them w others in their guilds or raids. It is actually additional incentive to play with the larger groups.

Removing the defense buffs is the precursor to Hiram. Hiram destroyed the the value of most crafted gear. Add to that the impending devaluation of packs due to a glut in the refunded mats, and the economy will suffer.

Potions help equalize whether it be a dungeon or pvp. It is more for the underdogs, although every player has the ability (before 4.0) to use them.

I really gave some thought to the "gold sink" argument and I have just one question: Isn't it a bigger gold sink to remove items that players have spent gold, labor and time to craft? In 4.0 it will require more resources to even process mats from raw materials. So if I make 100K hereafter stones prior to 4.0, is it not a gold sink? That quantity certainly gives me (totally hypothetical - I have no stock of hereafters!) an unfair advantage as far as ease of movement and the ability to arrive at a destination faster than some others are able.

Furthermore, destroying existing defense buffs is a greater waste than allowing them to diminish over time. What in heaven's name will players do with thousands of clubhead fungus and sparkling dust, just to name a few examples. Fert pack values will plummet because the ingredients for them is what a majority of the refunded mats will go to.

The best thing about this game WAS that there was something for every gaming style. And removing the defense buffs is just the first step in removing the viability of crafting in the game. No more defense buffs in 4.0. Then comes the crash in the armor crafting in 4.5 due to the introduction of Hiram. And then the game looks like most other grind-fests.

Many of us came to this server because it offered the parts we loved that were removed or bastardized in Live. Leaving the defense buffs in game will have no huge impact in the big picture on this server. We are one small server- if 100 people have some stock piled, how does that change much of anything? People will share them w others in their guilds or raids. It is actually additional incentive to play with the larger groups.

Removing the defense buffs is the precursor to Hiram. Hiram destroyed the the value of most crafted gear. Add to that the impending devaluation of packs due to a glut in the refunded mats, and the economy will suffer.
@Sparkle needs to read this. Very well put.

Guessing its too late to really make any changes to the buffs now, but if the issue is actually as bad as people fear i'd like to see the topic revisited with plenty of evidence that things are as bad as it was claimed it would be.

Personally i'm all for defensive buffs being in game as it slows the pace of battle a bit.

yes, there has been a lot of evidence provided by us why removing buffs is a bad thing and literary zero evidence or reason provided why it is a good or needed change besides irellevant comment on how ppl can hoard

Are you the dude darkrunner with legendary buff 8k+ gs that need to come like a rat when players are grind mobs for erenor cloack? If is you, i understand why u want the buffs removed. Is easy to kill low geared players without buffs. Noobland.

except for the highest tier obsidian you can already do that with transmuters or the obsidian cloaking coming up, I don't really see the issue in changing from DR to archer or leather tank, if you wanna play different style class you need to put in effort into changing gear, if you wanna play the new OP you should not be helped to do that but taxed for doing that
Changing the stat with a transmuter isn't the same as swapping to a different weapon, and correct me if I'm wrong but the obsidian wrapping simply unbinds the item.

Tax? That's a rather interesting way of deflecting the class equivalent of buyers' remorse and a euphemism for class privilege. Regardless of how you look at it, how long do you think someone will play the game if they hate what they play? 4.0 is mostly about changing some mechanics, content-wise it's extremely bare and won't retain people long term. The point of a game is to have fun, if people aren't having fun they'll leave. I suggested the one time reroll to address the problem of flavor-of-the-month classes and abuse.

I've been an avid supporter of this server for a while, and like many here I'm of the mind people will tire of AA unchanged then come back to ArcheRage. After trying live again....I'm not so sure of my initial assumptions.

Time will tell.

Are you the dude darkrunner with legendary buff 8k+ gs that need to come like a rat when players are grind mobs for erenor cloack? If is you, i understand why u want the buffs removed. Is easy to kill low geared players without buffs. Noobland.
So I'm not the only person to run into that particular goober? Also, let's not talk about how the purified tower attack tickles his junk rather than dealing damage while he smashes our faces in.

Back