What's new

ArcheRage 4.0 Discussion

Hello dear players and administration!
I am glad that administration decided to install update 4.0. But along with this, I noticed one problem on all official servers, after honor began to drop out from mobs, such pvp events as Halcyona war and M.M became boring, because few people visited them. On our server at moment we can get about 20k honor by visiting only every event per day. I really hope that administration and the players will support me in removing honor bags from objects that could fall from mobs to Auroria.

I would also like to note that so far, for entire existence of our private servers (Russian and American), no player factions and no guild has even tried to kill Leviathan. It all comes down to the fact that it is very complicated and requires too much resources, patience and good preparation for this. I would like administration and players to support me in that it is necessary to simplify farm of Leviathan, which will be equivalent to farm of Kraken, but at the same time give a truncated loot from the boss.
For defeat given out full enoan galleon blueprint, armor of Lord of Seas. For hanging corpse of Leviathan on a hook, which is located on diamond shores, give out a very good buff, honor, and as I heard a lot of gold. I think, in return for simplifying farm, administration should cut drop enoan galleon blueprint, and also remove amount of gold that is given for killing a leviathan, or reduce it by several times, equal to amount that you get from Kraken.
I would also like to add that do not need to give 1 hour to kill the Reedwind, need to remove restrictions, as well as Kraken, Dragon and Leviathan.
I really hope that players and administration will support my idea, because we need more pvp content!

Can you change Bondbreaker & Shrug it off with the release of 4.0 ?
Revert the change that was once appplied, which removed the ability to pre-cast both skills.
Have them be useable at any time, but only make them give immunity to CC when it actually removes a debuff.

e.g. right now, if you are stunned and use Shrug, it'll remove the stun and apply immunity for 5s.
change it so you can use it whenever, and only apply immunity when you were actually stunned / impaled.

Reason behind this change is this:

I don't want to go into detail how this is achieved, but it is automated gameplay and last time I read the rules, it was a violation against them.
Fix it with the suggestion above.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Hny
  • Added an anchor for the Merchant Ship.
This, is, strange? I mean, some ships weren't made to have those things. An anchor is suposed to HOLD a BIG ship in place, and i understand that a merchant is a good-size ship, but it was meant for way bigger ones. Merchants most valuable stat is speed. Adding an anchor is counter to this idea. A merchant doesnt need to be stuck in the same place. This would at the same time: Make it possible to be ganked @ sea, and impossible to be ganked @ land.

The need for an anchor on a merchant ship is simple. There are those who would harpoon a merchant while it's being unloaded and try to drag it out from the safety of the trade zone. Anchors/harpoons on merchants help prevent this.

Agree, all this does is force pve players into more pvp situations and caused the simple act of traveling to become stupidly expensive. Promoting pvp and getting more people to engage in it is a good thing, but this should be done via reward, not punishment / limitation. Make pvp attractive to those not currently participating, dont make it necessary to play that game. The former will get more people CHOOSING to be involved, while the later just drives them away from the game.

What you have to remember, is how vital those pve players are to a game like this that has the majority endgame consisting of pvp. Those players who just want to quest, grind, farm and craft... they are vital to the overall economy of the game, they keep the markets alive and flush with crafted goods, gear, cash and consumables needed by the pvpers, because its all they do! If you remove them from the equation you just have a bunch of high level pvpers stealing from each other, the markets become barren which imposes major hindrances to newer players joining and increases the entry level difficulty many times over, which dries up the pool of "new blood" coming in that could have ended up contributing to the pvp endgame.

Again, if you want to increase the number of players engaging in pvp, do it by making it desirable to them, give them a reason to want to engage, not by taking all the pve options out and forcing them to.

Note: I should add that I enjoy and engage in the pvp just as much, if not more than the pve! I know my comments here make it seem like I am only interested in the pve aspects but it couldnt be further from the truth! I simply know how important those pve players are to the game overall and have already watched them be alienated and left out once and saw how the effects of that contributed to the degradation of the game as a whole! :)
This here, I love this. This is exactly why the live servers are going to fail. They push and push for PvP at the expense of those who are not in it for PvP. I run both ways, I enjoy PvP (when it's done right, and actually fighting against other -red- players for a predetermined goal, not for the sake of bashing others just to be bashing them) and I enjoy PvE. The crafting and farming and trade aspects, the artistry, and the social aspects, are what hold me here when other games have been abandoned for a lack of continued interest.

I am one of those who love the cosmetics, the costumes and such and yes, will spend real money to get game credits to get those items. I dumped more money into this free version of the game in the first two weeks I played, than I have the live version in three months.

The need for an anchor on a merchant ship is simple. There are those who would harpoon a merchant while it's being unloaded and try to drag it out from the safety of the trade zone. Anchors/harpoons on merchants help prevent this.
This works both ways if they find you on the ocean all it takes is 1 person to stop your ship to a halt. How about we simply don’t add the anchor it’s a stupid idea to have on a merchant ship

This works both ways if they find you on the ocean all it takes is 1 person to stop your ship to a halt. How about we simply don’t add the anchor it’s a stupid idea to have on a merchant ship

I am for the anchor on the merchant, you can still remove it later on.

Somewhat on topic... sort of.. but does anyone know the full recipe for the new T1/T2 gems? I've no idea if the recipe on current live version is the same as 4.0 gets but it would be useful to know in advance.

What you have to remember, is how vital those pve players are to a game like this that has the majority endgame consisting of pvp. Those players who just want to quest, grind, farm and craft... they are vital to the overall economy of the game, they keep the markets alive and flush with crafted goods, gear, cash and consumables needed by the pvpers, because its all they do! If you remove them from the equation you just have a bunch of high level pvpers stealing from each other, the markets become barren which imposes major hindrances to newer players joining and increases the entry level difficulty many times over, which dries up the pool of "new blood" coming in that could have ended up contributing to the pvp endgame.

I hear this opinion in every MMO I play, and it's just comically not true. The PVPers are typically more capable of acquiring gold by any means faster than the PVE players, allowing them to progress gear faster in order to fight. I'm a PVPer and can guarantee that I can make more gold than PVE-centric players in a week, as can almost every top-geared PVPer on the server. PVE players may provide materials for people who want to progress naturally, but by no means does your removal completely lower the gear of PVPers. How many carebears do you see regrading? How many carebears do you see making ship components? How many carebears do you see making high-end armor and weapons? One in a hundred?

I hear this opinion in every MMO I play, and it's just comically not true. The PVPers are typically more capable of acquiring gold by any means faster than the PVE players, allowing them to progress gear faster in order to fight. I'm a PVPer and can guarantee that I can make more gold than PVE-centric players in a week, as can almost every top-geared PVPer on the server. PVE players may provide materials for people who want to progress naturally, but by no means does your removal completely lower the gear of PVPers. How many carebears do you see regrading? How many carebears do you see making ship components? How many carebears do you see making high-end armor and weapons? One in a hundred?

First, let me point out that I do not necessarily disagree with anything you have said.
Second, let me also point out, that almost everything you said, has absolutely nothing to do with almost anything that I was saying.

I never once compared the gold acquisition rates/capabilities of PvE players and PvP players, I don't believe that I said a single word about regrading top tier gear, and I never said that a lack of PvE players would lower the gear of top-tier PvPers (what does that even mean, you already got your stuff?). Now maybe, by lumping too many things into one sentence about them keeping the markets alive, (consumables and the like) that was how it came across, and if so then that was my bad. But you have completely missed the point I was making.

What I am referring to is the overall health and longevity of the game as a whole. In order for any multiplayer game to survive, it needs a steady flow of new players coming in, that is simple fact, it's straight business 101. If you want new players to come into a game like this, find that they enjoy the game, and stick around, then you need a healthy economy throughout all stages of the game, not just up there at the top where you are.

Markets need a complete array of goods from all level ranges if a game like this is going to thrive. Sure if all the PvE players packed up and left it may not have a big effect on you, you are already at the top. I am referring to everyone else, and all of the potential new players coming in. You already have a game that is more complex and more capable than most any other mmo out there. There are many aspects to the game, a lot of which are absolutely essential to progression in one way or another, there are a lot of systems to learn, with complexities that intertwine each other among them, if you compound it by removing the presence of a healthy thriving economy (this means the markets as a whole, not just how much gold can be made in a hour or a week or the fancy top tier weapons and armor that cost 120K+ per piece), it creates a huge barrier to entry for anyone starting out or even returning who needs to catch up, hell anyone who is not already at the level that you are talking about.

If they cant rely on the markets and goods from other players to supplement their own work and efforts as they try to progress in this big complex new world they have discovered, and have to learn and do every single aspect of it themselves, its no longer a game, its no longer fun, it becomes a chore... a job... and most people wont stick around for that, because they came here to have fun. And if new players arent sticking around... guess what... the game will shut down eventually. Because all those fancy top tier guys are eventually going to get bored of doing the same stuff day in and day out and will move on to new games. If there's no-one sticking around to fill those gaps, no company is going to continue incurring the costs of keeping the game running. They'll start merging servers together to lower the hardware and bandwidth costs, they'll start removing anything that doesn't directly push people into the biggest money making activities like... top tier PvP gear progression. And eventually, you will be looking for more private servers that may have some sort of population left to play with, or you will be looking for a new game, which you probably wont be happy with because all of the mmos being made today are pretty much trash with so much hand holding and coddling that you could play them in your sleep.

You have this big huge world of mechanics and systems that are in truth mostly designed around the non PvP elements of the game, farming, crafting, fishing, treasure hunting, trading, commerce etc. But they all, eventually, feed into the PvP endgame, whether you want to admit it or not.

Now in this particular game it may not be "quite" so reliant on it because as you put it, you do not have to "progress naturally", you don't have to play the game to get to the top. You can, if you want, simply swipe your credit card and get an express ticket. That's great, but its the combined whole of it all that sets a game like this apart from the crap that dominates the majority of the market today. It's the options, and the freedom to engage in... any.. all of the stuff this game offers, that creates appeal to new players. And if you want to still be playing this game... a year from now... then those new players MUST come, and they MUST stay. And if all they find when they get here, is you guys, and the unobtainable high end stuff you're putting on the markets... there's no way that's going to happen.

My comments have in no way been meant to segregate or compare differences between PvP and PvE players, they have been about the growth and continuation of the game as a whole and the importance of the full player base in that. If I mis-represented that somehow, then my apologies.

And if nothing I have said has convinced you of any of the point I was trying to make... then simply look at the live version of the game. The simple fact that you are playing here, and not there, is proof. Their way did not work, and my comments have been intended, to be about not blindly following in their footsteps... because simply put, they f*cked up!

On a bit of a side note, do you know what brought me to this game in the beginning? The only reason I even tried this game... It was the fact that you could be a pirate. That you could build your own ship, crew it with your friends, and go plunder, raize, kill and steal from everyone else. That is the ONLY reason I even looked twice at this game in the beginning. What I found when I got here... was a bustling virtual world full of more things to engage in and do than I ever thought I would see in one game. More systems, more mechanics, more aspects to varied gameplay and more freedom than I had ever seen in any other game before. Why on earth, would anyone, regardless of play-style, argue to pigeon hole that?

Last edited:
First, let me point out that I do not necessarily disagree with anything you have said.
Second, let me also point out, that almost everything you said, has absolutely nothing to do with almost anything that I was saying.

I never once compared the gold acquisition rates/capabilities of PvE players and PvP players, I don't believe that I said a single word about regrading top tier gear, and I never said that a lack of PvE players would lower the gear of top-tier PvPers (what does that even mean, you already got your stuff?). Now maybe, by lumping too many things into one sentence about them keeping the markets alive, (consumables and the like) that was how it came across, and if so then that was my bad. But you have completely missed the point I was making.

What I am referring to is the overall health and longevity of the game as a whole. In order for any multiplayer game to survive, it needs a steady flow of new players coming in, that is simple fact, it's straight business 101. If you want new players to come into a game like this, find that they enjoy the game, and stick around, then you need a healthy economy throughout all stages of the game, not just up there at the top where you are.

Markets need a complete array of goods from all level ranges if a game like this is going to thrive. Sure if all the PvE players packed up and left it may not have a big effect on you, you are already at the top. I am referring to everyone else, and all of the potential new players coming in. You already have a game that is more complex and more capable than most any other mmo out there. There are many aspects to the game, a lot of which are absolutely essential to progression in one way or another, there are a lot of systems to learn, with complexities that intertwine each other among them, if you compound it by removing the presence of a healthy thriving economy (this means the markets as a whole, not just how much gold can be made in a hour or a week or the fancy top tier weapons and armor that cost 120K+ per piece), it creates a huge barrier to entry for anyone starting out or even returning who needs to catch up, hell anyone who is not already at the level that you are talking about.

If they cant rely on the markets and goods from other players to supplement their own work and efforts as they try to progress in this big complex new world they have discovered, and have to learn and do every single aspect of it themselves, its no longer a game, its no longer fun, it becomes a chore... a job... and most people wont stick around for that, because they came here to have fun. And if new players arent sticking around... guess what... the game will shut down eventually. Because all those fancy top tier guys are eventually going to get bored of doing the same stuff day in and day out and will move on to new games. If there's no-one sticking around to fill those gaps, no company is going to continue incurring the costs of keeping the game running. They'll start merging servers together to lower the hardware and bandwidth costs, they'll start removing anything that doesn't directly push people into the biggest money making activities like... top tier PvP gear progression. And eventually, you will be looking for more private servers that may have some sort of population left to play with, or you will be looking for a new game, which you probably wont be happy with because all of the mmos being made today are pretty much trash with so much hand holding and coddling that you could play them in your sleep.

You have this big huge world of mechanics and systems that are in truth mostly designed around the non PvP elements of the game, farming, crafting, fishing, treasure hunting, trading, commerce etc. But they all, eventually, feed into the PvP endgame, whether you want to admit it or not.

Now in this particular game it may not be "quite" so reliant on it because as you put it, you do not have to "progress naturally", you don't have to play the game to get to the top. You can, if you want, simply swipe your credit card and get an express ticket. That's great, but its the combined whole of it all that sets a game like this apart from the crap that dominates the majority of the market today. It's the options, and the freedom to engage in... any.. all of the stuff this game offers, that creates appeal to new players. And if you want to still be playing this game... a year from now... then those new players MUST come, and they MUST stay. And if all they find when they get here, is you guys, and the unobtainable high end stuff you're putting on the markets... there's no way that's going to happen.

My comments have in no way been meant to segregate or compare differences between PvP and PvE players, they have been about the growth and continuation of the game as a whole and the importance of the full player base in that. If I mis-represented that somehow, then my apologies.

And if nothing I have said has convinced you of any of the point I was trying to make... then simply look at the live version of the game. The simple fact that you are playing here, and not there, is proof. Their way did not work, and my comments have been intended, to be about not blindly following in their footsteps... because simply put, they f*cked up!

On a bit of a side note, do you know what brought me to this game in the beginning? The only reason I even tried this game... It was the fact that you could be a pirate. That you could build your own ship, crew it with your friends, and go plunder, raize, kill and steal from everyone else. That is the ONLY reason I even looked twice at this game in the beginning. What I found when I got here... was a bustling virtual world full of more things to engage in and do than I ever thought I would see in one game. More systems, more mechanics, more aspects to varied gameplay and more freedom than I had ever seen in any other game before. Why on earth, would anyone, regardless of play-style, argue to pigeon hole that?

tl dr? ;-;

Hello dear players and administration!
I am glad that administration decided to install update 4.0. But along with this, I noticed one problem on all official servers, after honor began to drop out from mobs, such pvp events as Halcyona war and M.M became boring, because few people visited them. On our server at moment we can get about 20k honor by visiting only every event per day. I really hope that administration and the players will support me in removing honor bags from objects that could fall from mobs to Auroria.

I would also like to note that so far, for entire existence of our private servers (Russian and American), no player factions and no guild has even tried to kill Leviathan. It all comes down to the fact that it is very complicated and requires too much resources, patience and good preparation for this. I would like administration and players to support me in that it is necessary to simplify farm of Leviathan, which will be equivalent to farm of Kraken, but at the same time give a truncated loot from the boss.
For defeat given out full enoan galleon blueprint, armor of Lord of Seas. For hanging corpse of Leviathan on a hook, which is located on diamond shores, give out a very good buff, honor, and as I heard a lot of gold. I think, in return for simplifying farm, administration should cut drop enoan galleon blueprint, and also remove amount of gold that is given for killing a leviathan, or reduce it by several times, equal to amount that you get from Kraken.
I would also like to add that do not need to give 1 hour to kill the Reedwind, need to remove restrictions, as well as Kraken, Dragon and Leviathan.
I really hope that players and administration will support my idea, because we need more pvp content!
Remove nations if u want more pvp in events like Halcy/MM and WB.

Removing nations is a dope idea just ruins the game with the pop there is

It'd be a healthier option than letting them continue tbh. Look at the current situation now. A nation of both East and West's top GS players sitting in a gear average of almost 6.5k is allied with a faction of potatoes and casuals to fight a faction of potatoes and casuals. They complain there's no one to fight, being all butt-hurt when they bring upwards of 40 to fight 10 and expect the 10 to be okay with being fish in a barrel for them to shoot. Meanwhile, they're comprised of the top GS players from the home factions. At no point have I seen anyone actually look around and say "you know, there's a lot of power here. We should split up and try to teach more people to play the game correctly so we can make our own PVP!" Instead, if a leader tries to step up they immediately squash any momentum, because they don't want PVP. They want more targets to 2-shot. Yeah, removing nations might make some of them quit, but is that a bad thing? The people who will quit with that decision will most likely be the toxic ones driving people away from the server in the first place. Those who stay would have more reason to train up the next generation of PVP players on both East and West. And we all know that's a necessity at this point.

Suggestion 1: Remove player nations. It will revitalize the populations on east and west. The ones that throw a fit and quit aren't worth keeping, if they can't see the harm that PNs are doing to event activities. (If you want to rebel and split off away from the factions, that's what Pirate is for.)

Suggestion 2: Change the Halcyona event time to be different/more frequent than midnight/noon Eastern. I can't regularly attend either because I'm sleeping/working at those times, respectively.

Thanks for listening :)

It'd be a healthier option than letting them continue tbh. Look at the current situation now. A nation of both East and West's top GS players sitting in a gear average of almost 6.5k is allied with a faction of potatoes and casuals to fight a faction of potatoes and casuals. They complain there's no one to fight, being all butt-hurt when they bring upwards of 40 to fight 10 and expect the 10 to be okay with being fish in a barrel for them to shoot. Meanwhile, they're comprised of the top GS players from the home factions. At no point have I seen anyone actually look around and say "you know, there's a lot of power here. We should split up and try to teach more people to play the game correctly so we can make our own PVP!" Instead, if a leader tries to step up they immediately squash any momentum, because they don't want PVP. They want more targets to 2-shot. Yeah, removing nations might make some of them quit, but is that a bad thing? The people who will quit with that decision will most likely be the toxic ones driving people away from the server in the first place. Those who stay would have more reason to train up the next generation of PVP players on both East and West. And we all know that's a necessity at this point.
+1

Back