What's new

ArcheRage 4.0 Discussion

It literally takes 2 days of fishing to reach lvl 52. Why is getting rid of those even a debate. Smarten up and worry about important things.

Well this is a thread to ask for whatever you think should or should not be in 4.0, and this is just one thing of many that I asked not to be changed. Doesn't mean I worry about it. I am free to have an opinion. And another of my opinions is that fishing to level up is useless to focus on as there are many other things that will, in the long run, be more useful to level with.

So ye I still stand by what I said to not add stuff like exp and pet exp stones to the honor store.

So I guess since I've been ignored, we can expect 4.5 next summer 2020, 5.0 in 2021 if the server doesn't shut down from people quitting due to not wanting to be 3 years behind main servers. The need for a 'time capsule' server is no more. Slowing our progression and keeping us years away from even NA Trion servers at this point is ridiculous.

Increased basic regrade chance of some grades in the following way:
  • Arcane > Heroic → +100% (meaning, if a chance was 30%, it will become 30% x2 = 60%)
  • Heroic > Unique → +100%
  • Unique > Celestial → +100%
  • Celestial > Divine → +100%
  • Divine > Epic → +30%
  • Epic > Legendary → +20%
  • Legendary > Mythic → +10%
@Sparkle Could you explain this better? What kind of items will it be for? Ty ^^

• Arcane > Heroic → +100% (meaning, if a chance was 30%, it will become 30% x2 = 60%)
  • Divine > Epic → +30%
@Sparkle Could you explain this better? What kind of items will it be for? Ty ^^
Wondering this myself, also will armor/weapon charms get an update or will they just be useless?

So I guess since I've been ignored, we can expect 4.5 next summer 2020, 5.0 in 2021 if the server doesn't shut down from people quitting due to not wanting to be 3 years behind main servers. The need for a 'time capsule' server is no more. Slowing our progression and keeping us years away from even NA Trion servers at this point is ridiculous.

Hf in 2020 I guess.

Edit; Ew I thought you were talking about lack of info regarding 4.0 and when it happens.. but I guess you mean the awful “custom” Patch notes

Last edited:
@Sparkle

why do you list all this as “custom patch notes” when the first 3 parts starting at [General] are all exactly the same patch notes as the original, wherein we asked stuff to change and nothing happened..... ???????

Edit: I mean to say that things I saw in discussion thread to be edited/not put through are sadly still in the ‘regular’ list.

Last edited:
• The rules of acquiring Abyssal Shards and Abyssal Crystals has been adjusted. These items can be acquired from Greater dungeon quests or strong monsters in dungeons. Abyssal Shards have a chance to be dropped from normal or strong monsters in dungeons. Abyssal Crystals will only be dropped by bosses.
• Using a transmuter now costs 200 labor, to reduce rapid item swapping
• Adjusted the Honor Point gain of some quests.
• Warehouses Raids have changed. When a warehouse is full, it will be vulnerable for 1 hour. Raided goods can no longer be returned to the warehouse - they can only be salvaged. The raided warehouse can be repaired with 15 Lord's Coins and it will take 46 hours to be fully repaired after being sacked.
• Raw stone can now be acquired from a Stone Pile. Stone Piles have a chance to spawn a Fortuna Vein. This change will decrease the Iron Ore supply but increase the Raw Stone supply.
• The following consumables have been discontinued: Drinks, Liquors, Fortuna Dies, Runes, Spellbooks, and Protection Potions.
• Added the Spellshift Orb, which may be used to extract T4 and T5 Obsidian items. This material can be used at the crafting bench to make the next tier of Obsidian. Once the item is made, it can then be uncloaked into the statistics you may want. Cloaking and Uncloaking the item does not unbind it, but upgrading the item will still unbind it.
• Adjusted the Gilda Star Shop prices and items:
• Added a recipe to craft an Aquarium. This can be crafted with Basic Furniture Collection, 20 Lumber, 500 Sparkling Shell Dust, and 10 Water at the Carpentry Workbench.
Auramancy
• Inspire: Attack Speed Boost reduced from 53 to 42.

I disagree and question some of these.

As the following consumables have been discontinued: Drinks, Liquors, Fortuna Dies, Runes, Spellbooks, and Protection Potions, they will be completely removed from the game.

This is very disappointing. The only reason I even leveled alchemy/cooking(which was a pain in the ass by the way), and printing was to make these exact buffs. I didn't play much of live after 2.9, but this seems very unnecessary and I really hope you guys change your minds about implementing this change.

Last edited:
  • Divine > Epic → +30%

I'd like to know this too. Regrade rates are seperated by dungeon&quest gear, obsidian&raid-boss gear, crafted&rest.
Does all gear improve by the amount above ?

So if obsidian divine -> epic is 5.2% without charms, it'll now be 5.2% * 1.3 (30%) = 6.76% ?

• Divine > Epic → +30%
Everything except of pets and mounts gear as well as other summoned items like ships, carts, etc.​
Will add that info to the patch notes.​
I see that you are upset that we didn't skip 4.0 and went directly to 4.5, but that doesn't mean you were ignored. We always stated that we are going to follow the global updates, without skipping them, but instead will implement custom changes with them.
And your calculations are incorrect. Global updates are released by us approx once in 6 months, but 4.5 is planned to be release sooner than that. I mentioned it before as well.

@Sparkle

why do you list all this as “custom patch notes” when the first 3 parts starting at [General] are all exactly the same patch notes as the original, wherein we asked stuff to change and nothing happened..... ???????

Edit: I mean to say that things I saw in discussion thread to be edited/not put through are sadly still in the ‘regular’ list.

Updates thread is divided into sections. If you scroll down you'll see all the custom updates there. They were added in a separate section for players comfort. All previously added custom updates will be transferred to 4.0 as well.

• The rules of acquiring Abyssal Shards and Abyssal Crystals has been adjusted. These items can be acquired from Greater dungeon quests or strong monsters in dungeons. Abyssal Shards have a chance to be dropped from normal or strong monsters in dungeons. Abyssal Crystals will only be dropped by bosses.
• Using a transmuter now costs 200 labor, to reduce rapid item swapping
• Adjusted the Honor Point gain of some quests.
• Warehouses Raids have changed. When a warehouse is full, it will be vulnerable for 1 hour. Raided goods can no longer be returned to the warehouse - they can only be salvaged. The raided warehouse can be repaired with 15 Lord's Coins and it will take 46 hours to be fully repaired after being sacked.
• Raw stone can now be acquired from a Stone Pile. Stone Piles have a chance to spawn a Fortuna Vein. This change will decrease the Iron Ore supply but increase the Raw Stone supply.
• The following consumables have been discontinued: Drinks, Liquors, Fortuna Dies, Runes, Spellbooks, and Protection Potions.
• Added the Spellshift Orb, which may be used to extract T4 and T5 Obsidian items. This material can be used at the crafting bench to make the next tier of Obsidian. Once the item is made, it can then be uncloaked into the statistics you may want. Cloaking and Uncloaking the item does not unbind it, but upgrading the item will still unbind it.
• Adjusted the Gilda Star Shop prices and items:
• Added a recipe to craft an Aquarium. This can be crafted with Basic Furniture Collection, 20 Lumber, 500 Sparkling Shell Dust, and 10 Water at the Carpentry Workbench.
Auramancy
• Inspire: Attack Speed Boost reduced from 53 to 42.

I disagree and question some of these.

Many of the suggestions you posted and were mentioned by other players as well and were implemented by us, however, we can't make all the changes based on one player suggestions only.

As the following consumables have been discontinued: Drinks, Liquors, Fortuna Dies, Runes, Spellbooks, and Protection Potions, they will be completely removed from the game.

This is very disappointing. The only reason I even leveled alchemy/cooking(which was a pain in the ass by the way), and printing was to make these exact buffs. I didn't play much of live after 2.9, but this seems very unnecessary and I really hope you guys change your minds about implementing this change.

Im also disappointed by this, am I gonna get a labor refund on all these I just made or what? cause the mats are useless to me especially for the juices/wines, Also levelled cooking and alchemy just to make these and turns out they're gonna go down the drain into shit that I'm not gonna use! and If im not mistaken they were kept in the game on live you just couldnt continue to craft them...

Last edited:
Reactions: Hny
Losing the defense buffs in particular is a bit of a blow for pve but i do understand the desire to simplify things. Would there have been no way to alter the buffs so they only worked in PvE?

Defensive buffs in pve are gonna be unnecessary since 4.0 gems but that's exactly what makes necessary the old buffs stock for PVP, maybe limit the distribution or just set them bind on pickup but a complete rough removal is just gonna screw everyone up.
On live they were unchanged intentionally so people could just buy some off the ah till stocks ran out and they released 4.5
So make them bound and plan the removal for 4.5.

One single person with new gems will be able to kill a lot of lower gear people.
Defensive buffs on low gears scales better than on high gear like defense potions.

Last edited:

That is a fantastic change then. The drastic changes to divine and below will help new players catch up with ease to a competitive level. Above divine, it's just a very small percentual increase to already low chances, which is great also. Won't make players that run around in epic and above upset that their gear lost much value. I'm a fan of this change. Thank you

Defensive buffs in pve are gonna be unnecessary since 4.0 gems but that's exactly what makes necessary the old buffs stock for PVP, maybe limit the distribution or just set them bind on pickup but a complete rough removal is just gonna screw everyone up.
On live they were unchanged intentionally so people could just buy some off the ah till stocks ran out and they released 4.5
So make them bound and plan the removal for 4.5.

One single person with new gems will be able to kill a lot of lower gear people.
Defensive buffs on low gears scales better than on high gear like defense potions.

You don't agree with most if not all changing into assorted ribs? Afaik that buff is defensive as well in 4.0? +health and +received damage decrease iirc.

Updates thread is divided into sections. If you scroll down you'll see all the custom updates there. They were added in a separate section for players comfort. All previously added custom updates will be transferred to 4.0 as well.

I said:

@Sparkle

In reference to the skill changes:

For battlerage: Lightning tigerstrike needs a very large damage reduction. The skill hits way too hard. It is bad enough precision strike can hit for 20k+ damage at the tap of a button, but now there is a ranged, instant cast, tracking, teleporting, aimbot, unblockable, undodgeable level skill that can also do 20k damage. Even considering the "Range calculation change" it isn't enough. The damage needs to be reduced. Battlerage has way too many broken overpowered moves, so why are we leaving this in?

For sorcery: wave meteor needs to have that change slightly reduced. Cutting 50% of the damage off of the calculation is absolutely insane. The skill takes a long time to cast, is aimed, and doesn't even have a guarantee of hitting a target with the random way the meteor falls. If it is going to get a reduction it should be at *most* to 400% of the damage, considering all of the negatives that come along with attempting to use it.

Can we please stop leaving battlerage as the supreme overpowered powerhouse and get some freaking balance here?

Back