What's new

ArcheRage 4.5: "Legends Return" - Pre-Update Official Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old festival coins are now temporary will expire on 4/14/2020. Coins that have no crafts available in Mirage Isle Exchanger can be exchanged to Tax Certificates (1 festival coin = 5 Tax Certificate). Right click on the coin for it. Don't forget to spend the coins you still have on hands in time!

What is this malarkey...

This is NOT what I asked for when I said we need to be able to exchange old festival coins for new ones because the old ones do not work in the mirage crafting recipes....

No wonder, it has been a few months and this is your "solution"
Just say FK YOU player for saving your coins up....

I should not have expected any better...

Hi

I have [Winter Maiden Token] left over from last year.
How come it does not merge stacks with this year's [Winter Maiden Token]
For all other events the coins were usually stackable, and, since they were stackable you could use them ALL at the exchanger.

See video: (Stack of 6 is from this year, stack of 139 is from last year)

Due to Not stacking, the Festival Exchanger does not count last years tokens for any of the items. :\\\
See screenshot below.
Only counts the 6 from this year.

Again, all other events had coins which were stackable between different years and you could use ALL coins with the Exchanger.
4DOlTME.png

yes...
I will have to spend my old coins at the exchanger in mirage and then...
when I have an odd number of coins left I can't use them for ANYTHING, they cannot even contribute toward this year's event...

In contrast, all other events their past coins was able to be used in events that came later...
ALL these events had their coins useable across different years
Pawesome
Villanelle Cherry
Autumn Festival
Rum Runners
Hallowtide
Enla
Blue Salt Festival

And of those,
you added new items to Pawesome and Rum Runners AFAIK/can remember
Which were STILL able to be bought with old and new coins alike because they stacked... There was no discrimination.

But now you are saying

As if that makes a difference!!!

This flies in the face of ALL logic presented in other events in run in AR so far...

Very sad !!! :(:(:(:(

And as my friend said

So not only was new stuff added, but, that new stuff is SO MUCH HARDER TO GET

You are punishing players that have stuck around and continued to play...

Just make recipe in exchanger to turn from OLD token into NEW token at 1:1 rate........................................... I would even be okay with 2[old]:1[new] or 3:1... 5:1...
Just don't screw us over like that.....

Tokens is still useless...
Maybe add
Recipe to exchange
The useless tokens :D?
1x Winter Maiden Token for 1x costume piece...

Or even 2 x Winter Maiden Token...

None of this would be a problem if the tokens currency was the same or exchangeable!!!
Or you know, that the recipies was included/changed to accept both NEW and OLD coins...

Obviously no one wants easy solution to this catastrophe!!!!!!!

I keep beating this drum but no one is listening...

Instead just huge fk u to players!

View attachment 10292

Attachments

• NotLikeDuck-Winter.png
    NotLikeDuck-Winter.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 178
Level 1 - 30 Members
◦ Level 2 - 35 Members
◦ Level 3 - 40 Members
◦ Level 4 - 45 Members
◦ Level 5, 6, 7, and 8 - 50 Members

Revert this change before you apply the patch. We all asked for this to be removed, I don't see a reason to split guilds right now. Guilds will stop recruiting and friends will have to split. Please change that to the old limits. I don't see why we were discussing the patch for the past few months, if we cannot be heard :(

What is there to test? These changes already happened on live, we knew they were coming and we already knew what they do. What would 'testing' on a pts do? Why delay the inevitable? The game changes.

There's a lot to test.

Healers are getting dicked fairly hard this patch, with reduced healing.

Tanks are being dicked even harder instead of getting a buff. Massive combat changes are being made that break the ability to even be a tank. Getting debuffs when you block an attack. That is pacific ocean levels of piss.

Now mages get raised cast times, no animation cancelling, an an inability to deal damage. The fuck is the point of even being a mage?

Mages undergo another massive fucking nerf. Ever notice there is a hot 10 mages on this server? Literally everyone else is a darkrunner or archer or healer, with a spattering of sks and abolishers thrown in.

Admins need to step in and change this bullshit. Stop making it darkrunner and archer age. Although now with the skill changes it's executioner age.

Oh yea and guilds only being 50 members? What?

People had to regear when dungeon gear fell out of favor.
People had to regear when hasla fell out of favor.
People had to regear when Ayanad introduced, when obsidian introduced, when hiram introduced...

I had to rebuy all of my gear when I replaced my epic t6s with legendaries.
You're never done gearing in this game.

You had ridiculous damage output and mobility and with that, survivability with little investment. This change just puts you on par with the rest of us.

You should be thankful that the game made it so easy for ya. And not complain now that it won't stay forever like this.
Dungeon gear? LOL it's free. Bad argument.
Hasla gear? LOL it's free. Bad argument.
Ayanad gear? LOL nobody had to regear. They still use it. Bad argument.
Obsidian? People didn't have to regear. They just quit.

Nobody cares what you had to re-buy. He's talking about the rest of the players that actually play the game. What perfect incentive to quit am I right? This is a big reason why the live server died. HEY THANKS FOR SPENDING ALL YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON EPIC T6 GEAR. IT'S WORTHLESS NOW BTW LOL.

When did anyone discuss recloaking T6? T7 is a dead end, it can be recloaked as of 4.5. T6 isn't a dead end. People under T7 have the option to continue upgrading to T7, or wait until 5.0 to turn their obsidian into infusions for Erenor or Hiram.
I made a post about it. Epic T6 is a dead end. Do you have T7 epic gear? Lmao I've seen 2 maybe 3 people tops that T7'd their epic gear. Brain dead decision. It's way too expensive to do for epic obsidian.
Lmao how does that matter ?
As melee the only agi pieces you took are chest legs feet. Agi feet are preferred for their evasion and most already run str to get parry for resets. That leaves you with only chest and legs. So basically you're complaining that you need to replace 15-20k worth of gear if you want ~250 more str.
And when I tell you that a legendary piece of mine becomes noticeably worse, you come and say I shouldn't care ?
H y p o c r i s y.

U make it look like a bigger deal than it really is. Is not like you're losing entire pieces. You're just short on a few base stats and agi isn't entirely useless either. Still giving evasion which becomes the single strongest avoidance stat.
Some of us PvP bud. That means gear is important. All of it. WhO cArEs AbOuT a CoUplE oF pIeCeS. If you actively pvp'd or even played the game you might understand. You might die less ;)

Last edited:
You can probably even stone your agi gear and get some moonlight archeum to fund the str variant.
Or he could go plate because he's tired of dying every engage ;) Oh wait fawawa would just one shot him anyway lol.

Im implying you dont care because you have pretty much quit the game, you have no invested interest left. You log in to sell your old gear and that's it. If you were still interested i could see why you would be pissed about the item change but, lets be honest you are burnt out. Your just a neckbeard that loves to argue and its simply getting old. Again i was asking the question to sparkle not you.
Good point. I smell RMT. What else does he need gold for if he's quitting? Admins should pay attention to his account lol.

Level 1 - 30 Members
◦ Level 2 - 35 Members
◦ Level 3 - 40 Members
◦ Level 4 - 45 Members
◦ Level 5, 6, 7, and 8 - 50 Members

Revert this change before you apply the patch. We all asked for this to be removed, I don't see a reason to split guilds right now. Guilds will stop recruiting and friends will have to split. Please change that to the old limits. I don't see why we were discussing the patch for the past few months, if we cannot be heard :(
Very few asked it. The rest were instead about how people macro invulnerability and skills.

That being said we can revert some of the things. However it is too late to change things before the update goes live.

I made a post about it. Epic T6 is a dead end. Do you have T7 epic gear? Lmao I've seen 2 maybe 3 people tops that T7'd their epic gear. Brain dead decision. It's way too expensive to do for epic obsidian.

Some of us PvP bud. That means gear is important. All of it. WhO cArEs AbOuT a CoUplE oF pIeCeS. If you actively pvp'd or even played the game you might understand. You might die less ;)
You made a post about the stat changes and any plan to allow people to freely reroll their gear in January not part of any official discussion. Simply put it wasn't even thought about because it wasn't apart of the patchs thread.
There's a lot to test.

Healers are getting dicked fairly hard this patch, with reduced healing.

Tanks are being dicked even harder instead of getting a buff. Massive combat changes are being made that break the ability to even be a tank. Getting debuffs when you block an attack. That is pacific ocean levels of piss.

Now mages get raised cast times, no animation cancelling, an an inability to deal damage. The fuck is the point of even being a mage?

Mages undergo another massive fucking nerf. Ever notice there is a hot 10 mages on this server? Literally everyone else is a darkrunner or archer or healer, with a spattering of sks and abolishers thrown in.

Admins need to step in and change this bullshit. Stop making it darkrunner and archer age. Although now with the skill changes it's executioner age.

Oh yea and guilds only being 50 members? What?
we have never made any balance changes to any skills. We don't modify them for a number of reasons.

Having read and re-read the notes a couple times now its a little disappointing to see how many opportunities for improvement have been missed. Hopefully its something we can work out together going forward.

Also still no sightings of the guild bank system?

Attachments

• Customer-Suggestion-Box_o_3644.jpg
    Customer-Suggestion-Box_o_3644.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 170
HEY THANKS FOR SPENDING ALL YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON EPIC T6 GEAR. IT'S WORTHLESS NOW BTW LOL.
Your epic t6 is worthless at one point regardless when you can afford legendary.

I made a post about it. Epic T6 is a dead end. Do you have T7 epic gear? Lmao I've seen 2 maybe 3 people tops that T7'd their epic gear. Brain dead decision.
It's not worthless if you are an appreciated guild member of a castle-holding guild that gives out lord's coins for free or heavily discounted.

Some of us PvP bud. That means gear is important. All of it. WhO cArEs AbOuT a CoUplE oF pIeCeS. If you actively pvp'd or even played the game you might understand.
Ah yes, I forgot you're a born pvper.
00f38fa36b5e25646dcbe98c733fb9fd.png

Ah wait..

Or he could go plate because he's tired of dying every engage ;)
Loool actually made fun of your own friend at how bad he is. If he dies every engage then that is on him and not his gear to blame for, especially not his lack of strength LMAO.

Good point. I smell RMT. What else does he need gold for if he's quitting? Admins should pay attention to his account lol.
Oh I don't know.. Maybe re-gear playing tank which is what I always wanted.. or hand out free shit because I don't care ?
Admins should pay attention to your keyboard inputs XD

Virty can afford and is currently looking to replace his epic t6 agi pieces for legendary t7's. He doesn't need to care about cloaking t6 or not.
So if he can give his opinion on the matter as someone who is unaffected by it, then I can do so as someone who doesn't regularly play no more.

You and virty are awful at arguing.
Try again.

Edit: feral mark no longer boosts concussive damage, and you apply it with a new archery passive. Hence all legendary obsidian t7 shortspears losing pretty much all of their value. See any archers complain ? No.. I don't.

Last edited:
You made a post about the stat changes and any plan to allow people to freely reroll their gear in January not part of any official discussion. Simply put it wasn't even thought about because it wasn't apart of the patchs thread.

And with logic like this is how you kill a server. There have been multiple threads about 4.5 before the thread was even started and some were made just after 4.0 released. Are you saying you guys took none of these posts were even looked at or considered?

Very few asked it.

Very few?

There were 5 people already in the first 3 pages of this thread only, who said to NOT change the guild member cap. And plenty of other people who liked their posts in support.... Seeing as it's one of the FIRST things mentioned on the first page, maybe consider that people thought it very important to not change?

Considering the fact that new players can request the support pack, I really don't see many people farming Hiram if it caps out at Celestial and only has the stats of Epherium. Probably would have been a better idea to jump to the patch that adds T2 as well so it's actually a viable option.

Considering the fact that new players can request the support pack, I really don't see many people farming Hiram if it caps out at Celestial and only has the stats of Epherium. Probably would have been a better idea to jump to the patch that adds T2 as well so it's actually a viable option.

Or,everyone can focus on t3 gems x)

People were so dead set against hiram gear in the beginning. They wanted Hiram nerfed or Erenor buffed. Now that Hiram gear isn't all that powerful, people want it buffed.

'hair

Yep, if it stayed the same it would just led to Stealth - Combo - Stleath on arenas etc

You have plenty of choices regarding stealth. Stealth in general, leomorph which is free, and loads of other mounts as well as the elephant mount which has like 3 minutes stealth. It's a good thing it get's changed.

Well not, everyone does arenas and players who are not in the top 100 (yes, they do exist) they use it for scouting and stealthing packs through certain areas. Not everyone has a mount that can carry a rider with a pack in stealth mode. Unless the staff leaves the soul mule permanently on the market for loyalty tokens so everyone can eventually get one. I could see stealth getting nerfed in arenas if that is a problem. The changes to stealth could hurt those who do not have a 10k gs, especially if you have higher geared people running around on a high speed mounts. Lower GS people need all of the help they can get.

How did you turn this into something something that is the equalivent of "I'm not geared, I'll suffer - all the top gs players won't be affected". ???
Permastealth is stupid and you have plenty of mounts and gliders that have a stealth ability.
If you want to sit at the base of halcyona for 10 minutes in stealth not doing anything other than telling your raid "Hey, there's enemies in enemy base", then go and combine multiple tools for it. You scout from a safe distance anyways and have more than enough time to escape if spotted.
Idk why it is such a big deal to you. Give the devs a break. All they get is "This is shit, this sucks, why did you do this?" Nobody tells them "Hey, good job I like x or y". And then the icing on the cake is people complaining about stuff like this or virty about not being able to cloak dead end gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back