What's new

ArcheRage 7.5 (development-release info + suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
0. Main banner 7.5.png

Dear ArcheRagers!
We are glad to inform you that currently we are actively working on 7.5 “Akasch Invasion” global update.

In this thread you can share your thoughts on the update as well as provide the ideas and suggestions you have.
You can find 7.5 global update patch notes HERE.

Note: custom part of the patch notes hasn’t been included into the patch notes yet. Custom updates will be posted a bit later!
Estimate release time: approx mid-end May.

This thread will remain open until 7.5 release, so you can use it for any discussion related to this global update.

It is even worse for Europe - like I can do that at 8:30 or 10:30 as I work from home, but 3:30? not gonna happen ever.

Is there any custom time for Akasch Invasion for SEA/Asia player?
Monday, Friday, and Saturday at 9:30PM, its like 8:30AM - 10.30AM work time in Asia
There is no custom changes of anything yet.
That is why this thread exists to discuss / request custom additions. Such as an alternative time for non An players

There are several reasons why invasion may not be as good if you launch it as it is on retail:
  1. Time-consuming: Artifact levels can take a significant amount of time to complete. This can be frustrating for players who may not have the time to dedicate to a lengthy gear system, or who may feel that the time investment is not worth the reward.
  2. Unbalanced for newer players: In many MMOs, older players may have a significant advantage over new players (especially in Archeage), due to their higher level, better equipment, and more extensive knowledge of the game. This can make it difficult for new players to catch up, and the invasion may exacerbate this issue by providing rewards that are only accessible to players who have been playing for a long time due the daily limitations of the system itself.
  3. Monotonous: Even if we all know we have to do it at some point, it may become repetitive and monotonous after a while, especially if players are required to repeat the same tasks or fight the same enemies multiple times.
Overall, it can present several challenges and drawbacks for players, particularly new ones and the people who can't make it every single time it happens. I suggest you consider these factors and make it more engaging, balanced, and rewarding for all players, regardless of their level or experience and available play time.

Hello.

For the Synthesis Effect Changes on the equipment. Will the received damage stat be increased or decreased?

Hero Nui
  1. Yes but with Reduced Trauma Timer ( Like 1:30min instead of 3min) <-- not affected from Improved GuildBuff
Akasch Invasion
  1. Timer could be adjusted a bit earlier. Like Make it after the Midday Halcy ( but wouldnt fit for all Server Time Zones)
  2. Or Make a Second spawn , like we did it for Luscas/Abyssal Attack
Costume Achievements
  1. Should also work for Costumes that can only be Equiped again into the Image Slot, because there was never an Option before they Updated the Image Synth
Ipnysh Artifact
  1. Dont make it like on Retail a System i got no job thats why i can make it System. Give Alternative Ways to Obtain Items for Infusion.
    1. Daily Guild Quest
    2. Extra Rewards for CR/GR/Aegis/WH
    3. Weekly Quest like EHM Kill X Monster in Y
    4. Marketplace/MeritShop/Loyality Shop
Custom
  1. Give the Bean Stalk and the Mushroom Houses the option that Players can sell them.
    1. Upgrade Mushroom Houses alrdy got this option when you Demo it and sell it on the AH
    2. So i dont see the Problem in the direct Sell Option

Last edited:
Invasion:

Most of the suggestions here will be to improve the rewards as it is an incredibly grindy and long term event that is hard to catch up on.

For anyone curious, here is a spreadsheet which outlines more details about the system: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...N1w9pEqTgvgjYfUtnM60vkd6U/edit#gid=1572939487

The biggest issue I foresee is that you can get rewards from each time the invasion event happens. This is a problem because many players won't be able to attend the event each time it happens due to timezones, work, or other obligations. However of course some players will attend all of the invasions. In previous updates that created new progression like garden or EHM, there wasn't a single event that only happened a few times a week that your progression completely relied on, you could go in garden or EHM and do the quests whenever you wanted, and weren't dependent on some arbitrary event timer that you either could or could not attend, which made a massive difference in how fast you could progress.

Since the system is so grindy, if someone can make the invasion event once-twice a week, but another player can attend it 3 times a week, this adds up massively over time. It's not like weeklies where two players have the same outcome and amount of rewards regardless if one player completes it in 1 day or farms a little bit for the quest each day. You only have one option with invasion, either attend the event or don't. Either get the rewards or don't.

There is also the question of when this invasion event will take place each day, who will decide when is the best time? Because someone will always miss out.

This update heavily restricts the players ability to progress on their own timeline and at their own pace because you are so dependent on attending the 'big event' that only happens a few times a week to get any resources to level up.

Changes to the event itself, I have two options here:

1. Make the event much easier to win for the players and much harder to win for the akasch. Keep the debuff to world bosses intact (if the akasch win). This way there is still an incentive for players who have already completed all of their content in this system to continue to show up to the invasion. My fear is that if we remove the penalties to bosses for losing the invasion, there will be little/no incentive for players who have already completed everything to show up.

2. Alternatively, remove/reduce the debuff to world bosses which occurs when players lose the invasion. In live the weaker factions would throw the event after they completed their quest so the bosses would get buffed and be harder for the strong side to kill which in my opinion creates a negative server health environment and mentality. There are long term risks to this approach (which I outlined above) in that once players complete all of the invasion progression content, they may not longer attend as there is no benefit to them, which in turn makes it much more difficult for anyone to catch up (one of the biggest criticisms of this system).

Changes to rewards, quests, etc (not saying you have to implement all of these):
  • Increase laffi's stock to 6 items instead of 3 so there is more incentive for winning
  • Increase the cap of 200 players per main faction in the zone during the event to 300
  • Reduce the token cost of Gedlon's, Herstan's, and Yordan's to 50 tokens each
  • Reduce the token cost of Ewan's rune to 100 each
  • Change the daily eggs smashing quest to a weekly quest, to be more flexible for the players. Increase the requirement to destroy 100 serpent eggs in Ipnya ridge, Adjust the rewards x7
  • Adjust the times for the event to be more in line with the demographics of the server
  • Add a weekly marketplace quest, similar to the marketplace hiram quests, which players can use to obtain more tokens each day
  • Reduce the amount of radiant hiram infusions required for a demigod's essence at a castle workbench from 100 to 70
  • Improve the rewards from the weekly quest, reduce the rewards from the invasion event

Hero respawn slot:

Most of the suggestions here will be to reduce the effectiveness or limit the scope of the respawns as they heavily impact pvp health
  • Restrict the usage of these from either Karkasse ridgelands, or the combination of Sungold and Exeloch. It is important to carefully pilot the release of these so they do not disrupt the state or enjoyment of pvp for players. Many are already complaining about the implementation based on the experience from other servers. We should err on the side of caution when adding such an impactful change.
  • Add a cool down that is longer than the length of the duration of the respawn point, so they cannot be mindlessly spammed/chained ( by the same faction ) without any regard for timing or strategy. For example if the Nui is up for 10 minutes, it should start a timer of 12 or 15 minutes such that the nui cannot be claimed until the time has elapsed.
  • Reduce the overall amount per week of these that are given to the heroes, so they will be used more tactically instead of chained for the entire duration of all the bosses.
Seaknight buff:

• Add a skill rank improvement for malediction, swiftblade, and gunslinger, and all future classes going forward. Currently there is an imbalance here.

Last edited:
So I'm not to versed on this patch as I've never played it. It seems a lot of this "content" is just daily locks again for a system that takes way to long to do anything with. Could some of these items become farmable by mobs, or making the quest rewards worthwhile? I've heard nothing but bad things for this patch, so it's up to this server to actually make it a fun and worthwhile experience.

So I'm not to versed on this patch as I've never played it. It seems a lot of this "content" is just daily locks again for a system that takes way to long to do anything with. Could some of these items become farmable by mobs, or making the quest rewards worthwhile? I've heard nothing but bad things for this patch, so it's up to this server to actually make it a fun and worthwhile experience.
You can farm the tokens from the mobs in the zone, I know some people did this on live, it should be even better here because of our custom loot rates.
You can also farm blue hiram infusions (ehm, etc) to craft demigods which will speed up the progression, this can be done right now in advance so its very easy to prep as much as you want.

I believe there are also two weeklies in the zone, as well as a daily quest and a marketplace daily quest too.

Last edited:
You can farm the tokens from the mobs in the zone, I know some people did this on live, it should be even better here because of our custom loot rates.
You can also farm blue hiram infusions (ehm, etc) to craft demigods which will speed up the progression, this can be done right now in advance so its very easy to prep as much as you want.

I believe there are also two weeklies in the zone, as well as a daily quest and a marketplace daily quest too.
Ah cool then, So then it's just these runes that get locked out?

Ah cool then, So then it's just these runes that get locked out?
Well you can buy 1 of each of the defaults and 2 ewans a day for tokens in the default shop, Laffi also has a chance to sell more defaults/ewans if you win.
I believe winning the event also gives everyone more crates and a rank 1 ewans, and the weeklies may give ewans as well but not sure.

Last edited:
Akasch Invasion and artifact progression.

1. There should be at least two distinct timers for Akasch Invasion on days the event happens. Having an entire event that is linked directly to progression of your character, gated behind a single timeslot, would almost certainly ruin diversity of the server. It's also necessary for any additional event times to be added to the same daily window, as to not directly influence token balance, since all the quests from Akasch Invasion are daily. Allowing multiple timeslots on the same day to make the event have improved accessibility, without making people feel it's necessary to participate every time slot it occurred.

2. If multiple times are introduced then the defeat penalty should be removed or drastically reworked, as increasing the occurrence of Akasch Invasion would lead to the last instance of Akasch Invasion for that day influencing the victory/defeat state of the server for the following days, potentially affecting those that can only make the earlier timeslots in a negative manner.

3. Player cap during Akasch Invasion should be increased, I don't quite remember the cap they had initially but the cap lead to issues on active servers and even XL realized this, as they increased the cap at a later date.

4. Token rewards from quests in Ipnya should be drastically increased and the associated shop should be modified to have buy limits of artifact upgrade materials removed. The default income of tokens causes the progression of this new system to take for too long, even taking a dedicated player actively grinding for those upgrades well over a year of effort. The buy limits are also an issue due to their restrictive nature, forcing anyone utilizing the artifact system down a rigid, linear progression and removing any flexibility players might want while upgrading their artifacts.
Hero Nui's
It gets brought up a lot for good reason, hero respawns should be addressed, they negatively enforce existing server imbalances, giving any faction that has multiple heroes around for group content an inherent advantage. With a server spread across multiple time zones it'll lead to further imbalance at times a weaker faction might not have many people or heroes around.
Potential remedies could be;
  • Keep bosses dominator effect active against those that've died in a zone with an active nui, but make benefactors of that hero nui no longer stack up longer respawn timers, essentially shifting the nui's strategic relevance to a pure PvP focus, rather than enhancing their potential to kill bosses.

• Add a timer between when a faction can consecutively claim a nui in the same zone, currently an individual hero has a 30 minute cooldown for a 15 minute nui which is fairly balanced in situations where both sides only have 1 hero available, if either side has 2 or more heroes online during that content it allows that side to chain multiple nui's and devastate an opposing faction that has 1 or no heroes.
In response to cbcb's suggestions regarding heroes nui's, restricting usage in zones like Karkasse and Sungold heavily devalues something that has potential to create engaging PvP encounters around key locations, but there certainly needs to be care taken to ensure it doesn't turn into an oppressive tool. But I'm not entirely against this suggestion, but I'd view it more of a last resort when other attempts to balance have failed.
As for limiting weekly activations, official servers have already shown reducing each heroes available nui's only proves to negatively affect any side that has fewer dedicated and active heroes at the specific timeslot being contested. So I am not personally a fan of trying to replicate that situation to see if we get a more favorable outcome on this server.

Grimghast & Crimson rifts revamp

While the Ynystere and Cinderstone spawns are legitimately good and rewarding content, the new final boss of the Sungold rift, Xarkath, needs his loot improved. Something as simple as a boss infusion rolled to the killing raid or honor added to his kill quest, currently he isn't worth killing as it can be a time consuming boss, in a contested zone while his loot is atrocious and his quest is only a few gilda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back