What's new

ArcheRage 8.0 (development-release info + suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
0. Main banner 8.0.png

Dear ArcheRagers!
We are glad to inform you that currently we are actively working on 8.0 “Spelldance” global update.

In this thread you can share your thoughts on the update as well as provide the ideas and suggestions you have.
You can find 8.0 global update patch notes HERE.

Note: custom part of the patch notes hasn’t been included into the patch notes yet. Custom updates will be posted a bit later!
Estimate release time: end of November - first half of December.

This thread will remain open until 8.0 release, so you can use it for any discussion related to this global update.

I do not like the fact that you guys are going to make it to where the guild automatically appoints a new guild leader if the previous one has been inactive for 30 days. Please please that is not a good change for the guilds. and really I dont like the guild revamp personally. not trying to seem rude or anything. The guild hall thing sounds cool, but overall I think guilds just need to stay the way they currently are. Something people are more used to. With maybe some minor changes but these are too much and I overall disagree with a lot of the guild revamp stuff. I feel like this does not offer any good quality for guilds etc. I got old guilds on other characters I would really not like having to log in every 30 days just to make sure the guild stays in my name. Bad change

Think I can write on behalf of the playerbase to please not implement the following changes:

I see countless people struggling with vocation gain, don't lower the amount we gain please.
1699193539229.png

People grind their title exp for title levels, please never remove titles #keepalltitles. Yes title levels are important due to the extra exp bonus which is a must have these days due to levels being important for stats and akasch token drops from crates.
1699193598988.png

A redundant change that forces people to carry around more materials.
1699193726252.png

Please add any options for get Lucent Serendipity Stone, because its cringe when you spend 50+ Serendipity Stone for catch one stat what you need but you got 30+ times magic skill damage or magic power on Healer costume, this game is very friendly to change specs, but stats reroll system is absolutely broken by big numbers of stats and poor random..

I do not like the fact that you guys are going to make it to where the guild automatically appoints a new guild leader if the previous one has been inactive for 30 days.

I agree with you here. This is a big problem.

My guild is an example of it. It was created years ago and at some point, most of us had to leave the game, but the guild stayed with the founders because we knew at some point we would be back and we worked very hard to build it and to be recognized as we were. Now we are active again and everything is as it used to be with our tag.

Now, with this changes, if for some reason we decide to take a break again, the lead will be passed to someone random, which means this person would have the power to disband the guild or destroy the image we built throught the years. I would be forced to kick everyone before leaving, even if the break was an agreement between all the members (as happened before), to make sure the game would not have someone to give the leader, or I would be forced to keep logging even if irl didn't allow it.

I can't understand the reason for this change. If the player is bothered because he has an afk leader, he has to leave the guild and look for another one. But the guild is created by the leader and it should stay with the leader.

Please add any options for get Lucent Serendipity Stone, because its cringe when you spend 50+ Serendipity Stone for catch one stat what you need but you got 30+ times magic skill damage or magic power on Healer costume, this game is very friendly to change specs, but stats reroll system is absolutely broken by big numbers of stats and poor random..

50+? make it 200+ :c

People pointed out this to me, and frankly, it's a very useless change. You cannot use guild flares on people who are inside garden or instances like golden battle plains/dungeons. It cancels the entire flare.

1699207682890.png

If you're in a rush, e.g. robbing or getting robbed, you want to hit this button to select all and then get rid of the few people who cant be flared. This is only possible if we can see the location.

1699207773499.png

Possible solutions:
- do not add this change,
or
- make it so the ones unavailable do not cancel the flare but they just don't get it,
or
- add an option to see who can be flared.

Edit: to those who say, just write "x up in guild for flare" or something similar, people do not always read chat but do notice a fat popup in the middle of their screen demanding their attention.

Last edited:
It cancels the flare.

It cancels the flare to all the people you selected. It just makes your guild's Contribution Points to go to waste if someone is inside an instanced map and you dont know about it.

Besides that, we use member's location to know who might be available to help and who is afking. This is important for guilds that are usually recruiting new players, where help is frequently needed and to keep track of the members too, knowing what they are doing when they have our tag.

I hope it is possible to not implement this change.

Besides that, we use member's location to know who might be available to help and who is afking. This is important for guilds that are usually recruiting new players, where help is frequently needed and to keep track of the members too, knowing what they are doing when they have our tag.

Yea tbh I like being able to check if someone's busy doing something so ik I can either ask for help later or ask someone else

Would say make it 60 days, to take into account people sometimes prepaying taxes for 5 weeks due to irl issues.
No, I don't want to see a inactivity guild leader timer at all. This guild revamp change is probably the worse change I have ever seen. I like how the system is now. Don't change it. Some people hold guilds on other characters and really that is a dumb change. I got guilds on other characters I am not willing to loose. so I do not want to see this "Inactivity timer" implemented for guild leaders. Also, some of the people that actually are taking a break. Some of them like my buddy Milky does not even have land to pay taxes but a lvl 6 guild. He does not log in. This is basically gonna kill guilds. Bad bad bad change.

I got guilds on other characters I am not willing to loose.

But you are not inactive? or you never login on your other characters?

Milky does not even have land to pay taxes but a lvl 6 guild. He does not log in.
How would it kill a guild? If there's no active members lead won't pass from what I can tell. It's not gonna disband a guild.

image.png

Please can you find a work around to keep these title quests in the game? They form a key way of levelling up title experience and not having access to them unfairly penalises newer players. Even if the reward was just the single gilda from taking the quest envelope being able to progress the title xp would still be worth the effort, and give some players a reason to do them beyond title hunting.

Even if the reward was just the single gilda from taking the quest envelope being able to progress the title xp would still be worth the effort, and give some players a reason to do them beyond title hunting.

Good point too, I see a lot of people grind all the quests purely for the gilda they need to improve their gameplay (e.g. for costumes, ship designs, gliders, etc.)

Change scrolls that wish to add boss weapons
Gedlon's Strength removes the limit of two purchases per day
Demigod Essence added to the mall can be purchased with points
Guild leaders do not sign in transfer adjustment to 180 days
Adjusting the Guild Deputy Leader can also use the authority of the guild leader to reduce the problems caused by the guild leader not being online
The number of pirates participating in the siege decreased by 15

What are the plans to prevent a mass panic due to items disappearing (gliders, cars, costumes etc) and/or becoming useless (labor pots e.g.)? Apparently on legacy this happened around 8.0 - please inform us @Sparkle - would be much appreciated

kakao info page
1699272430325.png

example: labor pots made useless
1699272458485.png

Example: items deleted/converted to credits
1699272506677.png

1699272534016.png

1699272555150.png

What are the plans to prevent a mass panic due to items disappearing (gliders, cars, costumes etc) and/or becoming useless (labor pots e.g.)? Apparently on legacy this happened around 8.0 - please inform us @Sparkle - would be much appreciated

kakao info page
View attachment 23979

example: labor pots made useless
View attachment 23980

Example: items deleted/converted to credits
View attachment 23981
View attachment 23982
View attachment 23983
We do not intend to implement the ID change from Trion ID to KR ID's. Except for items that are otherwise required to be changed due to mechanics.

So all gliders and other items will remain as they are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back