What's new

ArcheRage 8.0 (development-release info + suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I start, I do have ADHD and sometimes I don't fully absorb what I am reading, so if I have misunderstood something I apologize, but it seems to me that they are going to be requiring us to build literal guild mansions in order to access needed features like guild buffs and such? I'm sure I speak for many people when I say many, if not most of us don't want to be forced to do this..

Not only is there already a major land shortage crisis happening on the server right now, but this is yet another example of changing the game by *removing* freedoms rather than adding them. This seems to be a recurring theme of the game. Major updates seem to be used as vehicles to strongarm players into giving up on any uniqueness of creative expression. It seems to me that most games do the opposite, at least the good ones. They ADD features, rather than take them away.

My "Guild House" is a large, interconnected citadel built of several structures that offers a variety of different rooms and functions to explore. We LIKE this. We like that we have something unique and which has our own guild signature to it. Nothing would be helped by tearing that all down and replacing it with a bland, cut and paste mansion. People enjoy putting their own flavour on things, and it seems like every time there is a major update it is geared towards pushing us away from that creativity and trying to box us into these unwanted, unenjoyable templates.

I'm not saying the idea of having a designated Guild House is a bad thing, maybe it's actually a useful idea. Maybe you could do things that incentivize this, like a reduced tax status on that property, or making a guild workbench item become available for placement there. But why not allow us to assign this designation to any structure we choose? Like the farmhand. Give us the ability to decide which structure counts as "the guild house", rather than giving us this limited selection of unimaginative generic mansion structures and forcing us to use one in order to be able to access said features?

Let people have their creativity - why must we force a needless standardization on everyone, when the entire nature of an open world MMORPG is literally antithetical to that? There's no harm in making mansions available, but I don't like the way it seems like we are being forced to use them in order to access necessary guild functions.

My "Guild House" is a large, interconnected citadel built of several structures that offers a variety of different rooms and functions to explore. We LIKE this. We like that we have something unique and which has our own guild signature to it. Nothing would be helped by tearing that all down and replacing it with a bland, cut and paste mansion. People enjoy putting their own flavour on things, and it seems like every time there is a major update it is geared towards pushing us away from that creativity and trying to box us into these unwanted, unenjoyable templates.

I think the only way to make the upcoming guild house unique is adding crest stuff to walls etc. and how furniture is placed. I get your point that it would feel rather bland as opposed to having unique looking houses...but then again, housing overall is already done in such a way that everyone has the same stuff.

Examples:
1. there's only one type of beanstalk, best house overall so everyone gets one.
2. when you upgrade a house, e.g. a manor to an armorer's or tradesman's, it does not matter which type you chose in mirage, after upgrading they all look the same.

I understand your frustration but I think in the grand scheme of things, we've always had this problem. Only thing we can do is decorate and apply crests, and make do with that.

I think the only way to make the upcoming guild house unique is adding crest stuff to walls etc. and how furniture is placed. I get your point that it would feel rather bland as opposed to having unique looking houses...but then again, housing overall is already done in such a way that everyone has the same stuff.

Examples:
1. there's only one type of beanstalk, best house overall so everyone gets one.
2. when you upgrade a house, e.g. a manor to an armorer's or tradesman's, it does not matter which type you chose in mirage, after upgrading they all look the same.

I understand your frustration but I think in the grand scheme of things, we've always had this problem. Only thing we can do is decorate and apply crests, and make do with that.
Saying there is only one type of, for example, beanstalk, and therefore how you express yourself creatively is in how you decorate it, is not a valid response to being assigned and forced to place one down, is it? Because yes, in a world of only beanstalks, that's all very bland, and we'd have to work around it, but we don't live in that world. You don't *have* to use a beanstalk, ordinarily. If you want a nice property there are countless structures to choose from. And yes, if a beanstalk is what you want, your options are limited to one. The corollary to this is what kind of guild house I want, and until now my options were not limited to one - they were countless.

I think it's a valid point that the beanstalk is among the best, depending on what you value in a property, and sure I'd like more varieties of those too, (I'd love a red/autumn beanstalk!) but we're specifically talking about a situation in which we are being *compelled* to put down ONE structure type, and comparing that to a situation where you can choose any one of like, what, 300 possibilities? There was no NEED to make us do this, that's the point.

What is the benefit to the game by making every guild, most of which already have something they call a "guild house", now MANDATORILY have one, and only one specific type of building, and even more specifically, the most bloated, land-hogging, limited room for planting stuff, most expensive to build, and generally one of the worst structure types? It's like this decision was made by an AI programmed to be annoying.

Many will have to demo their current beloved guild homes to become part of an array of unimaginative, cookie-cutter mansion blocks. Those who wish to keep their existing structures now are forced to add an additional one, which means yet more land being consumed (if even possible) during a period where available land is already incredibly limited and accruing additional tax burdens, all to do what can presently be achieved with a *menu tab*.

The only way to view this is something that was once limitless is now drastically limited. You almost couldn't get a worse counterpoint to that than by talking about the variety of structures we have in the rest of the game being limited - they're NOT. Not only do we have lots of different building types but many of them also have lots of variations. And by utilizing the gluttonous footprint of a mansion more effectively you can use the same space to house a variety of structures in a variety of arrangements for even more uniqueness.

How is any of this improved by instead forcing us to put down a giant grey hunk of concrete?

As much as I would love more varieties of everything else we currently have, including beanstalks, it's never a good idea to forcibly box players in with one limiting choice. Especially when it ISN'T NECESSARY. So this isn't about just using decor to make it our own. We shouldn't have to find ways to creatively work around inexplicable limitations we never needed to be faced with. The current guild system is not broken and doesn't need to be fixed, and the proposed fix is itself broken. We don't need or want forced, limited selection structures to have to use as a guild house. We all have guild houses already. We made them ourselves and we're proud of them.

I wish major updates like this would put more focus on fixing what actually is broken, and less on screwing around with the few areas that work well, and in which players are able to enjoy creative freedom.

1699390729149.png

guild-residence-and-exclusive-furniture-png.23947

Which seems like an improvement on the other?

This is an open world MMORPG game. We should be encouraging creativity, not pointlessly stifling it.

Last edited:
Excuse me but what is stopping any of us from doing the same with that building as you did with your plaza? :s That's what I meant with my post ._.
The plaza is part of the creative choice. Until we can make a mansion look like a plaza your response makes no sense. It also wasn't just a plaza, it's several different building types converging into a single structure, which is the kind of creative freedom games like this should encourage. We already have the ability to use mansions if we want them. Changing it from optional to mandatory cannot be defended with "but you can still decorate".

The SHAPE of the home for your guild is something we currently have the power to choose for ourselves, and the proposed change limits that to those giant, boring blocks they are telling us to use. This cannot possibly be regarded as anything but a step backwards. We don't want to have to put down another building or replace our current ones with Copy-Paste Towers.

I understood the plaza as the main building, which makes most sense for everyone due to the NPCs, warehouse, mirage portal, etc. that it offers. Then the rest is added around it in a personal style, with your preferred deco. And then the new guild thing could be used similarly as you used the plaza. Does that make more sense than my initial response?

Edit: in line with the original suggestion and the new ideas added after, maybe the upgraded plaza could be similarly used as the new guild house if devs would agree. That way there's at least 2 options for people's guild setups.

I understood the plaza as the main building, which makes most sense for everyone due to the NPCs, warehouse, mirage portal, etc. that it offers. Then the rest is added around it in a personal style, with your preferred deco. And then the new guild thing could be used similarly as you used the plaza. Does that make more sense than my initial response?

Edit: in line with the original suggestion and the new ideas added after, maybe the upgraded plaza could be similarly used as the new guild house if devs would agree. That way there's at least 2 options for people's guild setups.
It's not about what would or would not make the better choice for a mandatory guild house mechanic. There shouldn't BE ONE. There doesn't need to *be* a forced standardization of any kind. There doesn't need to be an in-game system for compelling us to make a guild house. We *already do it*, and we can choose any kind of house we like. There is no NEED for them to replace a menu option with a giant, mandatory physical structure in the damn game. This change is unnecessary, completely and utterly, and will only exasperate the current crisis of land shortage. As creative as we could be with a mansion - or even a plaza - it's always better when that is *our* decision to make - not the game's.

Now, an alternative I suggested earlier is that we are simply given the ability to designate any structure of our choosing as the "guild house". Much like how we select where our farmhand attaches. They could even use the farmhand coding so nothing new needs to be invented. That way we don't need to waste land and taxes making a new structure we didn't ask to make and don't need. To me, that seems perfectly reasonable. If they MUST make this simple menu option something we have to physically interact with in game, there is no reason to limit us to what kind of structure it is, or make it something new we must add.

There is no NEED for them to replace a menu option with a giant, mandatory physical structure in the damn game. This change is unnecessary, completely and utterly, and will only exasperate the current crisis of land shortage.

Now, an alternative I suggested earlier is that we are simply given the ability to designate any structure of our choosing as the "guild house".

Here's my proposed solution similar to this: make an alternative way to access the guild residence functions in form of a furniture item. Just stick all the functions of the residence (that aren't available anywhere else) onto a context menu on an item that can be placed into an existing house and otherwise has all the properties of the guild residence (costs prestige to purchase and maintain and so on). You could use this as the model, and then whichever house has this in it, can get permissions to put crested guild furniture into (and possibly vendors and whatnot if you want to make it more complex). The guild residence models could be turned into regular 44x44 designs that could be built separately and accept normal furniture.

guild furniture.jpg

That way the landscape doesn't have to be ruined with more mandatory houses (unless some players really like the designs in which case they can place the house instead of the item). Also helps with the land shortage.

Last edited:
This hasn't been touched on so far, but one of the things the guild house lets you do is create direct teleports to NUIs in the game that the guild leader chooses. So guess what happens? Every guild creates a teleport to Freedrich. I personally am not a fan of this. If the teleport function is kept, then I'd suggest blocking the ability to add Freed as a teleport spot.
Besides Merchants, the residence will also have the Guild Base function. Use the Space-Time Ink sold at the Prestige Shop at the location you wish to save as a base to create a Guild Base location. Once you set a Guild Base, you can use the Base Teleportation Device to go to the base at any time. The Base Teleportation Device can be activated for a week by using a Space-Time Core.

The number of bases you can activate increases with the level of the newly added Guild Buff Effect.

Well the only really really good thing about this new guild house system is the fact it is separate from the tax system for other houses, as it costs prestige instead. I don't know if it is feasible to implement it for other structures at our whim (to cater to our artistic freedom).

It might then be easier to focus on one building to add the system to, like the plaza which is already very useful in itself. Hence my hesitance to support the broad "give us our own choice of guild house" suggestion.

For daily quest in Eastern Hiram Mountains,I hope to modify the task and automatically submit it after completion without returning to the NPC.
ID: 9318
Black Forest Treants
ID: 9317
Millennium Mammoths

For daily quest in Eastern Hiram Mountains,I hope to modify the task and automatically submit it after completion without returning to the NPC.
ID: 9318
Black Forest Treants
ID: 9317
Millennium Mammoths
This thread is for changes that occur in 8.0
That is not related to 8.0 and should be put in the Suggestions thread

That arc lightning change makes the cast time for it longer than meteor strike. It makes a single-target spell, with shorter range, take longer to cast than an AoE spell that hits harder. Uhhhhhhhh wtf?

Hope to improve
Guild contributions earned for contributing materials
1 >10
Because some guilds are run in family mode
We don't want to recruit more people and we don't want to leave this guild family and have to join another guild
But we also hope that we can participate in the new version of the guild content

Should this option be reconsidered for specific areas like Freedich, same as hero nui's in Karkasse?

View attachment 24013
This should really be reconsidered for Freedich.... its already painful with Guild Flares... Having that would be horrible and i doubt people would be able to deliver Packs since " bigger" Guilds can just easily port there and rob smaller "Guilds". Would just be a big camping massacre worse than now.There shouldnt be any option to port to Freedich at all.

To be really honest : The whole Item is way to OP and will only cause problems. It only favors the Guilds with " most active Members" and will help them to tryhard even more than most do now.

Last edited:
. its already painful with Guild Flares...

You mention flares.. made me realise, rn that's limited to 15 people at a time for max level guilds and are dependent on the amount of flares available and a flare can be interrupted. On other side of the coin, these new ports seem to be usable by all at the same time for the duration of a week? Sounds way too overpowered for a place that's the one source for dragon essence stabilizers, like you said, it would be camping massacres there. :s

About teleporting to nuis. Can we prehaps just exclude all the sea nuis? Freedich and Sea of Graves at the very least. Whilst a novel mechanic I not sure why it was thought to be needed, as said above we can already flare. Anywhere else you would want to do it a portal could be opened instead for the Princley sum or 1 or 3 hereafters!

You mention flares.. made me realise, rn that's limited to 15 people at a time for max level guilds and are dependent on the amount of flares available and a flare can be interrupted. On other side of the coin, these new ports seem to be usable by all at the same time for the duration of a week? Sounds way too overpowered for a place that's the one source for dragon essence stabilizers, like you said, it would be camping massacres there. :s
Yup ... how i said the Item is in general way to OP and will only cause a sh**show and only favor Guilds with a good amount of active players that are more flexible to play and are ready " after 1 call". I can imagine u can also use it for other places with a similar result.

I really dont know what the intention was to add an item like that to the Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back