What's new

Castle delayed again?

This ^. "Let's give them false hopes, let's let them prepare, just so we postpone it for a weekend they can't attend".

At this point I'm 98% sure Ironlady is Celestrata

Lol relax. I'm certain its just an oversight as they are Russian and Thanksgiving isn't a holiday they celebrate so they probably didn't even realize the timing. They are pretty helpful when we are respectful and ask them to change things, especially if there is a lot of support from the community. We can probably petition to push it off 1 more weekend if needed. Why not start a poll to see how people feel about it rather than assume the devs are conspiring against players that will be traveling that weekend?

Ugh I work next weekend therefore i will be sleeping during this time unless i change my schedule -.- this weekend was perfect for me... oh wells nothing i can do about it.

Isnt it Possible to build a Anti cheat thats detect Files changed ? That you cannot Start Engine if one File was changed ? I still think GMs would check more into Main Issues humanly, such like Auroria,Abys, Traderuns. But the Point is that will be a fulltime Job >.< thats not reliable. Checking Playerfiles will also take alot of time to check whos turn in alot of those High rate Packs. :( Just being hopeful that all those People getting banned from the server as soon as they get catched with a complete IP/Mac adressban :(

The cheats being employed are mostly not game mods. You can inject custom modified scripts or files into the game_pak that change how some portions of the game work, for example, textures. Yes, Archeage has the ability to checksum game files seemingly. But that isn't the biggest issue.

Most cheats are not mods, but external programs that have read/write access to the memory of the game while it operates. People find memory values of the game through various means, such as static pointer analysis or reverse engineering the PE for reading where things are created as the game runs. Then they write a program to modify those memory values. That's how cheats get created. Fly hacks are small time, modifying the Z coordinate of the player in memory at a high rate to keep them in the air. Speed hacks are similarly small time, finding the memory value for movement speed and modifying that value at a high rate of speed usually in the hundreds of times a second, depending on how the game treats movement speeds. Bigger cheats are things like ESP, no clipping, RELIABLE teleportation that doesn't wig out your game (again depends on how the game handles character movement), automated questing, automated combat, etc.

There are only two ways to combat external programs. Having an anti cheat bundled with the game, which detects memory access operations on the game or itself(as your most basic type of anti cheat), or cleverly written server side anti cheat, which detects when players are out of map bounds, moving at a certain speed under improper conditions, injected packets, etc.

It doesn't say they disabled the castle loadstones OR the monolaith (sorry if I spelt it wrong). So what they might be trying to do is keep castles active but not allow any of the land to be claimed by any players. Which is understandable considering there close to the donation system being back online and the anti-hack system close to being done. I don't see how they can stop a in game automatic system without shutting the server down or roll back the in game server time.

It doesn't say they disabled the castle loadstones OR the monolaith (sorry if I spelt it wrong). So what they might be trying to do is keep castles active but not allow any of the land to be claimed by any players. Which is understandable considering there close to the donation system being back online and the anti-hack system close to being done. I don't see how they can stop a in game automatic system without shutting the server down or roll back the in game server time.

They can disable things from spawning, which is what I assume they will do. They did restart the server to make the change.

They can disable things from spawning, which is what I assume they will do. They did restart the server to make the change.

I mean last week they claimed they turned it off to but the monolaith still came up at the correct time. They might of just done the restart to turn land off which might be easier then disabling castles. But we could both be wrong or correct. Honestly no one for sure will know till Sunday.

I mean last week they claimed they turned it off to but the monolaith still came up at the correct time. They might of just done the restart to turn land off which might be easier then disabling castles. But we could both be wrong or correct. Honestly no one for sure will know till Sunday.

Its not hard to disable stuff. Last Sunday was a miss understanding and they seemed to be just as surprised as we were that it spawned.

As always when playing Archeage, prepare for the possibility just in case.

Its not hard to disable stuff. Last Sunday was a miss understanding and they seemed to be just as surprised as we were that it spawned.

As always when playing Archeage, prepare for the possibility just in case.
Very true :) be rdy for if castles are live and if they aren't. And I see, ya im not sure how much stuff they have access to,to change so ya.

Thanksgiving is on a Thursday, Castles are on Sunday. Pretty sure people will get themselves logged on for 1-2 hours the day before they should be back to work/school lol.

People who travel on Sunday's following thanksgiving are just masochists who wanna sit in traffic or fly on overbooked/delayed flights lol

Truth hurts don't it? If you don't know that traveling on Sunday's following major holiday's is a horrible idea, then you obviously don't travel very much.

If you're in a big guild, I'd advise that you sincerely prepare for castle launch to occur this week anyway.

If you're in a big guild, I'd advise that you sincerely prepare for castle launch to occur this week anyway.

Why would we prepare? This is extremely contradicting. Give us a concrete statement, please. Are they UP or are they DOWN

Guys, from the Administration side there is no even a tiny conspiracy against players, I assure you.
We have postponed land claim/castle seige due to a high number of cheaters in the game. Launching these events now could potentially lead to an unfair land claim by players using a different kind of hacks, from botting to teleporting. We do want to prevent this.
Before launching castles we need to finish all updates of anti-cheat system. That is a matter of several days. We want to make a safe environment for a fair game, and we are doing the best we can to accomplish it as soon as possible. We also try to keep the situation as transparent as it can be, but sometimes we just need a bit more time.

Why would we prepare? This is extremely contradicting. Give us a concrete statement, please. Are they UP or are they DOWN

He probably simply means in case there is an error where they still trigger. Never blindly assume things will go as planned/stated.

Well honestly i prefer this be posponed than actually running to every part of the map and find that all castles are claimed by 5 different guilds who aren't even top guilds (aka hacker guilds)
the land hacks are already ocurring in the main lands i whouldn't want to see it happend in auroria as well.

Guys, from the Administration side there is no even a tiny conspiracy against players, I assure you.
We have postponed land claim/castle seige due to a high number of cheaters in the game. Launching these events now could potentially lead to an unfair land claim by players using a different kind of hacks, from botting to teleporting. We do want to prevent this.
Before launching castles we need to finish all updates of anti-cheat system. That is a matter of several days. We want to make a safe environment for a fair game, and we are doing the best we can to accomplish it as soon as possible. We also try to keep the situation as transparent as it can be, but sometimes we just need a bit more time.

Someone will find a way to complain about this too, I'm sure. There's no pleasing people :/

Back