What's new

Collection breather....

excalibur

Does this item really increase ship movement speed 30% permenantly? if so. WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?

If you dont have the funds and are new, once these boxes are gone no one with the collection breather will be able to catch up with any ship. this seems incredibly broken..

The 30% move speed applies to the best speed of the ship. Making the boost negligible in comparison to higher grade sails.

The worst part about this is that it's in a fucking RNG box.

Also, negligible in comparison to higher grade sails? How about when combined with higher grade sails? Not so negligible anymore.

This is the item that was designed by original game developers. Original item had 64% speed increase. We had it reduced to 30%. It's added to the basic ship speed so not adding that much.

items that boost performance of ships that come from rng boxes and don't have a permanent crafted alternative available to all players should never be put into the game. it doesn't matter whether it's only added to the base speed or not

lets say base movespeed is 7m/s
move speed with breathers = 9.1m/s (30% of 7 is 2.1)
move speed with 2 70% sails = 16.8m/s (140% of 7 is 9.8)
move speed with 2 70% sails and breather = 18.9 (16.8 + 2.1)

regardless of whether its additive (applies to base speed only) or multiplicative (applies to both base move speed and modified move speed), anyone that has these collection breathers now will have an advantage over every other player that comes to this server afterwards and do not have the means to obtain them.

my suggestion is to either make an alternative to the breathers available to all players via crafting or by putting the breather in the cash shop as a permanent purchasable item.

my suggestion is to either make an alternative to the breathers available to all players via crafting or by putting the breather in the cash shop as a permanent purchasable item.
I think adding it to the shop is a great idea as well as the crafting part, it could work like other ship components where you find a design and have to upgrade it through several tiers with the final being a bit better than the cash shop one.

We briefly discussed the other day in the discord that it might not be a bad idea to include all these items that are highly sought after into the shop permanently after their initial introduction with boxes. So this, sloth glider, multipurpose workbench (which would be nice given the incoming new recipes), and others for 2k credits or something like that.

items that boost performance of ships that come from rng boxes and don't have a permanent crafted alternative available to all players should never be put into the game. it doesn't matter whether it's only added to the base speed or not

lets say base movespeed is 7m/s
move speed with breathers = 9.1m/s (30% of 7 is 2.1)
move speed with 2 70% sails = 16.8m/s (140% of 7 is 9.8)
move speed with 2 70% sails and breather = 18.9 (16.8 + 2.1)

regardless of whether its additive (applies to base speed only) or multiplicative (applies to both base move speed and modified move speed), anyone that has these collection breathers now will have an advantage over every other player that comes to this server afterwards and do not have the means to obtain them.

Totatly agree with that. ppl that will not have this item will be in very bad position if it will be unavalible to obtain after boxes disapear and it will put everyone else in disadventage and unable to obtain and that will open flipping oportunities for ppl like me. Waiting for oficial respond from GM's.

New items should always be in game as in another way there will be no competition and progress. At the moment items are available in the boxes, that means players will see them in AH very shortly as well and will have a chance to buy from there as well.
Regarding some other ways to obtain this item later from the world so players could have a chance to obtain it later as well, we'll have it considered.

I don't like this item in boxes at all. Ship speed is a major game play variable. It affects pack running, world boss fights, Abyssal attack, etc. - It's a major factor in most end game content. Players spend thousands on high tier ship components to squeeze out every last m/s speed advantage. This isn't a convenience or luxury item, like the multiprocessor or special mounts, this directly affects game balance and it shouldn't be available in p2w boxes.

I don't like this item in boxes at all. Ship speed is a major game play variable. It affects pack running, world boss fights, Abyssal attack, etc. - It's a major factor in most end game content. Players spend thousands on high tier ship components to squeeze out every last m/s speed advantage. This isn't a convenience or luxury item, like the multiprocessor or special mounts, this directly affects game balance and it shouldn't be available in p2w boxes.

Even if item is added to RNG box, buying credits is not the only way to obtain this box or items, so it's hard to call this box p2w. Credits can be purchased for gold in game from other players at AH; items, obtained from boxes are also sold by the players on AH. So, as you can see, even if item is in the box, there are still multiple ways to obtain it.
As for this item in particular, administration reply has already been provided in the above post.

upload_2018-7-4_13-12-5.png

Those are just people doing that because they want too. Look at the price history and you'll see 2k to 10k. The first 25k has been there for hours and no one will buy it

Those are just people doing that because they want too. Look at the price history and you'll see 2k to 10k. The first 25k has been there for hours and no one will buy it
This is true. I did not check bid history.
Also credit prices seem to be slowly declining in price, instead of sky rocketing which usually happens with such good box drops.

you realize it's most likely someone buying and flipping it because they already have them and putting such a large paywall up in order to get one will cause others to have a disadvantage on the ocean, right?

the fact that these boxes are considerably worse than the last 3 boxes in terms of average value of its contents also works against these breathers being available for most people. there have only been 7 sold via auction house in the last 30 hours.

a solution needs to be implemented asap, preferably one of the two i suggested. i understand that you need to make money and by putting the items in RNG boxes you'll make considerably more money than you would if you put them directly purchasable for credits, but you aren't doing your playerbase any favors by leaving it in its current state. currently this item does nothing but provide an even larger advantage on the ocean to those of us that are already ahead in the game.

i want new players to stick around and there's no way they're going to want to do anything on the ocean if they're immediately at a 30% speed disadvantage on top of the already large disadvantages that come with not having top tier sails on their boats.

there is a very obvious reason why these items were never released on north american archeage servers

Last edited:
That's just rng. You can get them in 1 box. Or 1 in 1000.
Rng is random and there is nothing making it so that you are ensured to always get 1

The figurehead has 40% reduction. Not a 40% reduction to the entire ship

Back